Author Topic: CC Pick'em (Bracket challenge)  (Read 11869 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: CC Pick'em (Bracket challenge)
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
I had Tennessee over Oklahoma State.  Not happy right now.  :banghead:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »
I had Tennessee over Oklahoma State.  Not happy right now.  :banghead:

Hell. I'm from Tennessee and here right now and picked them to lose.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
Hell. I'm from Tennessee and here right now and picked them to lose.

But, I did pick Dayton over West Virginia.  I just had this feeling about them.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
But, I did pick Dayton over West Virginia.  I just had this feeling about them.

I picked Dayton in my other pool. I thought I had them here. Who changed my grid? :hammer: :banghead: :-)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:24 PM »
[youtube=425,350]gDOZ4weUxXg[/youtube]

Son of a bitch uncorks a seoi-nage on Griffin. Bastard should be banned from college athletics.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 06:35:19 PM »
[youtube=425,350]gDOZ4weUxXg[/youtube]

Son of a bitch uncorks a seoi-nage on Griffin. Bastard should be banned from college athletics.

I think that would fall under the definition of a "flagrant technical foul," don't you?

Chase her.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »
I think that would fall under the definition of a "flagrant technical foul," don't you?

It was and he was ejected. He needs to lose any eligibility.

Offline Flame

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »
I got 19/24...is that any good?  LOL

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 12:02:49 AM »
Tied for first place....Yeehaw :beer: :tongue: :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 04:40:40 AM »
Did anyone have Cleveland State over Wake Forest?

Schools from NY seem to have this thing with overtime games--Siena went to 2 OTs to beat Ohio State.  I picked OSU, chiefly because I felt their athleticism would win the day, but I'm happy with losing that one.  Even though I have Louisville winning it all, I'd be happy as all Hell to see Siena go to the Sweet 16.

Tuck, I knew that he was ejected.  That video should be shown at referee's clinics all over the country.

Chase her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:46 AM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
****ING ACC PUKES!!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 07:27:35 AM »
Before you get mad at the ACC, you saw what Coach K said about the Obamessiah?  Something to the effect of, "He should be spending less time on his brackets and more time on the economy."  Coach K was a tanker after he graduated from West Point, and even though I tend towards Carolina in that rivalry, my respect for him just went waaaay up.

Chase her.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 07:55:55 AM »
I know what Coack K said.  I'm also a total homer for ACC basketball, having gone to GT.

Florida State was overranked, IMO, but Wake should NOT have lost that game.  Not to Cleveland Friggin State.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »
Well I moved out of last place in a hurry. I guess anything can happen in bracketology.  :cheersmate:
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/134676
There have been some really great games so far, what a great weekend for bball.

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:14 PM »
Good article on the Zag's...
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11542904

North Carolina is loaded, and North Carolina is classy, and that's all there is to say about that.

But Gonzaga is better.

Or at least, I hope Gonzaga is better.

Don't you? Come on now. Not including the legions of UNC fans out there, aren't you ready for Gonzaga to make some real noise in the NCAA tournament? The Zags burst onto the scene in 1999, reaching the Elite Eight while the rest of the country was learning the school pronounced itself Gun-ZAG-uh, as opposed to Gon-ZAW-guh. Or maybe that was just me. It took Richie Frahm and Casey Calvary and F.P. Matt Santangelo for me to learn how to say that damn word "Gonzaga."

Anyway, the Zags burst onto the NCAA tournament scene in 1999 ... and haven't done much since. They've been to the tournament every year since then, but in those nine appearances the Zags have won a grand total of nine games. No regional finals since the first one in 1999, and this is a program that has had great talent: Dan Dickau, Ronny Turiaf, Blake Stepp, J.P. Batista, Adam Morrison, Derek Raivio. I could go on. Not far enough to include David Pendergraft, but still. I could go on.

Bring on the march to the final four! Can't wait for the games to begin again.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »
Gonna be a fun weekend, that's for sure.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
Mizzou vs. Memphis should be track meet. I am glad I am in the Big 12 coverage region.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 06:50:09 PM »
Purdue off to a rough start. Can't buy a basket.  :(

Xavier giving Pitt all they can handle.  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
What a great game. I feel sorry for the chumps who have to watch Duke vs. Villanova.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
What a great game. I feel sorry for the chumps who have to watch Duke vs. Villanova.

This is great stuff.

Unfortunatly the two games I wanted to watch most today were both on early but this game is a blessing in disguise. Xavier sure gave Pitt a hellofa game. Wish they had pulled it out like I predicted.  :(

- Ayn Rand

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
This is great stuff.

Unfortunatly the two games I wanted to watch most today were both on early but this game is a blessing in disguise. Xavier sure gave Pitt a hellofa game. Wish they had pulled it out like I predicted.  :(

Hello! I seem to be lost. Is this the mens therad?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
3/4 court swish at the buzzer!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »
Hello! I seem to be lost. Is this the mens therad?

Not at all. Women are welcome to bring us beers as we lounge in front of the game.  :tongue:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »
Not at all. Women are welcome to bring us beers as we lounge in front of the game.  :tongue:

and don't forget the sammiches! What will you have love?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »
3/4 court swish at the buzzer!

I believe we are watching basketball or a gay pride parade....  :naughty: