Author Topic: AP Interview: Transportation secretary says taxing how much we drive may replace  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Ya know, I was thinking........ they already tax us on how much we drive. The more we drive, the more gasoline we use. The larger the vehicle, the more gasoline we use. There are road taxes already built into the resale price of gasoline. Maybe the .gov should have an extra special tax for electric/ hybrid vehicles and leave us with our gas guzzlers alone.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
We both live 40 miles from work...(80 miles apart was the closest we could get our jobs).  With all that's been suggested, we'd be better off quitting both jobs and letting Pres. Obama pick up the tab for our mortgage and living expenses. 

You could always just ride your free pony to work.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
You could always just ride your free pony to work.

Wouldn't work for me. The free pony I want from the government is this one:

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe