Author Topic: Gore Hearing On Warming Maybe Be Put On Ice  (Read 3542 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Gore Hearing On Warming Maybe Be Put On Ice
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 05:26:35 PM »
Well, you know, one can be both hypocritical and correct at the same time. Don't you agree?

Sadly, Gore does not fall into this "hypocritcal AND correct" category.  The first, he fits quite nicely.  The second, he couldn't be more out of it if he tried.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 11:45:53 PM »
Generally, scientists look at a 30 year period to establish a climate baseline.

Oh great! The "scientisits" can't predict the weather tomorrow, but they can for the next 30 years. Boy, I know I'm convinced!

I don't understand how you people think global warming is such a bad thing. For cryin' out loud, during the day of T Rex the climate supported dinos the size of 3 city busses. The climate was basically the temp of the Amazon jungle EVERYWHERE, including both arctic poles! Yet you seem to think a few degrees will be the end of the world.

Your logic escapes me!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 05:24:30 AM »
Divine intervention.

Or Rovian interference.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 07:12:05 AM »

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 08:35:42 AM »
Oh great! The "scientisits" can't predict the weather tomorrow, but they can for the next 30 years. Boy, I know I'm convinced!

Weather and climate are not the same thing. Weather is far more unpredictable than climate.

I don't understand how you people think global warming is such a bad thing. For cryin' out loud, during the day of T Rex the climate supported dinos the size of 3 city busses. The climate was basically the temp of the Amazon jungle EVERYWHERE, including both arctic poles! Yet you seem to think a few degrees will be the end of the world.

The problem is not climate change per se. The problem is rapid climate change. Ecosystems, many of which sustain our current way of life, are adapted to current climate conditions. If climate changes too rapidly ecosystems may not have enough time to adapt to new conditions and may fail.

Consider...

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2006/11/great_dying_tied_to_global_war.php
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 09:09:37 AM »
Yep, that makes a whole lot of sense, don't it. Considering one half of a degree in the last 30 years, and absolutely no change or cooler in the last 10!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!