Author Topic: "It's begining to look a lot like..." Post 'em if you got 'em!  (Read 11467 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: "It's begining to look a lot like..." Post 'em if you got 'em!
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
Of course what is NOT visible is my wife's Pile Of Organization consisting of the foot high drift of mail and papers waiting to be magically organized by the accounting and filing elves.

I bought a special trash can for that.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »
My closet has mounds of paperwork and documents waiting to be filed...I plan to do it every weekend, but for some reason, something always comes up.  :uhsure:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2008, 09:16:18 PM »
I picked up extra tables so I can put more stuff under them and pretend it doesn't exist.

I have lots of boxes.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »
I picked up extra tables so I can put more stuff under them and pretend it doesn't exist.

I have lots of boxes.

Sounds like what my parents have been doing.  :uhsure: 

I've stuffed all my important papers on the top shelves of the two closets in my bedroom.  (Why it has two closets, I will never know. :confused: )
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2008, 09:19:02 PM »
I had a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica's World Books dating back to 1964 and I can NOT find them.  :censored:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
LOL!

I have a 7 year old son and a 14 year old daughter Frank.

Better Homes And Gardens is a distant memory at this point.

I turned my wife loose on the paper drift that has been threatening to avalanch and kill me in the kitchen the last week.
I have high hopes that there will be countertop available by dinner. :)

I have a 9 year old, 15 year old and 19 year old (who admittadly lives away at college now), what does that have to do with the subject?   :uhsure:   :p

Offline debk

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »

I have lots of boxes.

There are some great plastic boxes that have wheels on one end and slide under the bed.....you can fit at least 4 under a queen and they hold lots of unfiled stuff.....not that I  would know ya understand....  :innocent:

you may need to buy the bed lifts in order to fit them under the bed....but they do make the bed a better height   :uhsure:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »
Had to go looking for this thread so I could post a few pictures of our tree.

With flash (should I take down the pictures just for christmas?).  No presents yet.

With out flash, it is blurry, I couldn't figure out the right setting.  Ignore the tennis ball, the dogs were playing.   :p

Nice balls.

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Nice balls.

:tongue:

But of course, I always have great balls.   :tongue:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »
For some reason my wife wasn't happy with the way I put up the outside lights.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »
For some reason my wife wasn't happy with the way I put up the outside lights.

LOL!

H5.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2008, 10:21:36 PM »
Cincinnati had it's first little snow a few days ago. (took a quick pic out the back window) Of course,  two days later it was 57 degrees and the  snow was gone. Then we has a bit of an ice shower, then light snow then in the upper 40's with a warm springish breeze.

I'm predicting a white Christmas but then again this is Ohio, where we all say, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes... it will change"!!!

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
the tree(yes, mine always looks like the one from The Christmas Story--I'm nostalgic like that)

And the mantle with and without the flash..don't mind the kids handprints on the fireplace enclosure :whatever:

Offline debk

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2008, 02:25:19 PM »
How pretty!!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
the tree(yes, mine always looks like the one from The Christmas Story--I'm nostalgic like that)

And the mantle with and without the flash..don't mind the kids handprints on the fireplace enclosure :whatever:

Beautiful tree!!  :)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 02:38:47 PM »

Your tree looks like it is glowing, how did you do that?

Oh and I didn't even notice the handprints until you pointed it out (I still can't quite tell that they are handprints)  and I notice EVERYTHING.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »
Your tree looks like it is glowing, how did you do that?

Oh and I didn't even notice the handprints until you pointed it out (I still can't quite tell that they are handprints)  and I notice EVERYTHING.

I messed with the settings on the camera...that finally was a setting that took out all flash, but didn't make it totally unrecognizable if I the camera was not completely still. I'll have to get the other half here to get some with the 'good' camera since he can probably get them even better then that. I wanted to pics you are talking about because I really wanted to the lights shimmering kidn of thing you know? I'm going to ask him to put a filter that makes the lights kind of twinkle too. I'll post the results we get.

As for the mantle--doh! That brass I don't notice those things unless I'm right up next to it or I take a picture of it. And it wasn't the week I wipe it down with the windex. I'd love to just take that down and open it, but I think it gets very cold if it's wide open like that.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 03:01:57 PM »
I messed with the settings on the camera...that finally was a setting that took out all flash, but didn't make it totally unrecognizable if I the camera was not completely still. I'll have to get the other half here to get some with the 'good' camera since he can probably get them even better then that. I wanted to pics you are talking about because I really wanted to the lights shimmering kidn of thing you know? I'm going to ask him to put a filter that makes the lights kind of twinkle too. I'll post the results we get.

As for the mantle--doh! That brass I don't notice those things unless I'm right up next to it or I take a picture of it. And it wasn't the week I wipe it down with the windex. I'd love to just take that down and open it, but I think it gets very cold if it's wide open like that.

You just wrote like I talk, what has happened to you?   :tongue:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 03:20:39 PM »

You just wrote like I talk, what has happened to you?   :tongue:

I've rediscovered my perfectionist.  :-* That is both a good and a bad thing.  :-)

Offline debk

« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »
I finally got most of my decorating done on Christmas Eve.....better late than never....

oops! a "tad" blurry.....(phototographer was into the spirits :-))

it doesn't look crooked from the other angle.... :confused:

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
Deb. your tree is in the perfect spot. Your home and your decorations are beautiful.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
I finally got most of my decorating done on Christmas Eve.....better late than never....

It all looks great. I love the wood beams in the ceiling.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2008, 04:45:38 PM »
Love your "tablescape" Deb... :-)

Offline debk

« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »
Deb. your tree is in the perfect spot. Your home and your decorations are beautiful.

Thanks. It is the perfect spot for the tree.....we just don't see it much in the living room. I don't have a spot for it in the family room/kitchen.

Offline debk

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2008, 05:02:17 PM »
It all looks great. I love the wood beams in the ceiling.

Thanks. They are in the kitchen/family room, hallway and foyer too, only the ceiling is flat.