Author Topic: I Am Woman by Helen Reddy  (Read 19619 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: I Am Woman by Helen Reddy
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2008, 07:39:31 PM »
Convoy was the best rap song ever
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:29 PM »

I agree, it inspired a generation.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2008, 07:45:19 PM »

I vote for "Hot Rod Lincoln".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

I vote for "Hot Rod Lincoln".

You all can't remember "Boy Named Sue"?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »
Don't make me post the lyrics to "My Heart Will Go On," you two!   

:evillaugh:
I think that is a crime in 14 states and at least 4 countries.

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 10:36:44 AM »
Muscrat Love...

+1

Don't it Make Your Brown Eyes Blue.

Having Your Baby

Anything Country

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2008, 10:43:32 AM »

Anything Country

[youtube=425,350]R68pST-t5_U[/youtube]

Corrupted youth

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2008, 10:46:06 AM »
"Celebration", "We Are Family", and "Lean on Me"  :redbird: I HATE those songs, make me want to punch someone!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »
"Celebration", "We Are Family", and "Lean on Me"  :redbird: I HATE those songs, make me want to punch someone!

[youtube=425,350]y2Xun-QbGWw[/youtube]

"Lean on me", say Club Nouveau.

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »
anything Barry Manilow   :hammer:
[/quote

Oh, yeah? Well, I saw him in concert TWICE (the second time I could have touched him since he came down my aisle to get to the stage and I was in the aisle seat) and he was the bomb both times, so there!!  :tongue:

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »

[youtube=425,350]y2Xun-QbGWw[/youtube]

"Lean on me", say Club Nouveau.

You are going to Hell. Now I have to go punch someone.  :bird:  :-)

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
"Feelings"   :hammer:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! No, no, no, not THAT song!!!!  :hammer:

Runs away to bang head against wall to get rid of piercing earworm

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2008, 10:59:56 AM »
Anything at all by Michael Bolton. The man's "voice" makes my teeth hurt. Actually, make that anything by Michael Bolton, Mariah Carey, or (dare I even say it) Britney Spears. Oh, yes, and ANY country song by ANY country singer, period.  :hammer:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2008, 11:03:01 AM »

Oh, yeah? Well, I saw him in concert TWICE (the second time I could have touched him since he came down my aisle to get to the stage and I was in the aisle seat) and he was the bomb both times, so there!!  :tongue:

Lisa, I met Manilow back when he was playing piano for Bette Midler and the Harlettes.  The man doesn't have a natural male harmone in his body.  I don't think his feet touched the ground when he walked.  He had to go the Al Gore route and hire a women to teach him how to be a man before his big solo career took off.  

Offline Taxman

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »

Anything Country

:bird: :mental:

I hate the sappy, stupid stuff like my hound dog got hit by a train when he jumped out of the back of my pickup truck on the way to my lover's trailer.  I also hate the crooning voices....YECH!!! :bigbird:  :-)

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »

Lisa, I met Manilow back when he was playing piano for Bette Midler and the Harlettes.  The man doesn't have a natural male harmone in his body.  I don't think his feet touched the ground when he walked.  He had to go the Al Gore route and hire a women to teach him how to be a man before his big solo career took off.  

Oh, I don't doubt that; I've always known he was gay whether he actually ever admits it or not (I don't think he ever will, for career reasons). But I love his music and he puts on one helluva good concert. He writes all different types of music, too, including jazz, and not just the "sappy" stuff he's best known for.

Offline Lisa

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »

Anything Country

I hate the sappy, stupid stuff like my hound dog got hit by a train when he jumped out of the back of my pickup truck on the way to my lover's trailer.  I also hate the crooning voices....YECH!!! :bigbird:  :-)

My favorite all-time country song title (and no, it isn't "why don't we get drunk and screw"  :-)), has to be "I just cut myself on a piece of her broken heart". And yes, the song is as bad as the title, if not worse.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

Oh, I don't doubt that; I've always known he was gay whether he actually ever admits it or not (I don't think he ever will, for career reasons). But I love his music and he puts on one helluva good concert. He writes all different types of music, too, including jazz, and not just the "sappy" stuff he's best known for.

Manilow was a nice enough guy.  He was shy and and seemed to be leery of people.  I'm sure his childhood was hell.  He probably got beat up every day of his life.  I was really surprised when he made such a splash a few years later.  The women swooning was a bit much to take though.

Manilow can play the piano better than anyone I ever heard.  He is very talented.  His popular songs are, for the most part, crap.

Offline guest

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »

Anything Country

Awww, look, bringing out the usual stereotypes.  Now isn't that cute?  :mental:

I can accept the excuse in regards to pop country (Carrie Underwood needs to go back to Oklahoma....  she can sing, but country is not what she is... :hammer:  Frickin PETA skank that she is.  )

But for folks like George Strait, George Jones,  Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline... you anti-country folks have no clue, since all you base your arguments on are STEREOTYPES (It's all that pop country crap that's to blame, in my opinion.  The artists in that silly subgenre play up the stereotypes themselves, and thus, are destroying what used to be a great genre).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:27:20 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »

Anything Country

I can accept the excuse in regards to pop country (Carrie Underwood needs to go back to Oklahoma....  she can sing, but country is not what she is... :hammer:  Frickin PETA skank that she is.  )

But for folks like George Strait, George Jones,  Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline... you anti-country folks have no clue, since all you base your arguments on are STEREOTYPES (It's all that pop country crap that's to blame, in my opinion).

Are you ****ing kidding me?????  :o  :bawl:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
Don't be including me in that "you".  I have a lot of respect for the great country artist.  Patsy Cline was incredible.  90% of the singers in the world would sell their souls to the devil to have her graceful pipes.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2008, 11:29:58 AM »
Don't be including me in that "you".  I have a lot of respect for the great country artist.  Patsy Cline was incredible.  90% of the singers in the world would sell their souls to the devil to have her graceful pipes.

Oh, I'm not Undies. :)

Taxman is the main target of my wrath right now.  :evillaugh:

Offline guest

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »

Anything Country

But for folks like George Strait, George Jones,  Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline... you anti-country folks have no clue, since all you base your arguments on are STEREOTYPES (It's all that pop country crap that's to blame, in my opinion).

No, I'm not.   I'm sorry, Silver, but when Carrie called herself pure country (I read it in a country magazine), I had a fit.   :hammer:

I used to be a fan, but she clearly has an ego problem.

Pure country is deceased, thanks to people like her.    Putting Carrie in the same genre as folks like Hank Williams Sr, Patsy Cline, etc,  is just WRONG, and I think country fans of all stripes need to accept that.

She is nothing but a teeny bopper icon to me.   She is a good singer, but I refuse to label her as country, because she hasn't earned it (awards don't count, btw) in my book. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:34:53 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »

Anything Country

No, I'm not.   I'm sorry, Silver, but when Carrie called herself pure country (I read it in a country magazine), I had a fit.   :hammer:

I used to be a fan, but she clearly has an ego problem.

Pure country is deceased, thanks to people like her.    Putting Carrie in the same genre as folks like Hank Williams Sr, Patsy Cline, etc,  is just WRONG, and I think country fans of all stripes need to accept that.

She is nothing but a teeny bopper icon to me.   She is a good singer, but I refuse to label her as country, because she hasn't earned it (awards don't count, btw) in my book. 

Noone can hold a candle to Patsy or any of the ladies of classic country, for that I agree. But please explain where you get this "PETA wench" thing from. That is very upsetting.