Author Topic: This could shut the DUmp DOWN!  (Read 631 times)

Offline lastparker

This could shut the DUmp DOWN!
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »
Texas AG wants tighter rules for registered sex offenders
BY NATHANIEL JONES

DALLAS -- Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott on Wednesday called for new laws that will require registered sex offenders to register their cell phone numbers, email addresses, and on-line profiles for Internet use.

Abbott made the call after last week's arrest of a 34-year-old Dallas man who was wanted by authorities for not meeting court-ordered sex offender registration requirements.

The attorney general said that although Clarence Augustine had been listed as a fugitive since 2006, he operated an exotic modeling and dancing business through MySpace.com, the social networking Web site.

"Though social networking Web sites are virtual hangouts for teens in Texas, they are also a playground for predators to target their next victims," Abbott said.

Augustine was convicted in 1999 of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl and he served three years in prison, Abbott said.

If Augustine had registered as the attorney general has suggested, authorities could have tracked him down more quickly, Abbott said.

http://www.star-telegram.com/dallas_news/story/976518.html
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Airwolf

Re: This could shut the DUmp DOWN!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:50:32 PM »
This may very well have to be the next step.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"