Author Topic: How can the RW say being a liberal is a bad thing?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
How can the RW say being a liberal is a bad thing?
« on: October 14, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4234446

cynatnite  (1000+ posts)        Tue Oct-14-08 10:10 AM
Original message
How can the RW say being a liberal is a bad thing? 
What is their definition of being a liberal?

I have a tough time understanding why I'm so bad because I'm a lib. Can anyone help me out here?

Trajan  (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-14-08 10:13 AM
Response to Original message
2. Because they have gotten away with this demonization for decades
 Liberalism has been a rousing success for America .... to say otherwise is a lie ....
Absolutely! Remember how Liberalism won the Cold War and fixed all those problems in Africa and won the War On Poverty here at home?

derby378  (1000+ posts)        Tue Oct-14-08 10:16 AM
Response to Reply #3
5. Not to mention that "liberal" is sometimes a code word for "Jew"
 That should tell you where some of the hate is coming from.
WTF?  :p

timeforarevolution  (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-14-08 10:18 AM
Response to Reply #5
6. Do you know more of the history of this?
 I've seen that alluded to in the last week...the Jew hating associated with the word "liberal" but I don't understand the thinking, nor the history.

Thanks. 

derby378  (1000+ posts)        Tue Oct-14-08 10:24 AM
Response to Reply #6
8. It's sort of a blanket hate/paranoia thing
 The claim is that Jews control the media, the banks, Hollywood, and darned near everything else. And if they're telling everyone to vote Obama, well, that's all she wrote.

timeforarevolution  (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-14-08 10:27 AM
Response to Reply #8
10. okay, so it ties in with the "liberal media" and "elite" shit.....
 Probably goes back to McCarthy days. More to research...lol.

Thanks much! 

Lydia Leftcoast  (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-14-08 10:26 AM
9. For 20 years, hate radio and Fox News have used "liberal" as a synonym for 
 "everything you (the uninformed middle American) don't like."

derby378  (1000+ posts)        Tue Oct-14-08 02:19 PM
Response to Reply #11
12. In the six years since that was posted, however...
 ...the classic liberal position on gun legislation has evolved. Now you find an increasing number of liberals who recognize that Second Amendment rights are just as important as women's rights, gay rights, patient's rights, etc.
  :rotf:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: How can the RW say being a liberal is a bad thing?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
Response to Reply #3

I'm behind the times. I thought the code word for "Jew" was "Jew".
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »
Response to Reply #3

Yet no one would throw Israel to the muzzies faster then our "liberals" of today.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 02:55:03 PM »
Quote from:
derby378

8. It's sort of a blanket hate/paranoia thing

The claim is that Jews control the media, the banks, Hollywood, and darned near everything else. And if they're telling everyone to vote Obama, well, that's all she wrote..

But in the real world...

Quote from:
PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_o_jesse_knows_133450.htm?page=0

Exactly who is it saying Jews control things?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:00:13 PM »
Because liberal is no longer what a 'Liberal' is.  Today's 'Liberal' is a totalitarian collectivist or better known as a Stalinist communist.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 03:54:15 PM »
Wait...isn't neocon code for "Jew" in the liberal la la land? Now I'm confused...I didn't know I was supposed to be antisemitic now. I mean I know I'm supposed to be a racist because I'm not voting for Obama and I'm anti-woman because I don't believe in killing male and female babies before they've even had a chance to draw their first breath (or those who actually survived long enough to inhale and exhale) but this is a new one.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
Wait...isn't neocon code for "Jew" in the liberal la la land? Now I'm confused...I didn't know I was supposed to be antisemitic now. I mean I know I'm supposed to be a racist because I'm not voting for Obama and I'm anti-woman because I don't believe in killing male and female babies before they've even had a chance to draw their first breath (or those who actually survived long enough to inhale and exhale) but this is a new one.

Cindie

Quite simple:  everything is code for everything else.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »
Lydia Leftcoast  (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-14-08 10:26 AM
9. For 20 years, hate radio and Fox News have used "liberal" as a synonym for
 "everything you (the uninformed middle American) don't like."

Fox News has been on the air for 20 years?  Who knew? :mental: :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
I don't hate the word liberal.   I hate the fact they hijacked a good word.  A Classic Liberal would have favored limited government interference in the personal lives of it's citizens.

Today's liberal is essentially an uncaring nanny.  They want to give you everything they think you need and watch and approve of your every action and thought if they can.  They have no notion of wants or desires or effort.  The world is a wasteland to their utilitarian view.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

Cindie
I think "code word" is anything the DUmp wants to label.  Making sense has always been optional...and an option most can't manage.   :thatsright:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 06:25:30 PM »
derby378  (1000+ posts)        Tue Oct-14-08 02:19 PM
Response to Reply #11
12. In the six years since that was posted, however... the classic liberal position on gun legislation has evolved. Now you find an increasing number of liberals who recognize that Second Amendment rights are just as important as women's rights, gay rights, patient's rights, etc.

I'm not in the mood to have the government tell me what to do while the rest of us wait for you to grow up. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline comradebillyboy

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
I don't hate the word liberal.   I hate the fact they hijacked a good word.  A Classic Liberal would have favored limited government interference in the personal lives of it's citizens.

Today's liberal is essentially an uncaring nanny.  They want to give you everything they think you need and watch and approve of your every action and thought if they can.  They have no notion of wants or desires or effort.  The world is a wasteland to their utilitarian view.

Very cogent observation. I could, and do,  respect the liberalism of FDR, Harry Truman and LBJ. After the great victories in civil rights, liberalism seems to have completely lost focus on its old values and just driven over the cliff. Unfortunately the left has also become more extreme and out of touch; many conservative leaders, after Regan, have mirrored the left's extremest and irresponsible behavior, distorting the meaning and nature of conservatism.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »
The shit these fools make up is amazing if it wasn't for the fact 99% of them are brain dead, cheeto eating zombies.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"