Author Topic: The financial crisis explained  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

The financial crisis explained
« on: September 27, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »
There are 5 videos in this series. What he says makes a lot of sense.

Ask a Super Genius - The Financial Crisis - (Part 1)   
[youtube=425,350]gTr3aWqZsgc[/youtube]
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SaintLouieWoman

Re: The financial crisis explained
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »
There are 5 videos in this series. What he says makes a lot of sense.

Ask a Super Genius - The Financial Crisis - (Part 1)   
[youtube=425,350]gTr3aWqZsgc[/youtube]

He does make a lot of sense, but could get the point across with better presentation materials. It's really tough trying to read that chart. But he does a good job explaining, other than he seems to get mixed up between Fannie and Freddie. I think he should have checked before me made his you-tube presentation. (said by someone who has sat through a whole lot of boring presentations at work).  :-)

I get sick of the dems trying to put all the blame on Bush and the republicans.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

He does make a lot of sense, but could get the point across with better presentation materials. It's really tough trying to read that chart. But he does a good job explaining, other than he seems to get mixed up between Fannie and Freddie. I think he should have checked before me made his you-tube presentation. (said by someone who has sat through a whole lot of boring presentations at work).  :-)

I know for being a super genius... hello?... PowerPoint?  :lmao: You sound like you have a pretty solid background and could probably fill in the gaps better.

Scratching my head over the acronym "RTC" used in his solution. What does that mean? 
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:59:21 PM »

I know for being a super genius... hello?... PowerPoint?  :lmao: You sound like you have a pretty solid background and could probably fill in the gaps better.

Scratching my head over the acronym "RTC" used in his solution. What does that mean? 

"Resolution Trust Corporation".  it was created back in the 80's to deal with the S&L problem.

Offline terry

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »
I really like this one Gramps posted on NU..
financial crisis
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oH--o[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:45:04 AM by terry »

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »
Terry, I like that one. I bet that went over like a lead balloon over at NUtterville.  :-)