Author Topic: GAS PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7780 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: GAS PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »
I work with a guy who traded his Grand Cherokee for a Patriot, off a lease.  He gets 10 mpg more with the Patriot than the GC.

Gas prices near me are still around $3.75 or so.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »
When to Sam's tonight.....when I passed the Pilot up the hill...it was $4.99 and the gas truck was pulling out of the parking lot.

Get to Sam's....on this side of town, about 15 minutes away....and their gas was $3.84!!!!! I thought maybe they just hadn't corrected their price signs. However, I was meeting a friend there, and she was getting gas and told me that's what it was.

When I came home, the Pilot still had gas at $4.99, but the Weigel's and Texaco had all their pumps covered.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »
Yesterday it was $3.44 a Gallon. Today it was $3.59/Gal
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
Thursday it was 3.69 here, then Friday night (when I filled up) it was 3.89. Now, just after work this afternoon... it spiked to 4.39 a gallon. Maybe at gas stations that aren't Shell and BP, it's 4.29, but still...I tell ya, it's nuts.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 12:12:56 AM »
It was 3.36 on Monday.  I filled up for $4.01 and it was a bargain.  I've been seeing $4.50, $4.60, and up across town.  I saw a station selling Regular for $4.50 and their diesel was still selling for $4.01.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
Now they are saying that the refinieries will be down a week :banghead:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »
As I have said before, post Katrina it was about a month before we here in the panhandle of Fla. got a barge full of gasoline. Earlier this year we invested in a scooter. looks like it may come in handy.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »
It's $3.49 here in Kansas City, which is up from $3.35 on Friday, but I'm not certain how much of our supply comes from the gulf refineries..........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »

They can't start them up until the electricity is restored, then they can call in the workers and it takes a couple of days to get the refinery up and running. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »

They can't start them up until the electricity is restored, then they can call in the workers and it takes a couple of days to get the refinery up and running. 

You can bet the farm that there will be crews working on the lines to them 24/7.  (Might even be some special VRWC Electrical Techs, too.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »

You can bet the farm that there will be crews working on the lines to them 24/7.  (Might even be some special VRWC Electrical Techs, too.)

From a lineman standpoint, that would probably be first priority, followed by other commercial, then residential.

However, the utility can only do so much, depending on where the line is drawn for utility versus customer responsibility.  For example, when I was a relay tech with SCE (So Cal Edison), substations would supply the refineries (like Chevmain, Mobil, etc), but once that juice left our breakers, it was THEIR responsibility--IOW, if their system is down, it's up to them to fix it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »

I realize that. I hope they hurry yet do it safely

Offline Flame

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »
I saw a caravan of about 10 trucks heading down south from PA yesterday...I'm sure there are tons of others on the way to help out, too.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »
I have seen a bunch of utility trucks heading to TX on Interstate 10. The out of state utility company from AL did a bang up job to restore the power in my neighborhood in Baton Rouge.

Gas prices have not gone up but a few cents here. Baton Rouge has the 3rd largest refinery in the country.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
Local news reported that Flying J and Pilot have had complaints filed against them for price gouging.

Should be interesting...this is Pilot's home....one of the founder's sons is the Mayor. On the other hand.....they give millions back to the community and the University.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »
NC is going to be issuing subpoena's today are tomorrow for people they have received complaints on.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
Friday afternoon regular was $3.59, this morning $3.99. 

Offline djones520

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
$4.19 here in Detroit.  Grandparents told me it was $3.55 the day before I got here (3 days ago).

Was watching Fox News while taking a lunch break from hunting today.  They pointed out that even though Oil dropped to $94 a barrel, prices where sky rocketting everywhere, solely because of the lack of refineries.

So what does that mean?  Build more ****ing refineries.  Doesn't take a PhD in rocket science to figure that shit out.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Nick Schizen

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »
NJ................ Friday... $3.27 .................. Saturday.......$3.47 ............ Sunday..... $3.40 ...... Today..... $3.35................. who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I frequent a fishing site in in NC where there are those who blame President Bush, and when I posted what I pay in NJ one imbecile said that it was because we have refineries here and that they didn't down there. But that makes absolutely no sense at all seeing that there are states with refineries that the price is higher than NC's!

It's all about greedy quick buck artists in the area.

Sure! We could debate this all we want about why the price of gas is higher in one state than it is in another ............. gas tax...... suppliers cost... and so on, but if it costs $3.27 in NJ, and $3.37 in NC on Wednesday night, and on Saturday it costs $3.47 in NJ and $3.99 in NC then the guys in NC are screwing their own people royally!

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 03:19:32 PM »
NJ................ Friday... $3.27 .................. Saturday.......$3.47 ............ Sunday..... $3.40 ...... Today..... $3.35................. who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I frequent a fishing site in in NC where there are those who blame President Bush, and when I posted what I pay in NJ one imbecile said that it was because we have refineries here and that they didn't down there. But that makes absolutely no sense at all seeing that there are states with refineries that the price is higher than NC's!

Sure! We could debate this all we want about why the price of gas is higher in one state than it is in another ............. gas tax...... suppliers cost... and so on, but if it costs $3.27 in NJ, and $3.37 in NC on Wednesday night, and on Saturday it costs $3.47 in NJ and $3.99 in NC then the guys in NC are screwing their own people royally!

we all pay a federal gas tax, but don't the states have a gas tax too? and the amount differs state to state. I don't even know what Fla.'s is.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 07:10:13 AM »
Gas up to $3.73 this morning--.30 up from last week.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »

we all pay a federal gas tax, but don't the states have a gas tax too? and the amount differs state to state. I don't even know what Fla.'s is.

I'm not sure the specific taxes, but last Thursday two vertical marketing reps from the manufacturer of the equipment I sell were in from Chicago for a lunch meeting with me. They were saying at the time that gas in the Chicago area was about $4.50 a gallon (before the Ike inspired gas hikes). That day the gas was about $3.40 a gallon in Missouri. Folks at my office who live in Illinois and work in Missouri always get their gas on the Missouri side.

Those state taxes really make a difference. The one woman said that she was buying cigarettes to take back to Illinois. She said in Cook County, Ill the price for a carton of cigarettes was over $80, due to local taxes. I don't smoke, but thought she said a carton was about $37 here.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:24 AM »
If anybody suspects price gouging, it can be reported to both your respective State Atty General or here:

http://gaswatch.energy.gov/
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »
Pilot's moved theirs back down to $4.49.

We made the national news for the highest gas hike in the country.... :thatsright: