Author Topic: If the House impeached him again....?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: If the House impeached him again....?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 09:56:04 PM »

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 10:05:48 AM »
Unless I missed something, that is not what the USC says.

Exactly.  President Trump's defense team would merely have to cite Article 2, section 2, clause 2 of the US Constitution then rest their case.

Article II
Section 2
Clause 2
He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2020, 07:04:02 PM »
McCarthy threatens motion to oust Pelosi if she tries to impeach Trump to delay SCOTUS confirmation
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-motion-oust-pelosi-impeachment-trump

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., threatened on Wednesday to introduce a motion to oust Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., if she attempts to bring forth a second round of impeachment charges as a way to prevent the Senate from confirming President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

Pelosi has declined to rule out impeachment as an option to stop Trump’s court pick from being confirmed to the bench, arguning that Democrats will “use every arrow in our quiver” to block the eventual nominee.

“I will make you this one promise, listening to the speaker on television this weekend, if she tries to move for an impeachment based upon the president following the Constitution, I think there will be a move on the floor to no longer have the question of her being Speaker. She may think she has a quiver — we do too,” McCarthy told reporters Wednesday.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is introducing to ouster Speaker Nancy Pelosi if she follows through the second impeachment.

Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., has spearheaded the effort to remove Pelosi.

"Thanks to our efforts, House Republican leadership allowed us to bring this proposal for debate within our conference. I have spent many hours over the last few weeks, strategizing with my colleagues and talking to them about the necessity of taking this action," he said in a statement. "Most Republican Members of Congress wholeheartedly agree that Nancy Pelosi must be removed as Speaker of the House."

Democrats have embarked on a crusade to block Trump and Republicans from moving to fill the SCOTUS seat that was vacated following the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has promised to move forward with a vote to confirm the president's nominee before the election, and Trump will announce his pick Saturday at 5 p.m. ET. Trump has said his choice will be a woman and that his list is down to five contenders.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2020, 07:27:14 PM »
Speaker Pelosi may not have the votes to Shampeach Trump against, but I seriously doubt any Dems would vote to oust her. If the Dems retain their House majority, maybe they'll ditch her in January.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.