Author Topic: disabled primitives bitch and moan  (Read 1760 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
disabled primitives bitch and moan
« on: November 25, 2018, 12:06:39 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11411051

Oh my.

Astraea (380 posts)     Wed Sep 5, 2018, 10:06 AM

My history applying for SSDI and SSI

Okay, so I have Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar I, severe enough that I cannot work anymore. I know that's already a strike against me because it's an "invisible illness".

First, I applied for SSDI and was denied at each step of the appeals process. They said that since I was helping my physically disabled mother get from her chair to the bathroom that I was capable of working a regular job. It took over two years to go through this whole process. All that time wasted, the despair, the aggravation. It didn't help my mental state one bit.

So now I'm applying for SSI because I don't qualify for SSDI anymore. My mental health has deteriorated to the extent that I can't handle the pressure of taking care of my mother anymore; it causes me too much stress. I can't be at her beck and call anymore. So the rest of my family and my boyfriend have had to step in.

They sent me first to the same psychologist that interviewed me when I first applied. To me, that seems biased and I don't think that's right, but whatever. She behaved in an unprofessional and insulting manner, criticizing my relationship with my boyfriend just because he's older than me. And she never asked about my condition anyhow.

So, denied again. Then sent to a medical doctor. Appealed. Denied. Now I am waiting 16-18 months to see a disability judge!!! What the hell?? Do they really think I would put myself through all this if I really didn't have a problem?

And for what? $750 a month maybe? I'll really be living large, won't I? I can't even work part time jobs. I get so stressed I end up crying in the bathroom, unable to work, or erupting into a rage over the smallest thing. Or becoming suicidal, hurting myself, cutting. I've even gone to the hospital because I was having homicidal thoughts towards my mom and I didn't feel safe being in the house with her.

This whole system is a joke. It's broken and they're just making it harder and harder for disabled people.

Sorry for the rant.

Does anybody else have a similar experience applying for disability?

You know, I dunno why primitives have so much trouble getting aboard the disability gravy train.

The usual primitive whining, until the final comment:

Ziggysmom (3 posts)      Sat Sep 29, 2018, 11:19 AM

10. I used to be an adjudicator for Social Security Disability

You would not believe the number of malingerers and scammers that apply, clogging the system for a measly handout. If the doctors see you are able to sustain a relationship with your boyfriend & family, while performing your own activities of daily living, they feel you would be able to perform low stress, unskilled work. I didn’t write the rules, just had to follow them. After 10 years on the job I burnt out and had to leave.

If your meds cause such severe side effects, why are you taking them? I’d find a different doctor or therapist. I have had anxiety and migraines my whole life, but tossed all my meds after becoming a vegan and doing yoga with other lifestyle changes. Sometimes unknown food allergies or sensitivities are the root of health problems. I don’t trust drug companies or the FDA when it comes to prescription meds.

Good luck to you!

Although it seriously injures my pride being on the dole, I'm not shy about telling my own story.

In mid-2016, as I got sicker and weaker, others encouraged me to apply for social security disability; not the one what's welfare (I forget which is which) but the one where one's paid into the system all his working life.

I balked.  Being born deaf, I think I'm more aware than most, of games people play, especially bureaucrats.  In my younger life, I unwittingly allowed myself to be used by them in instances that made them look good but did nothing for me.  So.....about twenty-five years ago, I said "**** you" to bureaucrats.

But these "others" kept pressuring, and so I reluctantly applied. 

Because it was just a game, I fooled around, I didn't keep appointments, I didn't answer most questions, I didn't return letters and telephone calls.

It was just a game, and I resented playing it.

(By the way, mental problems being pretty much nonexistent, were not created or alleged.)

I guess it usually takes six months, but it couldn't have been more than four or five months before one morning, while checking my bank balance on the internet--well, it was a good thing I was wearing brown pants.  Then a couple, three, days later, a letter came in the mail, explaining this rather, uh, massive infusion of funds.

Without any manipulation of "the system" on my part, in less than six months, with little or no cooperation on my part, without an attorney.....approved the first and only time I ever applied.

Maybe the primitives are doing all the wrong things, trying to manipulate "the system." 

Maybe they should just sit back, put up their feet, relax, and get mellow, and let "the system" do its own thing without any help from them.

I don't enjoy it, but I did pay into the system ever since I was fourteen years old.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: disabled primitives bitch and moan
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:15:58 AM »
Frank after spending most of your life working and paying into a system that TOOK YOUR money, then needing financial support from the system that TOOK YOUR money is hardly "being on the dole".
You are one of the people it was meant to help.

I was a manager about four decades ago in a Federal jobs program. The program had about six training programs that were meant to help train people for specific areas.

People would go from one program to the next until they exhausted all the available avenues.

One person, who was cut from the electronics training program because she could not do math, wanted to get on the computer training program which would have been her FOURTH one.

I told her if she could not do math for electronics, she certainly could not learn computers. She appealed to one of the left wing counselors and he agreed to let her into computers.

Now THAT is gaming the system.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »

You would not believe the number of malingerers and scammers that apply, clogging the system for a measly handout.

I'm surprised Ziggysmom didn't get a pizza and this post deleted. For those "malingerers and scammers" the "investment" is minimal, the potential reward great, and the consequences of rejection are zero. So as long as some "malingerers and scammers" get accepted others will keep trying.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 04:14:52 PM »
Astraea (380 posts)     Wed Sep 5, 2018, 10:06 AM

My history applying for SSDI and SSI

Okay, so I have Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar I, severe enough that I cannot work anymore. I know that's already a strike against me because it's an "invisible illness".

First, I applied for SSDI and was denied at each step of the appeals process. They said that since I was helping my physically disabled mother get from her chair to the bathroom that I was capable of working a regular job. It took over two years to go through this whole process. All that time wasted, the despair, the aggravation. It didn't help my mental state one bit.

So now I'm applying for SSI because I don't qualify for SSDI anymore. My mental health has deteriorated to the extent that I can't handle the pressure of taking care of my mother anymore; it causes me too much stress. I can't be at her beck and call anymore. So the rest of my family and my boyfriend have had to step in.

They sent me first to the same psychologist that interviewed me when I first applied. To me, that seems biased and I don't think that's right, but whatever. She behaved in an unprofessional and insulting manner, criticizing my relationship with my boyfriend just because he's older than me. And she never asked about my condition anyhow.

So, denied again. Then sent to a medical doctor. Appealed. Denied. Now I am waiting 16-18 months to see a disability judge!!! What the hell?? Do they really think I would put myself through all this if I really didn't have a problem?

And for what? $750 a month maybe? I'll really be living large, won't I? I can't even work part time jobs. I get so stressed I end up crying in the bathroom, unable to work, or erupting into a rage over the smallest thing. Or becoming suicidal, hurting myself, cutting. I've even gone to the hospital because I was having homicidal thoughts towards my mom and I didn't feel safe being in the house with her.

This whole system is a joke. It's broken and they're just making it harder and harder for disabled people.

Sorry for the rant.

Does anybody else have a similar experience applying for disability?

Reading this s*it burns me up.
THIS asshole right here is the reason I get so pissed off when I see my tax bills.

All I can do is force myself to have faith... "Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
Reading this s*it burns me up.

THIS asshole right here is the reason I get so pissed off when I see my tax bills.

Actually, you would've seen a lot more to make you a lot angrier, years ago, on the old DU, say about 2004-2007.

In the old disability forum, when the primitives were less inhibited, more open and honest, than they are now.

I dunno why the primitives changed, not saying as much as they used to.

I'm sure back then, attorneys specializing in social security claims used to read the disability forum for ideas and information, the primitives were so helpful in offering it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 07:26:39 PM »
My mental health has deteriorated to the extent that I can't handle the pressure of taking care of my mother anymore; it causes me too much stress. I can't be at her beck and call anymore.

But you are still qualified to instruct we the deplorables on how to live, what to think.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:52:21 PM »

You know, sir, since the primitives have such poor luck trying to manipulate the system, I frankly suggest they do as I did.

I suggest the primitives make their application, and then sit back, and if they felt like it, refusing to cooperate, being rude to the interviewers, skipping appointments.

It worked when I did it, remember; they need to give it a try.  Surely it might work for at least some of them.

Of course, I did have one advantage, which I didn't figure out until some months after it was all over; as mentioned, "mental problems" were none of my ailments.  I never claimed to be depressed or bipolar or tripolar or quadpolar.  All my ailments were purely physical ones, ones easy to see, easy to measure, easy to evaluate.  No ambiguity, no uncertainty, no doubt.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 07:51:54 AM »
I would suggest the OP pull a Rachel Dolezal and Astraea will get the benefits lickity split with an apology to boot.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:20:51 AM »

You would not believe the number of malingerers and scammers that apply, clogging the system for a measly handout.

I see that Ziggysmom has seemingly not posted in nearly two months. Whether "she" is in account review limbo, left in disgust/horror, or was a truth-teller-mole, she illustrated one of the great ironies of life. The abuses and crimes of the few impose on the many. If you want an example, just take an airline flight or walk into your county courthouse. Or buy some stuff at Costco.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 01:04:19 PM »
Or becoming suicidal, hurting myself, cutting. I've even gone to the hospital because I was having homicidal thoughts towards my mom and I didn't feel safe being in the house with her.
Yeah...maybe being unsupervised is not a good fit for you. There are institutions that can take care of you until you are no longer a danger to yourself or others.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline dixierose

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 07:14:48 AM »
My BF was a plumber for over 20 yrs. In 2016 his back and knees were so bad that he couldn't work any longer. He went to a couple of doctors & got MRIs on his back, knees, and hips. In March of 2017, I applied for disability for him online. He was approved in June of 2017.

His MRIs proved that he had several issues (bones spurs on most of his vertebrae, both knees had torn ligaments, and he had a torn hamstring). His back was so bad, that when he walked he was crooked (leaning toward one side). Back surgery straitened that up; but he still has issues. A recent MRI on his neck shows bone spurs on most of those vertebrae, but they won't do surgery right now because the spurs are only "pressing" on the radial nerves and not the spinal cord.

There are people out there who actually need and deserve disability payments, & I have no problem with that. Especially when they have paid into the system their entire working life. Then there are others, like the DUmmies, who want to milk the system and believe disability is a way to get "easy money". I believe what most DUmmies call "disability" is actually SSI...I have a hard time believing any of them worked long enough to have paid into the system. I also have a hard time with people who claim "mental stress" as a disability.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 08:54:32 AM »
I believe what most DUmmies call "disability" is actually SSI...I have a hard time believing any of them worked long enough to have paid into the system. I also have a hard time with people who claim "mental stress" as a disability.

Agreed.

And wow, three months for him, before approval.  I suspect the quicker the decision, the more correct the decision.  All's cut-and-dried.

As mentioned, I think I got away with being rude and unresponsive was because nearly all of the proof of my case came from sources other than myself; physicians and surgeons, audiologists, vocational rehabilitation, whatnot.  My case was proven by others, definitely not myself.

However, I recommend that the primitives do what I did.  What they're doing apparently doesn't work a whole lot, so they might as well try something different.  It wouldn't hurt to try; even if it fails, they're no worse off than if they'd kissed ass rather than kicked ass.
apres moi, le deluge