Author Topic: The official I love MLK, Schade is almost at 1k, I have happy beverages Sunday..  (Read 8057 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Ok, I'm back..I've got a puking kid tonight..woohoo... :lmao:

Aww, man...

I can't keep mine at 72ish up here...it would be close to a 300 bill every month if I did :banghead: But I prefer it right around 72-73 if I had my choice. I keep it at 68 mostly...but if I start freezing my tush up it goes up to 70/71.

My gas bill was $70 last month, but I did a lot of baking too.  I'm willing to shell out $70 to keep toasty.  When I'm gone during the day it's 62.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jtyangel

Ok, I'm back..I've got a puking kid tonight..woohoo... :lmao:

Aww, man...

I can't keep mine at 72ish up here...it would be close to a 300 bill every month if I did :banghead: But I prefer it right around 72-73 if I had my choice. I keep it at 68 mostly...but if I start freezing my tush up it goes up to 70/71.

My gas bill was $70 last month, but I did a lot of baking too.  I'm willing to shell out $70 to keep toasty.  When I'm gone during the day it's 62.

My bill was quite a bit less when I was working too...I turned it down to 62 as well and I'd get home before the kids so I would zip it back up to about 65 to start warming it up and then go from there up to 68. A huge part of our bill is the insulation. Our windows are as old as this house and need to be replaced. I know we get some cold air that comes in from there.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
My bill was quite a bit less when I was working too...I turned it down to 62 as well and I'd get home before the kids so I would zip it back up to about 65 to start warming it up and then go from there up to 68. A huge part of our bill is the insulation. Our windows are as old as this house and need to be replaced. I know we get some cold air that comes in from there.

My apartment complex put in new windows and doors last summer.  It makes a HUGE difference. 

I turn my heat off when I leave for work, except for those unfortunate times when I left it on all day long.  :(  I really need a programmable thermostat here, but I don't know if I can get away with installing one.  I suppose I could take it with me when I move out.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

I prefer to keep things cool around here.  68-70 is okay with me, only because I have the best faux fur blanket to snuggle under.   :-)

In fact, I have a window open right now.  I only do it because if the heater is on, I get that crappy smoke smell coming in from my room-mate's room.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:29:27 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline jtyangel

My apartment complex put in new windows and doors last summer.  It makes a HUGE difference. 

I turn my heat off when I leave for work, except for those unfortunate times when I left it on all day long.  :(  I really need a programmable thermostat here, but I don't know if I can get away with installing one.  I suppose I could take it with me when I move out.

I knew it would! Thanks for the reassurance. I can feel the drafts right by the edges so I know what you are saying is true. I can't wait to get our windows done.

PS I hate when I leave the heat on all day too when I'm going somewhere. I could kick myself!

Offline Miss Mia

Oh yeah, my house is old and I need new windows.  Plus my foundation is off, I think once I get that fixed (after I get my income tax money back), that'll help. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jtyangel

Oh yeah, my house is old and I need new windows.  Plus my foundation is off, I think once I get that fixed (after I get my income tax money back), that'll help. 

foundation :banghead: That was the reason for my basement woes thread. We need to put steel pilasters down there most likely to add reinforcement to the walls.  :banghead: I've checked pricing and it will be anywhere from 1500-3000..ugh..this was probably one of my worst nightmares with basements--foundation issues and/or flooding.

Offline Miss Mia

foundation :banghead: That was the reason for my basement woes thread. We need to put steel pilasters down there most likely to add reinforcement to the walls.  :banghead: I've checked pricing and it will be anywhere from 1500-3000..ugh..this was probably one of my worst nightmares with basements--foundation issues and/or flooding.

I have a pier & beam.  I got one quote for $4335 to get it fixed.  That company does 24 months 0%, but I want to give them quite a bit down when they do it, then finance out the rest for 24 months.  When I get closer to getting it done, I'll get some more quotes.
Stink Eye

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator


Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I knew it would! Thanks for the reassurance. I can feel the drafts right by the edges so I know what you are saying is true. I can't wait to get our windows done.

PS I hate when I leave the heat on all day too when I'm going somewhere. I could kick myself!

My old windows were terrible.  If you were within a couple of feet of them, you could feel all the warm air being sucked out of the room.  It was rotten. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Coke and Peas?  :mental:

I know, crazy.
I think you have a bun in the oven.

Unfortunately that is impossible as my husband has been "fixed".

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

I know, crazy.

Oh my...................... :popcorn:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Schadenfreude

I know, crazy.

Oh my...................... :popcorn:

but it doesn't stop him from trying and trying and trying.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Lord Undies

I know, crazy.

You broke him?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"