Author Topic: When there can be no peace, never fear war  (Read 578 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
When there can be no peace, never fear war
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:17:52 PM »
Star Member DonViejo (20,843 posts)

Evangelicals propose truce over LGBTQ rights in hopes of Fairness for All

Source: lgbtqnation

By Dawn Ennis · Friday, December 9, 2016

A Christian news website reveals two religious right organizations have been secretly plotting to make a deal with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender activists in 2017, in hopes of achieving what theyve dubbed Fairness for All.

The compromise approach by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and the National Association of Evangelicals would bring together religious liberty defenders and LGBTQ activists to lay out federal legislation to secure rights for both, according to Christianity Today.

According to the website, leaders have met with more than 200 leaders in 9 cities to discreetly discuss their options going forward, but there is no mention of whether the groups have made any contact with organizations on the other side, like the Human Rights Campaign and the National LGBTQ Task Force. LGBTQNation reached out to both HRC and the Task Force for comment before press time. So why compromise? Christianity Today presented its readers with the findings of a that suggested Americans are evenly split over whos right and whos wrong when it comes to the battle between religious freedom and LGBTQ rights.

For example, the Pew Research Center found this fall that 48 percent of Americans believe that owners of wedding-related businesses should be able to refuse services to same-sex couples if they have religious objections, while 49 percent of Americans believe those owners should be required to serve same-sex couples.

-snip-

Read more: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/12/evangelicals-propose-truce-lgbtq-rights-hopes-fairness/

geomon666 (7,159 posts)

2. I've got a comprise for them.

Go **** yourselves. How's that for a compromise? I'll start a gofundme for some jesus dildos for you.

Raster (15,495 posts)

4. Second that! No one in the GLBTQ communities wanted a war with Christians...

...we just wanted to be able to live our lives the same as anyone. We want to be able to love whom we will. We are good citizens and good people. And now they want to compromise???

"Go **** yourselves. How's that for a compromise? I'll start a gofundme for some jesus dildos for you."

I could not have put it better myself. I AM OVER IT! Tired of small-minded bigots and their small-minded ways!

Too limp-wristed to toss your own wedding pizzas?

dembotoz (10,528 posts)

5. can i have an amen

amen

hamsterjill (7,829 posts)

6. I don't see them proposing any truce on their attack on women's rights.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't be able to trust the intentions.

Which women? The ones who are pregnant or the ones being aborted?

GregGilman (1 post)

7. GLBT equality is not a bargaining chip

Equality for GLBT Americans is the morally right thing to do -- not a pawn in some grotesque "deal".

Additionally, by suggesting their beliefs are up for negotiation they're demonstrating a shockingly shallow moral compass.

GLBT Americans should strongly say NO to nonsense like that.

"morally right thing to do"?

Now who is peddling stories about sky fairies?

YOHABLO (2,967 posts)

8. So when do the LGBT tea dances at the Baptist Church start?

Right after the LGBT groups admit evangelicals.

bitterross (23 posts)

9. They See they are going to lose the battle.

The only reason they are "compromising" is they are afraid they will lose in the courts on this and want to prevent that. They know they will lose something in the courts so they're hedging their bets and trying to get something rather than the nothing they could end up with in the court system.

Obergefell v. Hodges showed them they could and would probably lose in the courts. Go fu*k yourself on a compromise.

You so-called Christians used to justify slavery and segregation on religious grounds. And that wasn't just the fringe view. I WILL NOT COMPROMISE on getting 100% equal rights. Anything less is not a compromise - it's a surrender.

Remind us again about the current composition of the state and federal governments, cupcake.

arithia (196 posts)

11. civil rights aren't a frakin popularity contest

Seriously, who cares about the 48% who want to refuse services?

You cannot refuse service based on someone's race, gender or religion, why are LGTBQ rights the exception? "Religious rights" were used as an excuse to discriminate against people of color for years and this is no frakin different.

Separate is not equal!

As long as humanity continues the broken, fallacious narrative that some people's basic rights are less important than what one version of a mythical sky-god supposedly thinks, we will continue our slow march towards oblivion.

yelekam (4 posts)

13. Interesting

Perhaps this may end up being fruitful

roamer65 (10,213 posts)

18. The religious nuts have too many rights already.

They need to be taken down a few notches...a lot of few.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141635866
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: When there can be no peace, never fear war
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »
The left always wants special rights,never equal ones.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »
IMHO, the lgbtq and trannys gestapo is why Trump won. They couldn't take a win, they had to shove it down our throats. We had to be made to care.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »
Where do they come up with this shit?   :thatsright:

roamer65 (10,213 posts)

18. The religious nuts have too many rights already.

They need to be taken down a few notches...a lot of few.

LOL .............  Oh, an English Major.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx