Author Topic: Trump’s election stole my desire to look for a partner  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Trump’s election stole my desire to look for a partner
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
OK, which DUmmy is this?  And apologies if this was already posted elsewhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/soloish/wp/2016/12/05/trumps-election-stole-my-desire-to-look-for-a-partner/

In August, I went on six dates in one week. I had decided that I was ready to look for a partner. Enough of this dating unavailable men a half-decade younger than me. They’d never seriously consider a relationship with me, my two children and our needy dog. No. I wanted to find an equal. A man who wouldn’t feel the need to step in and rescue me. I didn’t need rescuing.

-snip-

But two weeks later, the election happened. Once it was clear that Donald Trump would be president instead of Hillary Clinton, I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to gather my children in bed with me and cling to them like we would if thunder and lightning were raging outside, with winds high enough that they power might go out. The world felt that precarious to me.

-snip-

I’ve lost the desire to attempt the courtship phase. The future is uncertain. I am not the optimistic person I was on the morning of Nov. 8, wearing a T-shirt with “Nasty Woman” written inside a red heart. It makes me want to cry thinking of that. Of seeing my oldest in the shirt I bought her in Washington, D.C., that says “Future President.”

There is no room for dating in this place of grief. Dating means hope. I’ve lost that hope in seeing the words “President-elect Trump.”

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
Re: Trump’s election stole my desire to look for a partner
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
That story just warms my heart.  Cry those sweet sweet tears Dummie
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
Of seeing my oldest in the shirt I bought her in Washington, D.C., that says “Future President.”
See if you can exchange it for one that says "Future Sammich Maker".    :tongue:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:42 AM »
Who on Earth would want to date a "nasty woman" who throws up a lot and sleeps with her own children?!...

:???:
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:34:06 AM »
God bless Donald Trump, worker of miracles.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 09:34:26 AM »
Since Nov 9th I've realized how pervasive severe mental illness has become.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 09:37:12 AM »
Who knows how many men just dodged a bullet.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 09:38:29 AM »
Thank you, Donald Trump, for saving some poor bastard from a fate worse than death.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »
See if you can exchange it for one that says "Future Sammich Maker".    :tongue:

H5!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
Who knows how many men just dodged a bullet.

She lives in Montana. Not many skinny jeans wearing, latte' sucking girlie-men to be found outside of Bozeman.

Colorado would be more to her liking. Maybe she'd be happier if she moved to Boulder. Lots of estro-men in Boulder.  Or maybe Ol' Bob would take her in down in Westminster.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »
Maybe we will get lucky and this DUmmie won't breed again.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 10:58:27 AM »
This was so stupid that "The Onion" would refuse it. But TDS has lowered the WashPost's standards below even what they would be for a generic R Presidency.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
Who on Earth would want to date a "nasty woman" who throws up a lot and sleeps with her own children?!...

:???:
Anthony Wiener?  :fuelfire:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
What is her DU name?
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »
Maybe we will get lucky and this DUmmie won't breed again.

She looks nice in her pic, but she probably suffers from (or enjoys) utero-cerebral inversion.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »
I checked her out. What a ****ing mess! More likely she already screwed all the moonbats in Missoula, and can't find a guy to listen to her social justice bullshit.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline CC27

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 11:26:28 AM »
Stevenumbers would be perfect for her!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »
She looks nice in her pic, but she probably suffers from (or enjoys) utero-cerebral inversion.
The image from the article is a stock photo. I think this is her:

https://stepville.com
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »
The image from the article is a stock photo. I think this is her:

https://stepville.com

Eh, I've done worse.

But, I told them my name was Frank Solich and was outta there before sunrise.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »
There is no room for dating in this place of grief. Dating means hope. I’ve lost that hope in seeing the words “President-elect Trump.”

Most excellent.  I believe it's now time to implement Phase II, which is to squelch their compulsion for oxygen

Deplorable since 2016

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
Trump's election is also causing women to drastically change their hairstyles as a way of coping.

The Post-Trump Haircut
By Heidi Mitchell
For the past 20 years, Julianna Evans, the director of marketing for the Lumberyard, a contemporary performing-arts company based in New York City, has had the same flowing brown locks. Her stylist in her hometown of Washington, D.C., has been trimming her hair every 12 months for as long as she can remember, and always colors it the same medium-brown shade. Then came the November 8 election upset, and Evans fell into a downward spiral. “I cried for three days,” the Atlanta native, 45, recalls. “I felt like it was the worst thing, politically, that ever happened in my lifetime. It was catastrophic.” By Friday she noticed grays growing in, so she put on her big-girl panties and dragged herself to the drugstore. “Literally without thinking, I grabbed the Natural Black box by Garnier,” she says. “I was like, f** it! The election deadened my soul. I think I wanted to do something defiant to feel stronger.”

That sense of malaise is spreading across D.C. As women stare up at that glass ceiling still hanging over them and contend with a *****-grabbing kleptocrat moving into the nearby White House, they are collectively — however subconsciously — making their own statements of rebellion by challenging traditional notions of beauty. Just ask any hairstylist in the Beltway.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/women-make-dramatic-beauty-moves-after-trumps-victory.html

Who knew that Trump would be making America great for Hair stylists?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 12:38:30 PM »
Eh, I've done worse.  So have I, in my youth . . .

But, I told them my name was Frank Solich and was outta there before sunrise.  Leave a S/K 18" adjustable wrench behind, did we? :whistling: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »
Wow, if you had told me a leftist had used the words "Trump","election", and "stole" in the same sentence, I never would have predicted this.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »
A quick reminder for anyone thinking about going there, make sure your up to date on your cooties vaccinations!
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Nobody Expects

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 02:54:35 PM »
 She should give me a call....I'll hook her up with one of the Hairy Legged Earth Mamas that infest my area. She'd likely be happier in a carpet-cleaning type relationship anyways...
Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! ...Oh, damn ...Um, I'll come in again.