Author Topic: Jippers: Pipeline protesters upset they can't buy petroleum products  (Read 1001 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
PiedPiper    (639 posts)

Ace Hardware refusing to sell propane to Standing Rock H2O protectors in blizzar

Ace Hardware refusing to sell propane to Standing Rock water protectors in blizzard

STANDING ROCK, North Dakota — Ace Hardware said today that it would not sell propane in the region of the Standing Rock water protectors, where blizzard conditions are placing lives at risk.
“There is not enough wood in camp,” Kevin Gilbertt said, pointing out that it is too cold to go out, and too difficult to get enough wood for heat in camp. Gilbertt urged a boycott of Ace Hardware.
 Ace Hardware said it will not sell “incendiary” products in the vicinity of Standing Rock pipeline.
 The company said, “Ace Hardware stores in the vicinity of recent pipeline protests in North Dakota have been requested by law enforcement officials to refrain from selling materials that could be used as incendiary devices.” Ace Hardware released the statement: http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2016/11/ace-hardware-refusing-to-sell-propane.html
 The refusal to sell propane to thousands of Native Americans and their allies, now camped in blizzard conditions, who are defending the Missouri River and burial places from Dakota Access Pipeline, is the latest in a campaign of total disregard for human life by North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple and Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier.
 Standing Rock victims of violence have filed a federal lawsuit over police brutality and excessive force. One Lakota girl is now at risk of losing her eye.
 A young woman from New York has a shattered arm after being hit with a police projectile. Doctors are now trying to save her arm. Others were shot in the face and head with rubber bullets, and hundreds became ill after being sprayed with fire hoses and mace during freezing temperatures at night on Nov. 20.

more –

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/brenda-norrell/2016/12/ace-hardware-refusing-sell-propane-standing-rock-water-protectors-bl

Video –  http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2016/11/ace-hardware-refusing-to-sell-propane.html

Satan     (670 posts)

2. Ace is the place

…for the racist hardware klan

PennLawyer     (1351 posts)

3. Call your local store(s) to protest; spread this on FB/Twitter

Here’s a link to (1) find your local ACE store to call and complain and

(2)  the link starts out with ads for 8 major brands carried by ACE so you can call them and register a complaint with them as well.  Five of the 8 featured suppliers are companies whose products I regularly use.They’ll each be hearing from me today.

Please do this.  Believe me – if a company like Black and Decker gets even a few dozen phone calls, they will pay attention.

Point out that there are representatives of many religious faiths, as well as 2,000 military vets from all services and wars  PEACEFULLY demonstrating at Black Rock, and denying them a source of heat is a vicious thing to do.  Ace Hardware, by participating in this, is taking a political position which will offend many of their customers.

Then, and this is important any time you make a complaint, don’t just bitch at some poor schmoe who takes your phone call.  YOU HAVE TO TELL THEM WHAT EXACT ACTION YOU ARE REQUESTING THEM TO TAKE.  YOU ARE REQUESTING THEY CONTACT ACE HARDWARE AND TELL THEM TO SELL THOSE PROPANE TANKS TO ANY CUSTOMER WHO REQUESTS THEM.

AND WHEN YOU TALK TO ANYONE AT YOUR LOCAL ACE HARDWARE STORE, TELL THEM THAT A LAWYER OF YOUR ACQUAINTANCE (THAT WOULD BE ME) SUGGESTS THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO REFUSE TO SELL A PRODUCT TO A WHOLE GEOGRAPHIC AREA AT THE REQUEST OF SOME LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND THEIR COMPANY WILL VERY LIKELY GET SUED, ALONG WITH A LOT OF NEGATIVE PUBLICITY.

http://www.acehardware.com/shopbyBrand/index.jsp

I have regretted being unable, because of distance and my advanced age, to travel to Standing Rock.  I’m sure many of you are in the same situation.  Well here is where we can take action from our own homes.  Grab those phones and start dialing.

On Edit:  In your phone calls, you could include Davidthegnome’s comment below:

An “incendiary product” implies that the protesters have been violent and/or dangerous or are somehow a threat. There is absolutely no indication that this is true.

davidthegnome     (555 posts)     (Reply to original post)    November 30, 2016 at 11:44 pm

4. Never buying a damn thing from Ace again.

I will also make sure that no one in my family does.  This is such bull shit.  I used to sell propane to people every day at a convenience store/gas station – many of them probably had no clue what the hell they were doing with it.  An “an incendiary product” implies that the protesters have been violent and/or dangerous or are somehow a threat.  There is absolutely no indication that this is true.

Since when does the subsidized housing set require hardware supplies?

9. Reporter who broke this story is nonMSM, but has massive credibility.

About Brenda Norrell
Biography: Brenda Norrell has been a news reporter in Indian country for 34 years. She is publisher of Censored News, focusing on Indigenous Peoples, human rights and the US border. Censored News was created after Norrell was censored, then terminated, by Indian Country Today after serving as a longtime staff reporter. Now censored by the mainstream media, she previously was a staff reporter at numerous American Indian newspapers and a stringer for AP, USA Today and others. She lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, and then traveled with the Zapatistas. She covered the climate summits in Cochabamba, Bolivia, and Cancun, Mexico, in 2010.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/brenda-norrell/2016/12/ace-hardware-refusing-sell-propane-standing-rock-water-protectors-bl

RadicleFantast     (615 posts)     (Reply to original post)    December 1, 2016 at 1:03 am

10. Ace Corporate Media Relations quickly responds

Ace Hardware statement on North Dakota protest and product sales

But “to follow all laws in each respective community” is a loophole wide enough for an army of commando wannabes to march through.

12. No "laws" ban sale of a legal product unless legislatures pass them.

it is our policy to serve all customers without discrimination and to follow all laws in each respective community.

Some power drunk local and/or state police officers/commanders do NOT arbitrarily get to declare “the law”.  While governors of a state can declare  emergencies, and often have, I feel safe to say that such declarations have never included a ban on the sale of a legal product.  If whatever PR hacks at Ace wrote up the public statement would consult their legal department (if they have one in house) or whatever outside counsel they retain, they would quickly learn this.

You know what else is the law?

They aren't required to sell to people or support political causes if they do not want to.

Until you learn people are allowed to opt-out of your idiocy the beatings will continue.

http://www.jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/ace-hardware-refusing-to-sell-propane-to-standing-rock-h2o-protectors-in-blizzar/
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Jippers: Pipeline protesters upset they can't buy petroleum products
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:14:11 AM »
I get a kick out of people that spend 50 bucks a year in a store and believe they are the one that keeps the door open.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:53 AM »
Blah blah ... A young woman from New York has a shattered arm after being hit with a police projectile. Doctors are now trying to save her arm. ... Blah blah.

I'm no expert, but this sounds like unadulterated horseshit. I don't think rubber bullets or bean bags have the energy - mass or velocity - to break some one's arm, let alone "shatter" it. If a woman has a broken arm, the cause was very likely something very different, and the "protesters" should get her the Hades out of there and to somewhere where she can get proper medical attention.

As for the propane, play stupid games - trespassing and vandalism - win stupid prizes. If the "protesters" didn't plan for cold weather and for the public refusing to rise in support of them, that's their problem. Both were predictable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
Those protesters are killing TREES to burn their WOOD and pollute the Air?! Somebody needs to PROTEST against them!...

:)
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
Those protesters are killing TREES to burn their WOOD and pollute the Air?! Somebody needs to PROTEST against them!...

More like: They're fighting to preserve native culture but are relying on white, western civilization to not die...and burning fossil fuels to do it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 01:02:49 PM »
I'm no expert, but this sounds like unadulterated horseshit. I don't think rubber bullets or bean bags have the energy - mass or velocity - to break some one's arm, let alone "shatter" it. If a woman has a broken arm, the cause was very likely something very different, and the "protesters" should get her the Hades out of there and to somewhere where she can get proper medical attention.

As for the propane, play stupid games - trespassing and vandalism - win stupid prizes. If the "protesters" didn't plan for cold weather and for the public refusing to rise in support of them, that's their problem. Both were predictable.

It depends on the distance from muzzle of the weapon firing the projectile. Rubber bullets can kill, if less than 6 feet away. So a broken limb could be possible.   

On the other hand, the oxygen-thieves who are doing this are knowingly causing issues, so they deserve what they get. The only other thing I have to say is 'what's their DU names?'
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »
Here's a thought...aerial water bombing....it's not just for fires

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »

I believe this relates to the claim that a police flash-bang concussion grenade went off when it hit her arm, resulting in extreme damage.  The police/guards denied using any of them on the day, I don't know if that was supported or debunked by any film as the story has been dropped from MSM coverage and the 'Alt media' is hopelessly partisan one way or the other.  The story smells to me, because the things are not designed to go off on contact and aren't normally thrown right at people, but bowled along the ground with a long enough delay to let people dodge them.  In the lack of other info, I tend to suspect that whatever went off was something she or her little friends brought to the party.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Jippers: Pipeline protesters upset they can't buy petroleum products
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »
So, if I may pose what may be a stupid question, how did the northern plains Indians survive without propane centuries and centuries ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 06:18:46 PM »
I believe this relates to the claim that a police flash-bang concussion grenade went off when it hit her arm, resulting in extreme damage.  The police/guards denied using any of them on the day, I don't know if that was supported or debunked by any film as the story has been dropped from MSM coverage and the 'Alt media' is hopelessly partisan one way or the other.  The story smells to me, because the things are not designed to go off on contact and aren't normally thrown right at people, but bowled along the ground with a long enough delay to let people dodge them.  In the lack of other info, I tend to suspect that whatever went off was something she or her little friends brought to the party.

I won't say their claim could not be true. But given Lib/Prog/Enviro activists' penchant for lying "for the cause", I doubt it a priori. The injury sounds more like she fell from some moderate height and landed on her outstretched arm. Or maybe the Lib/Prog/Enviro activists were improvising something explosive and/or incendiary and had an accident.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 10:04:13 PM »
So, if I may pose what may be a stupid question, how did the northern plains Indians survive without propane centuries and centuries ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo chips!...
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 10:07:11 PM »
I've had an account at our local ACE for over 30 years, back before it joined the ACE cooperative (that's right mr. smarty lawyer, each store is locally owned, ****ing idiot). I spend thousands there every year, sometimes tens when remodeling a rental(s).  Our store is the biggest in sales for the last few years. I will be calling the manager there to let him know I greatly approve of that store owner(s) stand on propane sales to filthy hippies. I know he will get a laugh and if he is there next time i'm in joke with me about it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.