Author Topic: My children went through a lot to vote for Bernie today. A Bouncy  (Read 1602 times)

Offline CC27

Tue Apr 19, 2016, 04:00 PM
HockeyMom (13,396 posts)

My children went through a lot to vote for Bernie today

Millennial daughter brought both her Newborn and Toddler sons to the polls this morning. Her Millennial husband got up extra early to vote before driving to NYC to work from Long Island.

My Gen X daughter also voted before getting on the LIRR in Suffolk county to go for (more) tests in Queens for a NYC 911 Operator. Her wife also got up early to vote before going to work.

I think people vastly underestimate Bernie and the lengths his supporters will go through to vote for him.

WTH does it matter what generation they are? Plus your one daughter is a lesbo? This is all BS.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1280179226

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: My children went through a lot to vote for Bernie today. A Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:18:15 PM »
Is there no early voting in New York?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »
WTH does it matter what generation they are? Plus your one daughter is a lesbo? This is all BS.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1280179226

Apparently is also the man in that relationship.
Mental illness runs in the family I guess.  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
Oh, a big ****ing boo-hoo-hoo.

I've never had to go through the ordeal many of those in the Sandhills of Nebraska have, and I'm sure that duch508 here can back me up--there's people out here who spend all day getting to the polls and getting back home.  Not just a half-hour commute somewhere, and then after voting, another half-hour commute back home.

I mean they spend all day long getting to the polls.

Lately, people have been getting lazy and resorted to absentee voting, but there's still many hardy souls out there who wish to demonstrate their commitment to their right to vote.

Cherry County in Nebraska is larger than the state of Connecticut.  It's so big it's even got two time zones.  dutch508's vast cattle barony is located there.  (franksolich is on the eastern slope of the Sandhills; this is the western slope, the other side, I'm talking about.)

The county used to be allowed to set up polling places on a geographical, rather than population, basis.  The county had about eight precincts, scattered all over on an equal basis.  The precinct in the county seat had the most voters, about 1,500.  Five or six of the other precincts had, maybe, five or six voters.

But everybody in the county had an equal opportunity to get to a place to vote.

Then the state legislature many years ago decreed that balloting places had to be set up based upon population, not geography.  So.....in this Connecticut-sized county, that meant all eight precincts (or however many there were) were located in, or around, the county seat.

dutch508 doesn't have it that bad, being resident of the second-largest city (132, I think) in the county and reasonably close to the county seat, but residents on the fringes of the county have to drive up to a couple hundred miles to get to a polling place.

And they do--through raging blizzards, massive floods, high winds, Sahara-like temperatures, hail as big as baseballs, sub-zero weather that makes Antarctica seem like Cocoa Beach, Florida, clusters of big nasty rattlesnakes, tornadoes popping out like popcorn--the usual standard customary Nebraska weather and other hazards.

Nothing, but nothing, stops these people from voting. 

And one doesn't need to guess very hard, how they vote.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
DUmmies just don't know how to write a good bouncy anymore.

They could have made it a lot more interesting by making the Gen X daughter ride the Seattle SLUT instead of the Suffolk LIRR.

Move a couple of dates and states around, and you could have made it that much better.  It's all about attention to the details, DUmmies. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 04:23:24 PM »
 ::) Getting up half or a full hour early to vote before going to a job interview is going "through a lot to vote"? ::) Taking a toddler and a newborn to the polling place is going "through a lot to vote"? ::)

Were they given participation trophies for all the trouble they went through?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »
Tue Apr 19, 2016, 04:00 PM
HockeyMom (13,396 posts)

Millennial daughter brought both her Newborn and Toddler sons to the polls this morning. Her Millennial husband got up extra early to vote before driving to NYC to work from Long Island.

My Gen X daughter also voted before getting on the LIRR in Suffolk county to go for (more) tests in Queens for a NYC 911 Operator <potential work?>. Her wife also got up early to vote before going to work.

I think people vastly underestimate Bernie and the lengths his supporters will go through to vote for him.

I find it hard to believe that a "trigger word" like "work" is used so many times in such a few sentences.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
Virtue signalling to the other, less moral DUmmies that not only does she have offspring that span generations, one of her daughters also has a 'wife.'

All in the PC Family.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
Cherry County has a total area of 6,009 square miles, of which 5,960 square miles is land and 49 square miles (0.8%) is water.

My family settled out here in 1886, having first came out in 1872 but a year of bad crops sent them home to Iowa before they had another go. Why they settled here I have no idea. It was about the same weather as is now- harsh- and even further to anything than it is now.

Cherry county was named after a LT Samuel A. Cherry of the US Army. In 1881, while based at Fort Niobrara, Nebraska, Cherry was killed by a drunken soldier. In 1883, his name was given to the newly organized Cherry County, Nebraska, which included Ft. Niobrara.

The site of Fort Niobrara was selected by General George Crook in 1879 and the fort was occupied and constructed in 1880. The Fort was sited on the south bank Niobrara River, for which it was named, at a location several miles east of present-day Valentine, Nebraska.

The Spade Ranch is a large cattle ranch located in the Sandhills of western Nebraska between the towns of Gordon and Ellsworth. Founded in 1888 by Bartlett Richards, the ranch was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
A beef ranching operation in the Nebraska Sandhills, the Spade Ranch, encompasses land in both Sheridan and Cherry Counties. Founders Bartlett Richards and William Comstock successfully managed the ranch into the early twentieth century. At its peak size in 1905 with open range grazing and ready markets for cattle, the Spade, encompassed over 500,000 acres (200,000 ha) with a herd of 60,000 cattle.

Our little slice of heaven isn't near this big anymore, having been divided up by the various family branches several times since my G-G-G-Grandfather Henry settled out here.

Interestingly enough- my Grandfather met his wife in Hyannis, NE. Hyannis was laid out in 1888 when the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad was extended to that point. It was named after the town of Hyannis, Massachusetts by a railroad official.
Although I don't know for sure I suspect he was driving cattle out of the ranch and down to the rail-heads to ship east.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:06:58 PM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 05:43:06 PM »
Virtue signalling to the other, less moral DUmmies that not only does she have offspring that span generations, one of her daughters also has a 'wife.'

All in the PC Family.

the big question here is, since daughter has a wife, which bathroom does the "husband" use?

THAT is the important question in all this.

Liberals.
Disgust.
Me.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »

Yeah, God's country, where there's plenty of elbow room for everybody.

The primitives long for the life that's lived out here.....until they find out it's hard work to live the good life.  Then they slink back into their crumbling urban tenements.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 06:40:36 PM »

stock image, but that's home.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »

Never mind what the arrows mean; people who need to know, know.

^^^the Dismal River, where franksolich oftentimes swam as an adolescent; it wasn’t a popular place for swimming, as it was infested with rattlesnakes.

<<<never saw a rattlesnake myself, though.

^^^the highway to dutch508’s cattle barony.

^^^a couple of tucked-away corners of dutch508’s cattle barony.

^^^the late red round one’s Nemesis west of dutch508’s cattle barony.

^^^the late red round one’s Nemesis back on his own home grounds.

^^^usually the summer weather around franksolich’s place.

^^^all hail the pioneers, who took this land (circa 1880-1910).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »
Cherry County has a total area of 6,009 square miles, of which 5,960 square miles is land and 49 square miles (0.8%) is water.

My family settled out here in 1886, having first came out in 1872 but a year of bad crops sent them home to Iowa before they had another go. Why they settled here I have no idea. It was about the same weather as is now- harsh- and even further to anything than it is now.

Cherry county was named after a LT Samuel A. Cherry of the US Army. In 1881, while based at Fort Niobrara, Nebraska, Cherry was killed by a drunken soldier. In 1883, his name was given to the newly organized Cherry County, Nebraska, which included Ft. Niobrara.

The site of Fort Niobrara was selected by General George Crook in 1879 and the fort was occupied and constructed in 1880. The Fort was sited on the south bank Niobrara River, for which it was named, at a location several miles east of present-day Valentine, Nebraska.

The Spade Ranch is a large cattle ranch located in the Sandhills of western Nebraska between the towns of Gordon and Ellsworth. Founded in 1888 by Bartlett Richards, the ranch was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
A beef ranching operation in the Nebraska Sandhills, the Spade Ranch, encompasses land in both Sheridan and Cherry Counties. Founders Bartlett Richards and William Comstock successfully managed the ranch into the early twentieth century. At its peak size in 1905 with open range grazing and ready markets for cattle, the Spade, encompassed over 500,000 acres (200,000 ha) with a herd of 60,000 cattle.

Our little slice of heaven isn't near this big anymore, having been divided up by the various family branches several times since my G-G-G-Grandfather Henry settled out here.

Interestingly enough- my Grandfather met his wife in Hyannis, NE. Hyannis was laid out in 1888 when the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad was extended to that point. It was named after the town of Hyannis, Massachusetts by a railroad official.
Although I don't know for sure I suspect he was driving cattle out of the ranch and down to the rail-heads to ship east.

You raise beef out there on your place, Dutch? 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 07:47:02 PM »

That is some pretty land there, Dutch.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »
That is some pretty land there, Dutch.

Uh, no, that's the Dismal River, my river.

dutch508's located near the top of the Sandhills, alongside the world-famous scenic Niobrara River, which is popular because it's easy to get there.

Personally, I think my current river, the Elkhorn River, is much more scenic, but apparently most people don't, as they go to dutch508's river instead, when given the choice.

The Dismal River's located way down near the bottom of the Sandhills, where I spent my childhood and adolescence.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
Uh, no, that's the Dismal River, my river.

dutch508's located near the top of the Sandhills, alongside the world-famous scenic Niobrara River, which is popular because it's easy to get there.

Personally, I think my current river, the Elkhorn River, is much more scenic, but apparently most people don't, as they go to dutch508's river instead, when given the choice.

The Dismal River's located way down near the bottom of the Sandhills, where I spent my childhood and adolescence.

Oops. My bad frank.  Still some pretty land.  :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 01:34:31 AM »
Her wife also got up early to vote before going to work.

DUmmy HockeyMom's purpose had nothing to do with Crazy Bernie.

He was only an excuse to post this sentence, to build her DUmp cred.

Democrats admire perversion.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 04:43:21 AM »
Polls didn't open till 9:00 in my county and I think it was later in NYC
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 04:54:40 AM »
The State Comptroller might investigate why 125,000 names were purged off of the rolls in Brooklyn.  Our polling places in my town didn't open until noon.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 05:11:23 AM »
The State Comptroller might investigate why 125,000 names were purged off of the rolls in Brooklyn.  Our polling places in my town didn't open until noon.

You know, this is ridiculous.

It's true that New York has millions upon millions of people.

It's equally true however that New York's been a state for a very long time, and has held elections for a very long time.  They should have things down pat by now, about how to run an election.

I'm suspecting the usual culprits; I'm sure the Democrat machines in New York somewhere along the line have been trying to manipulate results, and things got messed up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline hillneck

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 07:25:49 AM »
HockeyMom (13,396 posts)

So!  You have just admitted to the world that you have raised dumb kids.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.