Author Topic: The Supreme Court has moved way too far to the right. Kentuck  (Read 642 times)

Online CC27

kentuck (75,332 posts)

The Supreme Court has moved way too far to the right.

That is why we need a nominee that will bring the Court back to some semblance of balance.

It started its rightward drift with the nomination of Antonin Scalia during the Reagan Administration. He was the most partisan Justice in my lifetime, in my opinion. He moved the Court to the far right with many of his decisions. They were harmful to our nation and our political system.

Ideally, we want a court that is "balanced". In order to balance the present Court, we may need a very "liberal" Justice?

We do not need a Justice that will vote with the present conservatives on the Court. We need to over-ride many of the decisions of this Court.

In my opinion, this is how we should view any Supreme Court nominees.

Balanced my ass. Look in the mirror DUmmie.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027689079

Online 67 Rover

Re: The Supreme Court has moved way too far to the right. Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:29 PM »
kentuck (75,332 posts)

The Supreme Court has moved way too far to the right.

That is why we need a nominee that will bring the Court back to some semblance of balance.

It started its rightward drift with the nomination of Antonin Scalia during the Reagan Administration. He was the most partisan Justice in my lifetime, in my opinion. He moved the Court to the far right with many of his decisions. They were harmful to our nation and our political system.

Ideally, we want a court that is "balanced". In order to balance the present Court, we may need a very "liberal" Justice?

We do not need a Justice that will vote with the present conservatives on the Court. We need to over-ride many of the decisions of this Court.

In my opinion, this is how we should view any Supreme Court nominees.

Roe vs. Wade? Lawrence vs. Texas?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 02:52:01 PM »
Roe vs. Wade? Lawrence vs. Texas?

Odumbocare.  :banghead:

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »
Balanced my ass. Look in the mirror DUmmie.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027689079

Drifted to the right my ass. Roberts was supposed to be conservative, yet twice has upheld your dream of obamacare.

He was bribed or blackmailed. Either way, this court is to the left of center, period, end of statement.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »
I've always wondered how it must be, living in a world where black is white and white is black, cold is hot and hot is cold, wet is dry and dry is wet, &c., &c., &c.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »
I've always wondered how it must be, living in a world where black is white and white is black, cold is hot and hot is cold, wet is dry and dry is wet, &c., &c., &c.

The problem, franksolich, is that the U.S. has been moving left, left and lefter including the Supreme Court and the Republicans for years. Now, any stop in that movement left is considered a jerk to the right, whether or not that jerk exists.

Just wait until they actually move right, which will still be far to the left of what right is, and all hell will break loose.

"What do you mean a grown man who considers himself female can't undress in a room full of teen girls? Republicans are fascists who deny human rights.", and so on.

Sometimes I really fear for the world my grandkids will grow up in.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 03:15:49 PM »
It's been a while, so in case anybody's forgotten:

comment 2840:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81827.2825
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 06:42:31 PM »
Yes, kentuck, while you were licking your windows last summer that far right Supreme Court you dream of did this:

...among other things already mentioned in this thread.

Outside of "Bernie Sanders is electable", "Far right Supreme Court" may be the most laughable claim of last century,

Deplorable since 2016

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »
Anything right of Stalin would be "too far to the right" for this clown.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 08:31:51 PM »
The problem, franksolich, is that the U.S. has been moving left, left and lefter including the Supreme Court and the Republicans for years. Now, any stop in that movement left is considered a jerk to the right, whether or not that jerk exists.

Just wait until they actually move right, which will still be far to the left of what right is, and all hell will break loose.

Very true.

Sometimes I really fear for the world my grandkids will grow up in.

Yep.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »

comment 2840:

Good.  Another year closer to death.  Gee, and a picture with a Jefferson Davis Memorial sign.....

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »

comment 2840:

Good Lord, what a sour face!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 09:12:32 PM »
If you think everything is too far right, you are leftist.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du