Author Topic: primitives suggest going door-to-door confiscating firearms  (Read 1836 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: primitives suggest going door-to-door confiscating firearms
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
Please, (D)Ummies.  PLEASE do this.

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:02 PM
Star Member Retard said Fred (17,491 posts)
1. Australia had the solution. A proven solution. Ban the guns, pass a law, amend the constitution.

Tell that to the two shot, yes MASS KILLING!!!111!!!! just yesterday down under, you retarded dink

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:54 PM
Star Member Retard said Fred (17,491 posts)
70. Non-sequitur.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Now, define that term, paint chip eater.   :rotf: :rotf:  :bird:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:58:24 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 06:48:33 PM »
I'm kinda hoping some DU-folk volunteer for the confiscation duty. Especially in rural areas. Just don't warn them about what to do when they hear banjo music.

Not to burst your bubble there SVPete, but they'd probably look forward to it had have an extra bottle of lube to boot.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 04:59:25 AM »
Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:02 PM
Star Member Fred Sanders (17,491 posts)
1. Australia had the solution. A proven solution.

Is it?

There was a large gun buyback in 1996 and 1997 that reduced gun ownership from 3.2 to 2.2 million guns.  But immediately after that gun ownership increased dramatically and is essentially back to where it was before the buyback. Why is that important?  Well, if it is the number of guns that is important, you should initially see a large drop in suicides or crimes and then see it increasing.  Yet, in none of these data series do you observe that pattern.

For example, homicides didn't fall until eight years after the laws.  It is not clear what theory they have for why the long delay would occur.  Nor can I even find an acknowledgment of that long lag in the cited literature.   A more natural explanation for the drop at the eight year point would be the substantial increases in police forces that occurred at that time.

Crime can change for lots of reasons besides changes in gun control laws.  One way to get a handle on this is to see how Australian homicides are changing relative to other crime rates.  A single continuous crime data series isn't available, but the two diagrams below show how homicides is falling almost continuously as a fraction of violent crime.  If anything, the drop in homicides relative to overall violent crime was biggest in the 1970s. 

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2012/08/some-notes-on-claims-about-australias.html

So much for the DUmmies whole meme about "let's be like Australia" when it comes to guns.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 03:13:51 PM »
Libs think because Australia is half a world away that they can lie about it and get away scott free.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »
That was pretty hilarious.  What a perfect job for lonepirate, going door to door stealing everyone's guns!  I've seen his picture.  He's as wispy as a dandelion going to seed.  I imagine he's going to make my top 10 list. 

Also, here's this dumb bitch:

Response to GGJohn (Reply #30)

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:30 PM

Cleita (74,503 posts)
38. Obama needs to sign an executive order tonight declaring a moratorium on the sales of all guns

and ammo until such a convention happens and gun laws for the safety of American citizens and especially children are hammered into place. It's the only way it will happen when the politicians get a fire lit under them.
Response to Cleita (Reply #38)

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:35 PM

GGJohn (6,485 posts)
45. Pres. Obama has no such authority to do so.

EO's only apply to the Executive branch of the govt, not the legislative, nor the judicial branch.
That's civics 101.
Reply to this post

Response to GGJohn (Reply #45)

Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:46 PM

Cleita (74,503 posts)
58. I think there is authority out there. It will take clever lawyers to find it, but Georgie Bush sure

found ways of executive ordering our rights away. If there is a will, there is a way.

Back to this idiot:

LonePirate (2,400 posts)
48. Easily 30% support [repeal of 2A] nowadays and increasing with each passing day. Just a matter of time.

LonePirate (2,400 posts)
60. Yes, with the right combo of penalties/jail for offenders and incentives for informants

Large numbers of illegal handguns will also be turned over or confiscated over time.

He loves to make stuff up and convince himself it's a fact.  It's a dangerous way to live. 

Vinca (24,810 posts)
204. Then let's go door to door and collect all the guns.

Everyone who wants theirs back will have to pass an FBI background check, mental health testing and provide proof of insurance in case said weapon does harm in either their hand or another's.

OK, let's!  You first. 

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 01:32:14 PM »
Vinca (24,810 posts)
204. Then let's go door to door and collect all the guns.

Everyone who wants theirs back will have to pass an FBI background check, mental health testing and provide proof of insurance in case said weapon does harm in either their hand or another's.

They don't really mean "let's" as in themselves. "Let's" means getting LEO and the military to do the job they want done, but aren't willing to do themselves, because, like, maybe, they'd get shot.

Amazing. They want guns collected, but want people with guns to go get them. These people aren't anti-gun, they're ok with guns in the hands of law enforcement and the military, they just don't like private citizens to have them.

Liberals disgust me.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »
...with lead projectiles.

Always an appropriate phrase when discussing firearm confiscation.

I was going to say that the door-to-door gun confiscators will collect bullets well in advance of guns.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »
They don't really mean "let's" as in themselves. "Let's" means getting LEO and the military to do the job they want done, but aren't willing to do themselves, because, like, maybe, they'd get shot.

Amazing. They want guns collected, but want people with guns to go get them. These people aren't anti-gun, they're ok with guns in the hands of law enforcement and the military, they just don't like private citizens to have them.

Liberals disgust me.

In all but a few places I imagine they'll be hard pressed to find these people who will willingly do it. Most cops and soldiers I know like guns.

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »
In all but a few places I imagine they'll be hard pressed to find these people who will willingly do it. Most cops and soldiers I know like guns.

Agreed. LEO and the military have families too.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
Thu Oct 1, 2015, 11:24 PM
Star Member PowerToThePeople (7,200 posts)
165. I will do it, if the laws are passed

Deputize me, I am more than willing,

Seems pretty appropriate.

:badass: