Author Topic: I feel like a ****ing criminal  (Read 3393 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: I feel like a ****ing criminal
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 12:26:52 AM »
I live in PA but work in NJ. PA is a gun friendly state, NJ is one of, if not the worse state for gun owners. The police in NJ are always pulling over cars from PA in hopes of finding a gun. A handgun on the person in NJ will find you in jail, there is not carry permit in NJ. 

Of course the DUmmies would consider that a great use of the taxpayers money; arresting and ruining the lives of gun owning Pennsylvanians who stray over the state line. But when your a DUmmy and not a taxpayer, all is well with your soul.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 12:47:59 AM »
I live in PA but work in NJ. PA is a gun friendly state, NJ is one of, if not the worse state for gun owners. The police in NJ are always pulling over cars from PA in hopes of finding a gun. A handgun on the person in NJ will find you in jail, there is not carry permit in NJ. 

Of course the DUmmies would consider that a great use of the taxpayers money; arresting and ruining the lives of gun owning Pennsylvanians who stray over the state line. But when your a DUmmy and not a taxpayer, all is well with your soul.

That happened to some black woman recently, but i don't remember how the case turned out.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 02:39:06 AM »
I recall reading a study where they tested the composition of marijuana smoke and found pretty much the same carcinogens as tobacco smoke.  THC can be extracted or synthesized much like they do with nicotine and might be a better option for those who seem to be helped by it.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 06:33:34 AM »
That happened to some black woman recently, but i don't remember how the case turned out.

IIRC, it eventually got dropped.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline fatboy

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 08:25:35 AM »
IIRC, it eventually got dropped.

Yes correct. The charges were dropped several days after her story was featured in the various NRA publications, cover story in Americas First Freedom. The NJ affiliate of the NRA, The Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs took up her case. Her legal council is Evan Nappen who is probably the best, he literally wrorte the book on living in NJ as a gun owner.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline fatboy

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
But we digress, the reason why the OP feels like a criminal is because the Dummy is going to partake in illegal activity, knowing it is illegal. Putting it out on the interwebs ahead of time, shows a lack of respect for the laws of the state. Personally I think it all a BS Dummy bouncy attempt.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
But we digress, the reason why the OP feels like a criminal is because the Dummy is going to partake in illegal activity, knowing it is illegal. Putting it out on the interwebs ahead of time, shows a lack of respect for the laws of the state. Personally I think it all a BS Dummy bouncy attempt.

Maybe the DUmmy was encouraged by Hitlery to flaunt the law...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/cheri-jacobus/2015/03/06/cnns-gloria-borger-instructs-dems-your-job-defend-hillary-clinton-not

Quit attacking libs who want to break the law and get away with it.
Start supporting libs who want to break the law and get away with it !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of people questioning the medical value of marijuana.  Are you folks that question the whole concept of medical marijuana 100% convinced that it has absolutely no medical use at all?

No, you're not.  You're seeing a lot of people disgusted with phantom medical conditions being an excuse to get high.  There is not a sane, rational, thoughtful person who disputes there being medical value in marijuana; but it's not the wonder drug that its advocates claim it to be.

My wife was in a car accident 17 years ago.  She was in the back seat of the car and was the only one that survived.  The driver was decapitated.  The passenger, her best friend, was also killed.  This was a very serious accident.

She was obviously seriously injured and required months of treatment.  One of the nagging issues still to this day is neck pain that causes severe migraines.  She has had surgery for this twice, and a ton of therapy.  It has helped considerably, however the neck pain and subsequent migraines do still happen.  These migraines usually get so bad that they put her on the floor and make her basically not able to function.  Sometimes they bring her to tears.  She is left to basically lay on the floor in in misery.

She has tried an assortment of proscribed drugs for this and none of them did any good.  The only drug that has done any good...you guessed it...marijuana.  The effect is nearly miraculous.  It does not completely cure the headache, but provides instant relief to the point that she can function and deal with a much more manageable (normal) headache.

I challenge anyone to witness a loved one go through that much pain, get the cure with marijuana, and then still say that they should be criminal for it.

No one is saying your wife is a criminal, they're mocking a DUmmie that thinks it cannot live without its stash while it goes to see its dying mother in another state.

I love my wife.  I think it's bullshit that what she has to do for this extreme pain is considered illegal.

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
No, you're not.  You're seeing a lot of people disgusted with phantom medical conditions being an excuse to get high.  There is not a sane, rational, thoughtful person who disputes there being medical value in marijuana; but it's not the wonder drug that its advocates claim it to be.

Well stated! It was sold to the people of CA as a wonder drug for genuine medical conditions, but cooperative doper-abetting doctors have made it what it was intended to be, a back-door legalization (after, IIRC, two unsuccessful attempts at an outright legalization). I can re-read that sentence as many times as RvDU wishes - or he can - but there's no denial in that sentence that marijuana - or THC - may have some medical value for some people. Whether it is the best treatment available is another question, and depends on the treated condition and the individual patient.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
No one has proven that weed will do anything for you that you can't get legally from a six-pack of PBR.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
No one has proven that weed will do anything for you that you can't get legally from a six-pack of PBR.
In my current condition, I can do that after three O'Doul's.  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 01:35:18 AM »
No, you're not.  You're seeing a lot of people disgusted with phantom medical conditions being an excuse to get high.

I'll concede the point that no one here explicitly stated that there is absolutely no benefit to medical marijuana.  Some of the statements do seem to imply that. 

I fully understand that there is abuse of medical marijuana laws and understand the frustration of people who witness said abuse.  However the abuse does not seem like a particularly good reason to deny access to people who legitimately need it.

There is not a sane, rational, thoughtful person who disputes there being medical value in marijuana;

I agree.  Every once in a while, I do see people who flat out deny any medical benefit to marijuana.

but it's not the wonder drug that its advocates claim it to be.

That would depend on who you ask.  There again, I've witnessed its potential first-hand with my wife when no other drugs did much of anything. 

Also, have you heard about the strain for seizures called Charlotte's Web?  I imagine the parents of Charlotte Figi would tell you it's an absolute wonder drug that may have saved her life.  At the very least it made a dramatic improvement in her health and quality of life since she was having 300 grand mal seizures a week, and now only has about four a month with controlled, regular use of that strain.  Their family story is heartwarming and worth looking up if you haven't heard it.

No one is saying your wife is a criminal, they're mocking a DUmmie that thinks it cannot live without its stash while it goes to see its dying mother in another state.

Actually a lot of people are saying my wife is a criminal.  The law in my state says it.  Anyone who doesn't support medical marijuana legalization is saying my wife is and should be a criminal.  It's true that no one in this thread has said it.

I'm right there with you an everyone else on mocking DUmbasses!   

I know very little about Marinol so thanks for the suggestion.  The real quick reading I just did on it indicate that it's targeted for cancer patients.  I do not know near enough about it at this point to have an opinion, but I'd be surprised if it did the same thing for the headaches.  It appears to be of the same origin but of course not the same thing. 

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 01:52:38 AM »
That would depend on who you ask.  There again, I've witnessed its potential first-hand with my wife when no other drugs did much of anything. 

Also, have you heard about the strain for seizures called Charlotte's Web?  I imagine the parents of Charlotte Figi would tell you it's an absolute wonder drug that may have saved her life.  At the very least it made a dramatic improvement in her health and quality of life since she was having 300 grand mal seizures a week, and now only has about four a month with controlled, regular use of that strain.  Their family story is heartwarming and worth looking up if you haven't heard it.

It may be semantics, it may be polemics, but the definition of "wonder drug" or "miracle drug" is probably different also depending on who you ask.
Before you could gain agreement, you would have to agree on terms.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Online dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 10:02:48 AM »
Scuba (44,323 posts)
25. State cops aren't required to enforce federal laws. It's all a charade.

they don't call them DUmb for no reason.

roody (8,946 posts)
27. It is always good to drive in such a way as to give no,reason to be pulled over. I wish everyone did so. You could mail your pot.

Lochloosa (8,978 posts)
37. Mailing pot is not a good idea. Now you are talking Federal charges.

progressoid (33,910 posts)
31. I just talked to someone who was stopped in NE coming from Colorado.

They were only going five over the limit but they were driving a "suspicious" looking vehicle. They were just moving someone's belongings and had a rental van filled with stuff, including black garbage bags. Cop thought he was going to make a big score. After a half an hour of questions he eventually wrote a warning ticket for five over the limit.

OMG! The guy was speeding. That's agains the law. Got pulled over for no reason. Other than speeding. Of course they said it was only 5 miles over the limit. No DUmbie is going to tell you the truth.

backscatter712 (22,725 posts)
33. If you're going from Colorado to Illinois...

I hear the pigs in Nebraska are especially obnoxious. They openly target Colorado plates, detain them for hours, make arrests if a bit of marijuana the size of a grain of pepper is found, and generally behave like authoritarian pricks.

Be careful...

You are the reason we act like Police Officers. Less than an ounce is a citation. Don't let teh facts bother your story though.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 01:45:14 PM »
I fully understand that there is abuse of medical marijuana laws and understand the frustration of people who witness said abuse.  However the abuse does not seem like a particularly good reason to deny access to people who legitimately need it.

Then I believe your beef is with those who ruin it for everyone else.

That would depend on who you ask. 

Yeah, I know.

There again, I've witnessed its potential first-hand with my wife when no other drugs did much of anything. 

Short term gain for a whole host of debilitating long term effects.  What you trade now, you'll pay 4 times in the future.

Anyone who doesn't support medical marijuana legalization is saying my wife is and should be a criminal. 

That's quite a broad brush. 

I know very little about Marinol so thanks for the suggestion.  The real quick reading I just did on it indicate that it's targeted for cancer patients.  I do not know near enough about it at this point to have an opinion, but I'd be surprised if it did the same thing for the headaches.  It appears to be of the same origin but of course not the same thing.

I'd suggest you read more, and talk to your doctor, before she makes a lifelong habit of setting a plant on fire and inhaling all of the carcinogens that come with it.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 04:33:29 PM »
A buddy of mine is a probation officer. He ran into a couple of his former clients that clearly smelled like weed. His ex-clients told him "it's legal, we have medical cards now" and he replied "but you still can't get a job."  The PO went on to tell them that "your sacrifice is going to be living in your mom's basement the rest of your life."  :-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »
I work with a guy who is eligible for early retirement, but is planning on waiting a couple of more years. However, he said if he tests positive on a piss test, then he's done.

He also plans on making a few trips to Colorado each year after retirement unless he can qualify for medical marijuana in Illinois.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 12:42:26 AM »
By rare I mean about 1 in a million.