Author Topic: Tobin: I am a fat guy and I have an 18.5 inch neck...  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Tobin: I am a fat guy and I have an 18.5 inch neck...
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:34 AM »
I'm concerned for two reasons.  Would someone who's been nuts before really be competent to drive some monster-sized vehicle weighing several tons?  One has to be careful, because he might have a recrudescence of his fits.  And also, he's probably on pharmaceuticals to "stabilize" his sanity.  Pharmaceuticals tend to have unanticipated side-effects.

And okay, so he just got his degree in business administration, and kudos to him for that.  But would someone who's been nuts before really be competent, for example, to manage, to supervise, other people?  He might go nuts again and make decisions that screw up other people's jobs.....and lives.

We've all worked under managers and supervisors with mental problems; it never ends well.

I honestly don't think the Tobin primitive should fill either sort of position.  Since he lives in Indiana, I'd suggest some sort of assembly-line or agricultural work.  He might think himself "above" or "too good for" assembly-line work, but hey, it's union wages and union benefits.  It's not a bad life if one accepts one's limitations.

If he can't own a gun legally then why in the hell can he have a huge truck that can take out more people than  gun?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
If he can't own a gun legally then why in the hell can he have a huge truck that can take out more people than a gun?

Good question, madam.  Trucks can be pretty dangerous.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline the county

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »
Upadate!!! Tobin is still looking for work and he's still fat:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018711063

Response to DFW (Reply #9)

Tue Jan 13, 2015, 04:05 PM

Tobin S. (7,172 posts)

10. Nah

We do appear to want to spend more time together than many couples do, and we are all about the happiness. I suppose I wasn't frivolous enough in my OP to show that it's a joke between us. I confused Peggy, too.

My bones ache from 18 years of trucking. I've been hanging around the house for the past five days because my physical certification is up in the air, and it's been nice just to be able to do what I like. I'm in the middle of a career change. I just graduated from college and I'm looking for a good job- something that I want to do that won't put me in a wheel chair or an early grave. That makes both us very happy

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
Upadate!!! Tobin is still looking for work and he's still fat:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018711063

I've been hanging around the house for the past five days because my physical certification is up in the air, and it's been nice just to be able to do what I like.

Still waiting for a clean drug test. :rofl:

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
We are a will not carry hazmat organization.
My assumption was that as such, no hazmat training would be required.
WRONG !
Quarterly, annual (and painful) training is mandated.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.