Author Topic: 4 teens charged with murder in Warren man’s death  (Read 2796 times)

Offline mrclose

4 teens charged with murder in Warren man’s death
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »

Whatever happened with just putting pennies on railroad tracks as kids? :whistling:

Toledo, Ohio — Four teenage boys will remain in an Ohio jail on murder charges in the death of a man struck by a sandbag thrown from an interstate overpass.

The boys, ages 13 to 15, appeared in juvenile court Wednesday in Toledo where they entered denial pleas to the murder charges.

Prosecutors filed the new charges Tuesday against the boys after 22-year-old Marquise Byrd died Friday at a hospital.

He had been sitting in the front passenger seat of a car traveling south on Interstate 75 in Toledo when a sandbag smashed through the windshield Dec. 19.

The Warren, Michigan, man was in the front passenger seat of a car traveling south on Interstate 75 in Toledo when a sandbag smashed through the windshield on Dec. 19.

The Lucas County Coroner’s Office says Byrd died of blunt-force trauma injuries to the head and neck.

Sean Carter, 14, William Parker, 14, Pedro Salinas, 13, and Demetrius Wimberly, 14, have been charged as adults, which means they face up to life in prison

Police and a prosecutor have said the teens threw other objects from the overpass that night.

In the 911 call from the evening, the driver, who says her name is Armani, panics when she doesn't see her friend move. "I don't know what happened, my friend ... I don't know what happened, he's not moving," she said.

"I was just driving underneath the bridge and something hit my car ... I think this windshield may have smacked his head," she said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2017/12/27/sandbag-hits-car/108939234/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline thundley4

Re: 4 teens charged with murder in Warren man’s death
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
Life is worthless to too many people these days. :(

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
This happened somewhere else recently, too.  I think there were 5 kids involved in that one.  I don't know what the hell is going through their minds.  I keep an eye on overpasses as I'm approaching them for this reason.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »
This happened to me about 20 years ago at an overpass. Instead of a sandbag, it was a rock or even a brick. Partially caved in the windshield, but not to the point where it hit me.

The state cops in the People's Republik of Illinois, where I was living at the time, caught the ****tards that did this, but refused to allow me to swear out a complaint. Wouldn't identify the little shits because they were juveniles.

OK, that's fine. Let's go after the parents.

But no - the victim's rights are completely set aside when it comes to the little ****ing snowflakes that are showing us the result of their upbringing.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
This happened to me about 20 years ago at an overpass. Instead of a sandbag, it was a rock or even a brick. Partially caved in the windshield, but not to the point where it hit me.

The state cops in the People's Republik of Illinois, where I was living at the time, caught the ****tards that did this, but refused to allow me to swear out a complaint. Wouldn't identify the little shits because they were juveniles.

OK, that's fine. Let's go after the parents.

But no - the victim's rights are completely set aside when it comes to the little ****ing snowflakes that are showing us the result of their upbringing.

So nothing happened to the kids who hit your vehicle?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 02:46:04 PM »

So nothing happened to the kids who hit your vehicle?

KC

Not that I know of. The troopers were protecting the kids. Wouldn't divulge their names or the names of their parents. Basically I was stuck with a $300 windshield replacement.

And people wonder why I think teenagers aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
Not that I know of. The troopers were protecting the kids. Wouldn't divulge their names or the names of their parents. Basically I was stuck with a $300 windshield replacement.

And people wonder why I think teenagers aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.

Wow.  That's messed up.  How in the hell are they supposed to learn anything if there are no consequences?

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 04:02:43 PM »

Wow.  That's messed up.  How in the hell are they supposed to learn anything if there are no consequences?

KC

That "event" occurred in 1997, 20 years ago. They were 13 at the time, meaning they were born in 1984.

That makes them Millennials, aka Snowflakes.

They know nothing of consequences.

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 12:51:44 PM »
This happened somewhere else recently, too.  I think there were 5 kids involved in that one.  I don't know what the hell is going through their minds.  I keep an eye on overpasses as I'm approaching them for this reason.

KC

This is a reason you see overpasses with tall wire fences running along them. I remember this happening a couple of decades ago in multiple places,and it was kids doing it then,too. The one case I remember best was kids dumping cinder blocks over the rails into oncoming traffic..

IMHO,no matter how much we might want to deny it,there is a time in the lives of young men when most of them are capable of damn near anything. Especially the ones with no strong father and family in the background to keep them busy and involved. Young teens have all that energy,and they can be dangerous if left to run free without adult direction.

Don't blame me for this,blame Mother Nature. All I am doing is recognizing it.

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »

KC

They are learning. What they are learning is there are no negative consequences to them for their bad conduct.

Can you say "recruiting foot soldiers for the revolution"? Because that's what happens when the day does come where they are held responsible for something they were caught doing,and see it is unfair discrimination because they were never punished for anything before.