Author Topic: There was no prayer today at our son's graduation.  (Read 461 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
There was no prayer today at our son's graduation.
« on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
Dappleganger Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-04-11 02:49 PM
Original message
There was no prayer today at our son's graduation.

As far as I can tell the devil hasn't taken over Florida and Earth hasn't spun off it's axis.

:D

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1228642

And all across the country there probably were many graduation ceremonies with prayers, and the earth didn't spin off its axis either.

I'm an agnostic and I don't understand the big deal if someone says a prayer during an event. Same goes if they play music that I don't like. Then again I don't spend my life trying to get offended by everything.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: There was no prayer today at our son's graduation.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
Screw you you stupid DUmmie. My son's college graduation had a huge moonbat for their commencement speaker. Should what she says be outlawed at graduation?  My high school daughter's test the other day asked, "since Obama has been elected, which evironmental issue has yet to be resolved (I'm paraphrasing)". Of course the answer was "Global Climate Change". The left's religion is Global Climate Change, what is the difference?

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
Screw you you stupid DUmmie. My son's college graduation had a huge moonbat for their commencement speaker. Should what she says be outlawed at graduation?  My high school daughter's test the other day asked, "since Obama has been elected, which evironmental issue has yet to be resolved (I'm paraphrasing)". Of course the answer was "Global Climate Change". The left's religion is Global Climate Change, what is the difference?

I actually think the left is more polytheistic (is that the word I'm looking for?) and has many religions. Global Climate Change is one of the top ones. I think their religion of "me" is probably at the very top. Give me! Listen to me! Grant me! Hand out to me! Bow down to me!

They really are part of the me generation.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
The choir students (myself included) in my graduating class sang Michael W. Smith's "Friends."

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:37:59 PM »
The choir students (myself included) in my graduating class sang Michael W. Smith's "Friends."

Is that the one he sang with Amy Grant?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 09:40:01 PM »
Is that the one he sang with Amy Grant?

Not to date myself, but back in the day, he sang it solo.  I think he did do a duet of it with her more recently, though.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

My cousin sang that song at my wedding.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »
Not to date myself, but back in the day, he sang it solo.  I think he did do a duet of it with her more recently, though.

I was just wondering. I know way back when I graduated the students wanted to play a song by him that had "friends are friends forever when the Lord is lord of them". The school wouldn't let us, but it was supposedly not due to religious reasons. It was the first time I had ever heard the song. This version only had him singing except for the chorus, but a few years later I asked about it at a Christian book and record store and they told me it was by him and Amy Grant but they didn't have the album. I figured she must be the backup singer.

Not meaning to get too far off topic, but one Christian song that I really like is "Love in any Language" by Sandi Patti. The first time I heard it was at my brother's wedding.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »
I actually think the left is more polytheistic (is that the word I'm looking for?) and has many religions. Global Climate Change is one of the top ones. I think their religion of "me" is probably at the very top. Give me! Listen to me! Grant me! Hand out to me! Bow down to me!

They really are part of the me generation.

They definitely worship at the feet of their Leftist personalities, whom they've set up as near-demigods. Look at how they swoon over and hang on every word of a Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow and then go into deep depression or fly into a violent rage if one of them gets shitcanned. Of course, they're a fickle lot, too. One wrong word from their man-gods and they turn their collective back on them. That's why they need a huge pantheon of media deities. They go through them so quickly.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself