Author Topic: I am so tired of living in a state that contributes a lot of Federal dollars  (Read 975 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212780750

onecaliberal
I am so tired of living in a state that contributes a lot of Federal dollars

A state with 35 million people, a state consistently held hostage by states with a 16th of our population. States that have a negative contribution to the federal government. This country is NOT theirs. It is ours, I am really friggin tired of the lowest common denominator calling the shots that are dismantling democracy and celebrating stupidity. /rant

stopbush
9. California is not currently a donor state.
Last edited Sat Dec 14, 2019, 12:01 AM -
Edit history (1)

Edit: CA’s balance of payments is +$12.

:lol:

onecaliberal
11. Yes it is
https://www.politifact.com/california/article/2017/feb/14/does-california-give-more-it-gets-dc/

progressoid
18. Depends on where you get your data.
This says California nearly breaks even.

https://rockinst.org/issue-areas/fiscal-analysis/balance-of-payments-portal/

stopbush
24. Nope. My info is from 2019. Yours is from 2017.
We get back a whole $12 more than we pay out. Not much, but not a donor state at this time.

A few years ago we were getting only 74¢ back out of every $1 we paid to the feds. Things have improved a bit.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/donor-states/

Tipperary
22. Oh my goodness.
I love these posts where people feel so superior to others. You do know there are Dems in every state, right?

Pepsidog
25. Yes I know there are Dems in these states. I guess there were anti-Nazis in Germany as well but I
look back at Nazi Germany with hatred. I’m sure there are Republicans who hate Trump but who cares, I can’t stand Republicans. I can say, I do feel sad for people who live in these ass backwards states who are Dems. I live in NJ a solid Dem State but my district is a solid R district and I hate my ass backward district, but like the Dems in my district. I see nothing inconsistent or wrong with that. I hate West Virginia, Kansas etc. but feel sorry for Des who live there. But we live with our choices. I live in a R district so I live with those consequences. And yes I have zero doubt that I am superior to those traitors who vote republican where ever they live. Some of my family are Republicans and they are ignorant tools and I am superior to them in every way. I can hate a red state but that doesn’t mean I hate Dems who live there. Let’s cut this political correctness shit. Our country is at risk. I am an equal opportunity hater of Republicans, I hate them everywhere and will fight them to my dying breathe.

Far more at the link and it’s good stuff!  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

Onecaliberal is a textbook example of why the electoral college is necessary.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Onecaliberal is a textbook example of why the electoral college is necessary.

You’ve got that right. Somewhere in the thread they demonstrate their ignorance of civics by proclaiming some states are more equal than others so they should get a third senator.

I also find their hypocrisy of how THEIR taxes should be spent to be hilarious. It’s also fun to see their beliefs of who is a donor state shattered.  :rofl:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

California has 10% of the population of the entire USA but has 38% of the welfare payments.

You can't tell me that we are a net contributor.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

Funny how DUpipo do not realize that Federal dollars going into a state don't do the same thing. Some $$ go to welfare programs. Some go into ag subsidies that keep food prices low. Some go to universities for various research projects. Some go into defense installations of various purposes.

Speaking of the latter, consider the effects of Bill Clinton's base closings in California:

* Mather AFB in Sacramento;

* McClellan AFB in Sacramento;

* Alameda NAS in Alameda-Oakland;

* Moffett NAS in Mountain View;

* Mare Island near Vallejo;

* Fort Ord near Monterey;

* MCAS El Toro in Orange County.

Just off the top of my head. But DU-Moron onecaliberal is just virtue-signalling for DUmp Cred. Whether California pays more in taxes than the Federal dollars it receives has absolutely zero effect on his life (unless his community was hurt by one of Clinton's base closings, as Vallejo was by Mare Island being closed).

Then there's tax $$ California supposedly pays. Apple Computer, for example, sell its phone products and computer products all over the world. But because Apple is based in California, the sites DU-Moron onecaliberal uses count the taxes on that worldwide revenue as coming from California. Cisco, Oracle, Amazon, EBay, etc..

Then there's companies like L3 Communications, which is HQed in NY, but has divisions all over the US (L3 basically was created by buying divisions of other companies). Are the revenues of the various divisions counted as taxes from NY or from the various states? Somehow, I suspect that the taxes paid on revenues from L3 divisions in UT and PA are counted by those sites as from NY (which is a supposed "net contributor"). Speaking of companies with divisions in multiple states, Curtis Instruments is based in NY, but has a major division in CA. To which state do these sites attribute taxes paid by Curtis? Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, General Dynamics .....

IOW, the websites DU-Moron onecaliberal obsesses over - by his choice, not because any actual effects in his life - are fodder for political BS, and very possibly designed to be such.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:59:54 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Response to madville (Reply #2)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:45 PM

juxtaposed (2,645 posts)
5. I think one could say you reap what you sow. If you are a state such as Alabama and your state

government brainwashed you into voting against your best interest because of freedom and liberty. ect,ect.

Says it all right there.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:45 PM

juxtaposed (2,645 posts)
5. I think one could say you reap what you sow. If you are a state such as Alabama and your state

government brainwashed you into voting against your best interest because of freedom and liberty. ect,ect.
I don't think DUmmies should use Latin abbreviations if they cannot spell them correctly.
This too shall pass.

Offline SVPete

I don't think DUmmies should use Latin abbreviations if they cannot spell them correctly.

Well, consider the DU-member's forum name. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I am so tired of living in a state that is inundated by all you liberals after you f**ked up your state the :thatsright:n come here and vote for the same shitty left wing politicians to screw it up here.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

juxtaposed (2,645 posts)

Offline jukin

What state would that be DUmmy?

State of irrelevancy.

State of denial.

State of mental delusion.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
DUmmies are terrified by the EC. 
Here's a little tidbit that I dug up.

Many people whine that using the Electoral College instead of the popular vote and majority rule is undemocratic. I’d say that they are absolutely right. Not deciding who will be the president by majority rule is not democracy.

The Founding Fathers went to great lengths to ensure that we were a republic and not a democracy. In fact, the word democracy does not appear in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or any other of our founding documents.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline ROCKURWORLD

#endrepresentationwithouttaxation

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
onecaliberal

And yet chances are you're one of the population that doesn't contribute but does suck up and take from what the state does get back. You're a mooch.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline I_B_Perky

onecaliberal

A state with 35 million people, a state consistently held hostage by states with a 16th of our population. States that have a negative contribution to the federal government. This country is NOT theirs. It is ours, I am really friggin tired of the lowest common denominator calling the shots that are dismantling democracy and celebrating stupidity. /rant

Poor dummie. Poor, poor dummie.  So unhappy.  It's time to off yourself dummie. It will relieve your pain.

5 cents please.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi