Author Topic: question-and-answer time for the DUmpster  (Read 2575 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
question-and-answer time for the DUmpster
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »
I'm going to hit the sack soon, but first, this.

October, November, and December (especially December) are the busiest times of the year for the DUmpster.

Every so often, decent and civilized people indicate confusion, either in a thread or in a personal message, about the primitives, or an individual primitive.

One shouldn't be afraid to ask; nothing wrong with admitting one doesn't know something.

I've done this before, but it's been a long time, since which time the DUmpster's acquired about twice as many members as it used to have, and so now's a good time to do it again, for the illumination of those wondering.

I'm sure that the awesome cerebral power of all there can give an answer to any question.

There's one that's nagged me for the longest time.

There's a "Danca" primitive who won #11 Top DUmmie of 2005; it's the only top primitive I don't recall, and it appears the dancing primitive left Skins's island a very long time ago.

Does anybody remember what the dancing primitive did back in 2005, to get such a high distinction?

I'm going to "sticky" this thread to the top of the DUmpster for a day, a day and a half, after which I'll move it to the DUmping Ground, the "reference section" for the DUmpster.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: question-and-answer time for the DUmpster
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
I have some old threads from Danca saved from back in that era.  Will try to find them for you tomorrow.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Emdamascus

• Probationary (Probie)
  • E&M Knifeworks
Re: question-and-answer time for the DUmpster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »
I cannot help you, but I too wish there was some filing system to query for the names in the archives.
I keep looking for some of tomintib's old stuff, and am seriously looking for a post from an alleged schoolteacher who said he would refuse to save his kids in the case of a school shooting.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:56:32 PM by Emdamascus »
Annoy a liberal

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:21:28 AM »
I recall the name but beyond that, nothing.

Sorry.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »
I recall the name but beyond that, nothing.

Sorry.

The name's familiar--from our old home--and it's the only primitive a winner of the Top DUmmies of the year with whom I can't connect anything.

The rest, I can practically write their biographies, but this one, I have no clue.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »
I cannot help you, but I too wish there was some filing system to query for the names in the archives.

I keep looking for some of tomintib's old stuff, and am seriously looking for a post from an alleged schoolteacher who said he would refuse to save his kids in the case of a school shooting.

You should be able to find the specific primitive in "search" here, because the primitive's quoted in the blue boxes, including the primitive's screen-name as used on Skins's island, and that would show up on a search.

We have customized nicknames for some PoP (primitives of prominence), and use those nicknames when commenting ourselves, but that shouldn't interfere with searching using the primitive's real screen-name.

If you're still having problems, or if I didn't answer your first sentence, send me a personal message, and we'll figure it out.

As for the second sentence, at the moment I can't recall which primitive that was; if anybody else has an idea, holler.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Emdamascus

• Probationary (Probie)
  • E&M Knifeworks
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:07 AM »
Thanks, sorry I hijacked your thread Frank
Newbie know nothing, but hey I'm old and my microwave still blinks 12:00
Annoy a liberal