Interests > All Things Edible (and how to prepare them)

Question about cupcakes

(1/2) > >>

Miss Mia:
Can you use a regular cake recipe to make cupcakes, just not cook as long?  I have a great recipe for carrot cake, and I was wondering if I could just use that and make cupcakes instead.

DixieBelle:
yes. I assume your recipe is made from scratch? If so, make it like you normally would and put it in a cupcake pan. Just watch the cooking time. If it's a box mix, it will tell you on the back how long to cook for cupcakes.

Miss Mia:

--- Quote from: DixieBelle on January 13, 2008, 05:26:04 PM ---yes. I assume your recipe is made from scratch? If so, make it like you normally would and put it in a cupcake pan. Just watch the cooking time. If it's a box mix, it will tell you on the back how long to cook for cupcakes.

--- End quote ---

Thanks DixieBelle.  I'm bringing it to work, so I thought that cupcakes would be better than a regular cake. 

DixieBelle:
Mmmm...cupcakes!!!!

Miss Mia:
I make a really awesome carrot cake.  My co-worker's birthday was last Thursday and he loves carrot cake.  He's been meaning to give me money to bake him one.  But then today I thought that cupcakes might be nice and faster to make than the whole cake, plus I can use sprinkles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version