Current Events > Breaking News

Former Obama White House advisor arrested for allegedly stealing hundreds of tho

(1/1)

Texacon:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-obama-white-house-advisor-022540735.html

--- Quote ---Former Obama White House advisor arrested for allegedly stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from charter schools he founded

A former senior advisor in the Obama White House allegedly stole more than $200,000 from a charter school network he founded and tried to launder the stolen money in order to get a lower interest rate on a Manhattan apartment mortgage, according to the Department of Justice.

Seth Andrew, 42, who worked as a senior advisor in the Office of Educational Technology at the White House under Obama, was arrested and charged Tuesday with wire fraud, money laundering, and making false statements to a bank.

Andrew founded Democracy Prep Public Schools, a system of more than 20 New York City-based public charter schools in 2005, according to federal prosecutors. He left the network in 2013 to take a job at the US Department of Education before heading to the White House, where he stayed until November 2016.

<SNIP>

The alleged fraud, money laundering, and "misrepresentations" were all an attempt by Andrew to obtain savings on a mortgage for a multimillion-dollar Manhattan apartment, prosecutors said. Without the stolen Democracy Prep funds, prosecutors say Andrew would not have been able to take full advantage of the bank's discounted interest rate promotion.
--- End quote ---

I've been watching that story for a few days.  I have looked for it at the DUmp, but they don't seem to have it.  Anyone care to share?

KC

Eupher:
Making false statements to a bank is a crime?

Since when do banks act as an agent of the government? We all know that if you lie to the FBI or to Congress, especially in a deposition or in testimony, you can go to jail -- well, except for Hillary, of course. She gets a pass.

Seems to me if you lie to a bank and they approve a mortgage, for example, they can call the mortgage due and that takes care of that.

J P Sousa:

--- Quote ---Former Obama White House advisor arrested for allegedly stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from charter schools he founded
--- End quote ---

Democrats being democrats.    :shrug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version