Author Topic: Where Are All the Legal Challenges to Joe Biden's EOs?  (Read 585 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Where Are All the Legal Challenges to Joe Biden's EOs?
« on: March 08, 2021, 02:17:13 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/07/where-are-all-the-legal-challenges-to-joe-bidens-executive-orders-n1430645

Been wondering the same thing, actually.

President Asterisk can wield an EO pen like no other before him, but he can't remember what he's about to say even though he has a teleprompter parked in front of him with the Big Font enabled for easy reading.

So with all that spilled ink from a decrepit, desiccated Grandpa Gropey, where are the lawyers and the lawsuits?

For example, I don't think there's any question that the Paris Climate Accords is a treaty, pooh-poohed by leftists and Barry himself that the Accords are not a treaty. Obama signed it on behalf of the U.S., but the argument made by leftist organizations is that while Barry signed it, the United States did not. That's a patently ridiculous argument, but it that made it easy for Trump to unsign it, which is what he did.

If the President of the U.S. signs an international agreement committing the U.S. to certain targets (reduction of greenhouse gases and ponying up billions of dollars to a "Green Climate Fund"), seems to me that qualifies as a treaty and thus is subject to Senate advice and counsel.

Anyway, doing some reading up on this issue, it appears that the Dem tactic of attacking Trump's EOs centered on filing of lawsuits by state AGs in one or more of four federal courts with left-leaning judges (California-based - surprise, surprise!), which would then promptly issue an injunction against the EO applicable nation-wide.

Injunctions were filed against Barry's EOs too, to be fair, but has the flurry of Asterisk's EOs caught state AGs with their pants down?

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2021/01/21/soon-bidens-executive-orders-met-nationwide-injunctions/
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Where Are All the Legal Challenges to Joe Biden's EOs?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »
Republicans are too busy trying to bury Trump to actually do something worthwhile.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:23:36 AM »
I'm reading my industry, Oil and Gas, is preparing to hit him with a suit.  We'll see.  Some of those guys have really, really, deep pockets.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 10:50:24 AM »
Republicans are too busy trying to bury Trump to actually do something worthwhile.
sadly, I think is true
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020