Author Topic: LA District Attorney George Gascon faces new recall  (Read 658 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

LA District Attorney George Gascon faces new recall
« on: March 01, 2021, 05:08:22 PM »
After not yet three months in the office, Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascón is facing a recall effort similar to the one faced by California Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Recall organizers held a ‘victims’ vigil’ Saturday evening to gather the 20 signatures needed from Los Angeles County residents to formally launch the process.

The effort needs to garner just under 600,000 signatures from registered LA voters, or 10 percent of the voter roll, to force Gascón to run again.

Organizers of the Newsom recall effort said they've garnered 1.825 million signatures as of Thursday. They need 1.5 million by March 17 for the effort to succeed but are accounting for a portion of the signatures to be rejected.

The day he took office in December, Gascón announced a slew of sweeping changes including stopping the use of sentencing enhancements, restricting when prosecutors can hold defendants without bail, ending the use of the death penalty in LA County and banning the practice of trying juveniles as adults.

"A lot of victims have come forward and said they feel threatened by his policies, so this is a victim- and community-led effort," said Siannah Collado, member of the Recall George Gascon campaign, who represents crime victims in court.

"A lot of people I’ve met have come forward and said, ‘Had I known this is what he was going to do I wouldn’t have voted for him," Collado said. "It was a bait and switch."

"I agree there needs to be some reform, but the pendulum has swung too far left. Now victims are last and criminals come first," she continued.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/angelenos-recall-effort-la-district-attorney-george-gascon

gascon was a hand picked george soros sponsored leftist who ran a deceptive campaign and unseated a tough on crime DA who happens to be a democrat, but not progressive enough for soros.

If you go to https://recallgeorgegascon.com/ before March 7 you will see a countdown clock for the release of the petitions to recall this turd.  The reason for the countdown is that you can not initiate a petition against a DA who has served less than 90 days.  This guy is so bad and has pissed off so many of his constituents that he hasn't made it thru the traditional honeymoon period new politicians usually enjoy

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: LA District Attorney George Gascon faces new recall
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 08:38:07 PM »
Gasgone...

I've heard that the attorneys and other officials in his office aren't even talking to him, let alone following any of his orders.  I feel sorry for the career staff who have to put-up with this poison-pill lurking amongst them. 

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 10:06:54 PM »
Gasgone...

I've heard that the attorneys and other officials in his office aren't even talking to him, let alone following any of his orders. I feel sorry for the career staff who have to put-up with this poison-pill lurking amongst them.

hopefully not for too much longer...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »
Gasgone...

I've heard that the attorneys and other officials in his office aren't even talking to him, let alone following any of his orders.  I feel sorry for the career staff who have to put-up with this poison-pill lurking amongst them.

Yep. Read an essay a month or two ago about one of his assistant DAs who spelled out his process without any effort whatsoever in assessing current practices, i.e., learning how the office did business.

Like someone who didn't even take Management 101, Gascon came out of the starting blocks without so much as a **** off to his staff. They were gonna do it Gascon's way.

The upshot being, that's a great way to fail -- treat your people like they're not even there.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
Beverly Hills City Council approves resolution 3-2 on No Confidence for Gascon.

Holy shit, Batman, you mean they actually have some councilmembers who understand that dismantling the law from someone who is supposed to enforce the law has consequences?

Actually, Beverly Hills apparently is being routinely ransacked thanks to Gascon's "Special Directives."

Having Gascon do the duffel bag drag out of office just might give George Soros pause to think about pouring money into elections. Those pesky destructive policies just might come back to bite you in the ass.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2021/03/17/beverly-hills-city-council-issues-a-vote-of-no-confidence-for-los-angeles-d-a-george-gascon-n345224?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=onsite&utm_campaign=719
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.