Author Topic: Kerry's 'better choices' comment on climate job losses opens door for GOP to pou  (Read 699 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Kerry's 'better choices' comment on climate job losses opens door for GOP to pounce
https://justthenews.com/government/white-house/thukerrys-better-choices-comment-climate-job-losses-opens-door-gop-pounce

Sometimes seemingly insignificant moments in politics have a way of taking on a life all their own.

George H.W. Bush's momentary glance of his watch during a presidential debate, Bill Clinton's famous hedge on the meaning of the word "is" during a sex scandal, and Marco Rubio's water break during a State of the Union response all left indelible marks.

Biden administration climate czar John Kerry may have created his own such moment on Wednesday with a seemingly passing response to a question about American oil and gas workers losing their jobs to the administration's new regulatory agenda.

Elitism.  :mental:

"John Kerry — who flies in private jets, owned a 76-foot yacht and several mansions —has the carbon footprint of a small nation," Sen. Tom Cotton tweeted. "Yet he tells energy workers to 'make solar panels' when the Biden administration kills their jobs."

John Kerry—who flies in private jets, owned a 76-foot yacht and several mansions—has the carbon footprint of a small nation. Yet he tells energy workers to "make solar panels" when the Biden administration kills their jobs. pic.twitter.com/QhK2FVykxU— Tom Cotton (@TomCottonAR) January 27, 2021
Commentators and journalists had their own take.

"I'd like to help John Kerry make 'better choices' for his career," tweeted author and Wall Street Journal journalist Abigail Shrier, no stranger to controversy among liberals after writing a recent book on transgender issues.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Lurch's comment was every bit as reminiscent, poignant, and masterful as Marie Antoinette's lofty statement (which she did not make, but popular culture attributes to her):

"Let them eat cake."

We all know what happened to Marie as part of the French Revolution. Her condescension and arrogance got her a trip to the guillotine.

Lurch has to justify his existence, so he will come before the cameras and say stupid shit like this, but the media will gloss over it and help him justify himself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DJT did not have an "energy czar" or whatever the hell Lurch thinks he's doing. He's no more an energy czar than I am a ketchup producer.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DJT did not have an "energy czar" or whatever the hell Lurch thinks he's doing. He's no more an energy czar than I am a ketchup producer.

I'm wondering what Lurch's bonafides are that qualify him for the job of energy czar.  It's such a wide open job description that it will be difficult to tell if he is doing any good or not.

I'm guessing it's some sort of consolation prize to him for his decades of serving at the alter of the democrat party before he finally retires from the public trough with a huge pension.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'm wondering what Lurch's bonafides are that qualify him for the job of energy czar.  It's such a wide open job description that it will be difficult to tell if he is doing any good or not.

I'm guessing it's some sort of consolation prize to him for his decades of serving at the alter of the democrat party before he finally retires from the public trough with a huge pension.

With Joe Asterisk, you don't have to have bona fides. All you need is to be a moonbat leftist, elitist pond scum that's infested D.C.

Let's also not forget that Lurch's son Christopher Heinz was also - for a time - connected with Hunter Biden. Heinz reportedly cut ties with Hunter when Hunter took his board position with Burisma (I wonder why - you think that even Heinz could tell when there was a conflict of interest?)

You can believe that Lurch was made aware of all this too. He reeks every bit as badly as Joe Asterisk. Birds of a feather flock together.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.