Author Topic: 'The voice of desperation': Vice President-elect Kamala Harris slams Trump and A  (Read 470 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
'The voice of desperation': Vice President-elect Kamala Harris slams Trump and AOC leads calls for impeachment after the president is heard pressuring Georgia's Republican Secretary of State to 'find' 11,780 votes in leaked phone call
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9108803/Trump-demands-rambling-call-GA-Secretary-State-way-overturn-Bidens-win-there.html

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris ripped into President Donald Trump after a leaked phone call captured him pressuring Georgia's Republican secretary of state to 'find' enough votes to overturn her and Joe Biden's victory in the state.

Harris reacted to the leaked recording while speaking at a campaign event for Democratic senate hopefuls Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock in Savannah on Sunday.

'It was certainly the voice of desperation,' Harris said of Trump's plea to Brad Raffensberger. 'And it was a bald, bald-faced, bold abuse of power by the president of the United States.'

Harris' rebuke followed a Washington Post report detailing the unprecedented hour-long call on Saturday, during which Trump berated Raffensperger and Gov Brian Kemp to do anything they could to change the outcome of the Georgia election. 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls it impeachable.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joined Harris in condemning Trump's efforts to pressure Raffensberger, calling it an impeachable offense.

'The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,' Trump said on the call. 'And there's nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you've recalculated.'

'Well, Mr President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong,' Raffensperger responded.

In what the Post described as an incoherent conversation full of ramblings by the president, Trump repeated again and again: 'There's no way I lost Georgia.'

What if Joe Biden becomes President? Can they impeach Donald Trump?

Representative Ocasio-Cortez told reporters at the Capitol Sunday that Trump's call with Raffensperger is an 'impeachable offense.' 

'I absolutely think it's an impeachable offense and if it was up to me, there would be articles on the floor quite quickly,' she said. 'But he, I mean he is trying to – he is attacking our very election.'

She said she has not listened to the full hour, but has heard parts of the call between Trump and the Georgia secretary of State.

Rep Hank Johnson (D - Georgia) went further than Ocasio-Cortez, saying that he would introduce a motion in the House on Monday to censure Trump over the call he said was 'far from perfect' and 'a violation of state and federal law'.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The leftist media is all over this one, believing they have the proverbial smoking gun -- that Trump has irretrievably committed an impeachable offense.

They're positively drooling over each other. Mrs. E watches that crap (MSNBC) and when I'm passing through the living room, the glee the leftist "journalists" was evident.

Except nothing like that happened at all. There was no pressure -- only a series of questions with numbers posed by Trump to Raffenberger and his attorney. Trump had his campaign attorney and his chief of staff on the call too.

In frustration, Trump made it clear to Raffenberger that he (Trump) "lost" Georgia by less than 12,000 votes and the numbers that Trump rolled out exceeded that margin by a wide volume. Raffenberger is complicit in evident fraud and when the dust settles on all this, he should go to prison.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-georgia-raffensperger/2021/01/03/id/1004057/?ns_mail_uid=362cc6fe-3f55-4f00-8802-a7a9227445b4&ns_mail_job=DM179669_01032021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010124m1vx2y
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

The left sure likes to listen into President Trump's phone calls and try to make something out of nothing.

Will they be as eager to listen in to wannabe president biden's phone calls if he manages to pull off the election heist?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020