Current Events > Breaking News

‘It’s Real Ugly’: Protesters Clash With Minneapolis Police After George Floyd’s

<< < (14/14)

Ptarmigan:
BREAKING: Judge in Chauvin trial says Maxine Waters' comments 'may result in this whole trial being overturned'
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-judge-in-chauvin-trial-addresses-maxine-waters-comments-says-it-may-result-in-this-whole-trial-being-overturned

--- Quote ---Closing arguments were heard today in the trial of Derek Chauvin, who is the former officer accused of killing George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minn. on May 25 of last year.

In that closing, the attorneys for the defense brought up their concerns that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) had threatened the jury publicly when she made a series of comments calling on protesters to "stay on the street" and to "get more confrontational" if Chauvin is found guilty of manslaughter alone.

Defense attorneys said that there would be no way for jurors to have avoided hearing her statements, as the media has been covering this trial in every aspect. The attorney said he didn't know how the jury could be "free from the taint of this."
--- End quote ---

Maxine Waters's statement could cause the trial to be overturned.

--- Quote ---"I think if they want to give their opinions, they should do so in a respectful, and in a manner that is consistent with their commitment to the constitution, to respect the co-equal branch of government. Their failure to do so is abhorrent, but I don't think it has prejudiced us with additional material that would prejudice this jury. They have been told not to watch the news and I trust that they are following these instructions and that there is not in any way a prejudice...

"A congresswoman's opinion really doesn't matter a whole lot," Cahill concluded, and denied the motion for a mistrial.

Waters called on protesters to defy curfew and to "fight for justice." She stated that she would not be satisfied if he received a sentence for manslaughter—only murder would count.
--- End quote ---

Ptarmigan:
Black-owned businesses in 'George Floyd Square' plea for help, say skyrocketing crime is killing business
https://www.theblaze.com/news/black-owned-businesses-george-floyd-square

--- Quote ---Black-owned businesses near the intersection where George Floyd was killed last year — now known as "George Floyd Square" — are begging for financial help because they say increased crime in their neighborhood is driving their businesses into the ground.

According to the New York Post, "Black merchants near the once-thriving corner of 38th Street and Chicago Avenue said police have abandoned the blocked-off intersection, creating a dangerous autonomous zone that has seen crime spike and business evaporate."

The business owners have been forced to resort to GoFundMe to plea for help and ask for assistance to overcome revenue losses of over 75%.
--- End quote ---

I hear nothing but crickets from the legacy news media.

enslaved1:

--- Quote from: Ptarmigan on April 25, 2021, 10:39:47 AM ---Black-owned businesses in 'George Floyd Square' plea for help, say skyrocketing crime is killing business
https://www.theblaze.com/news/black-owned-businesses-george-floyd-square

I hear nothing but crickets from the legacy news media.

--- End quote ---

Hearing nothing because that would require responding to consequences like your link here, the possible consequences of their loudmouths making statements like Fire Water's in your post before this one, and because the media and the puppetmasters are trying to move on to the next shiny thing to keep their constituents distracted. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version