Author Topic: Obama to argue he needs more time to undo the damage left by Bush in speech T  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
WI_DEM (28,403 posts)

Obama to argue he needs more time to undo the damage left by Bush in speech Thursday

"In an economic speech on Thursday that could set the tone for months of campaigning, Obama is not likely to unveil new ideas to boost the economy and create new jobs," Reuters reports.

"Instead, he will make the case that he needs four more years to undo the damage left by George W. Bush, his Republican predecessor in the White House, and argue that a President Romney would bring back the weak financial regulation and budget-busting tax cuts of the Bush years."

"The strategy defies the widely held view among political analysts that most voters decide whether to fire or re-hire an incumbent president based on his own record... But many Democrats believe that Obama must put his achievements into context by explaining that he has spent his first term digging out from a disaster that was brought on by a Republican presidency."

Greg Sargent: "It's becoming clearer and clearer that one of the primary challenges facing Obama's reelection campaign is figuring out a way to turn the focus on to Mitt Romney."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/06/13/obama_to_argue_he_needs_more_time.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125145563

What kind of leader constantly whines about the mess he was left by the man before him? A true leader rolls up his sleeves, gets to work, and accepts responsibility if what he does doesn't work. Instead 0bama whines and cries then doubles down on the same failed policies that got us here.

The fact that he has a chance of winning a second term just blows me away.

annabanana (42,844 posts)
1. crappy framing. .

No matter how you look at it you lose.."

I would think that it's still Chimpy's fault would make you goons happy.

Arkana (20,911 posts)
2. Not just time--he needs a Congress that doesn't want his head on a spike.

:whatever:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Arkana (20,911 posts)
2. Not just time--he needs a Congress that doesn't want his head on a spike.

He had it. And his agenda led them to the slaughter. So how will that work, DUmbass?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Kyle Ricky

This is going to be a Blame Bush II campaign. He can't run on his record, so he has to do something. It won't work for him this time. He is already going down in history as the whining and blaming President who couldn't even pass a budget.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:43:11 PM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Even liberals are tired of his whining.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
This is going to be a Blame Bush II campaign. He can't run on his record, so he has to do something. I won't work for him this time. He is already going down in history as the whining and blaming President who couldn't even pass a budget.

You worked for him last time?
First you voted for clintoon twice then you admit you worked for 0bama last election. I would BS you, but you like that so H5.

:rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline formerlurker

Dude, it was given to you.  Be a man and own it already.

Offline Kyle Ricky

You worked for him last time?
First you voted for clintoon twice then you admit you worked for 0bama last election. I would BS you, but you like that so H5.

:rotf:

:rotf: I meant to say IT. These stupid keys are sticking.  :lmao: I did right in in 2008.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
:rotf: I meant to say IT. These stupid keys are sticking.  :lmao: I did right in in 2008.

Uh huh, sure it was a typo. I am the MIRT team here at CC and you are busted.  :-)

I knew it was a typo, I just had to give you hell over it.

Offline formerlurker

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
"Green technologies will spur economic growth." FAIL

"Healthcare reform will bend the cost curve down" FAIL

"Of course the stimulus spends a lot of money. What do they think a stimulus does?" FAIL

Now, tell us again all your grand schemes to actually do something.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Kyle Ricky

Uh huh, sure it was a typo. I am the MIRT team here at CC and you are busted.  :-)

:rotf: I know. I found it funny myself  :lmao:

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so

Also noted by the VRMC

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
There's a lot of DUmmies in the U.S., but not enough to carry the election for obama.

His scheme =

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Bad Dog

There's a lot of DUmmies in the U.S., but not enough to carry the election for obama.

His scheme =

Perfect..Hi5

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I'm starting to think that deep down inside, Obama knows he is toast, and he is just playing to his base now. Because this is the most stupid thing I think he has ever done.

Offline Bad Dog

I'm starting to think that deep down inside, Obama knows he is toast, and he is just playing to his base now. Because this is the most stupid thing I think he has ever done.

There is no deep down inside "O".  As we say in TX mile wide & inch deep.

Offline Kyle Ricky

There is no thinking about it. He knows he has no chance. He's already said that going against Romney will be a Titanic feat.

Offline Vagabond

Good grief, who does he have running his campaign?  If he let's the economy be the focus, he is done.  He may even become the second politician to lose a statewide election in all 50 states.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
We all know that in one of the few moments in which he was honest, he said that if the economy doesn't improve by his third year, he'd be a one-termer.  Here we are, 3 years, 4 months and 24 days in.  It's time to take responsibility, Barry.  No one is buying it anymore.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
A list of Obumble's accomplishments

1 Spent more money than all previous Presidents combined
2 Divided the nation to a point not seen since the Civil War
3 Made Jimmy Carter the "second worst" President in U.S. History

That's a lot to run on.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Kyle Ricky

When Obamacare is shot down, he will be saying he needs a second term to fix it.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
When Obamacare is shot down, he will be saying he needs a second term to fix it.

Exactly. 

While there's members that think he knows that he's going to lose, I think that he feels exactly the opposite.  Remember that he's a narcissist--to the nth power, which means that his opinion of himself is unlimited.  The way that I see him looking at it, there's no reason on Earth why he'd lose.  All of the polls arre fecal mattrer in his world.  Remember what he said in the leadup to the 2010 midterms, when he was warned that the election could easily be a rerun of 1994--"Yeah, but the difference between 1994 and now is that in 1994, you didn't have me."  Well, a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking was the result.  Rumors from the WH are that he loves watching the "kill shot" videos of various terrorists that have been killed in his term, over and over.  It reinforces his ego.  That's why he does it.

He is going to wake up on November 7th of this year and erupt, that the people of the United States could reject his awesomeness. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
How does adding 5 trillion to the debt undo the "damage by Bush"?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
How does adding 5 trillion to the debt undo the "damage by Bush"?

I'm still waiting for the bluegrass primitive to address the quote at the bottom of my signature line... I suspect ill wake up one morning with Boobiez and a vajayjay before that happens. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
I'm still waiting for the bluegrass primitive to address the quote at the bottom of my signature line... I suspect ill wake up one morning with Boobiez and a vajayjay before that happens. 

Screw this Obama is not now or in the past even trying to do anything.  Lazy, corrupt and a Nero who is fiddling while Rome burns.

What does he care about America----So he may have actually been born in Hawaii----Big deal , he was raised by parents that educated him in schools outside America under questionable anti-American beliefs.  Raised in a total dis funcable family here and abroad, came back to America and what ever happend here for his education is off limits to the American Citizens.  Most all information is sealed from the world. 

The only tie to America is where he was born, so big deal, we have no choice on where our mother goes into labor. So I could have dropped a baby in Germany but that does not mean if the father is from France,  that the baby is German.

This President is the first non American President we have ever had.   He is not the first Black president, he is the first bi racial one.  Heck his black race has no ties to America and on the American side, his mothers side, she did not want to live here. 

How Obama can relate to the American Blacks or Whites is as absurd as he can can relate to the Latinos or Asians.

Going to take an aspirin and go to bed, this is all above my head-----