Author Topic: Obama’s health law is proving successful  (Read 312 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Obama’s health law is proving successful
« on: March 26, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
babylonsister

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/218001-obamas-health-law-is-proving-successful

By Juan Williams - 03/26/12 05:00 AM ET

snip//

In my world of people and politics there are two relevant issues. First, does the law provide better medical care for Americans? And is it reducing the cost of healthcare?

While the new law will not be fully implemented until 2014, the parts that have been enacted show that the indisputable, factual answer to both questions is “yes.” But at the moment, the facts do not seem to matter in the court of public opinion. Republican opposition remains as solid today as the day the act was signed into law.

snip//

Also, due to new enforcement powers given to the Departments of Justice and Health and Human Services, $4.1 billion in fraudulent Medicare claims were stopped in 2011. This constitutes the single largest sum ever recovered in a single year from individuals and companies attempting to defraud the American taxpayer.

The bottom line is the reforms are leading to higher-quality care and increasing consumer protection while bending the cost curve of healthcare.

Back in 2009, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Congress must pass healthcare reform so the American people can find out what is in it. This was an unfortunate statement. It led GOP critics to say Democrats want the public to buy the metaphorical “Pig in Poke.”

But based on what the nation has now seen of the law, the pig is looking like a blue-ribbon winner, a good deal for seniors and the middle class. The only question is whether a good idea can survive bad-mouthing from GOP politicians and hard-right politics on the Supreme Court.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125125375

Who's health care costs have gone down? I don't a single person paying less for health care.

catbyte
1. It's saving my bacon right now

My husband is in the ICU right now fighting for his life and the only thing that is keeping us from financial ruin is the ACA which eliminated lifetime caps on insurance. We've been paying premiums for 30 years yet we were going to be cut off because my husband exceeded the insurance company's arbitrary lifetime cap.

Thank you, President Obama, for saving my family from a complete and utter financial catastrophe.

Diane
Anishinaabe in MI

Yeah because otherwise they would have pulled the plug by now.  :whatever:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOP Congress

Re: Obama’s health law is proving successful
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
Since when does ACA have anything to do with the mess Obama pushed through?
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle