Author Topic: Michael Moore's Letter to Obutthead  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Michael Moore's Letter to Obutthead
« on: March 06, 2010, 04:03:22 AM »
Lifelong Protester  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-06-10 12:53 AM
Original message
"Replace Rahm with me"... an open letter from Michael Moore
 Dear President Obama,

I understand you may be looking to replace Rahm Emanuel as your chief of staff.

I would like to humbly offer myself, yours truly, as his replacement.

I will come to D.C. and clean up the mess that's been created around you. I will work for $1 a year. I will help the Dems on Capitol Hill find their spines and I will teach them how to nonviolently beat the Republicans to a pulp.

And I will help you get done what the American people sent you there to do. I don't need much, just a cot in the White House basement will do.

Now, don't get too giddy with excitement over my offer, because you and I are going to be up at 5 in the morning, 7 days a week and I am going to get you pumped up for battle every single day (see photo). Each morning you and I will do 100 jumping jacks and you will repeat after me:

...Then we will put on our jogging sweats and run up to Capitol Hill. :lmao: :lmao:

link: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mikes-letter/presiden...

Moore and jumping jacks?   :rotf:

robinlynne (1000+ posts)      Sat Mar-06-10 01:09 AM
Response to Original message
2. Please Obama. Listen to the man!

cutlassmama  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-06-10 03:30 AM
3. This could actually end well.

Mira  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-06-10 12:54 AM
17. Michael Moore is a national treasure. 
 I would like to hug his mother.

Severely recommended.

zalinda (1000+ posts)      Sat Mar-06-10 02:02 AM
Response to Reply #19
21. You don't know what you're talking about
 Michael Moore has lost weight, and you can even tell that in the picture that was posted. But, it was probably not as fast as you would have liked it to be, so you can continue to berate him for his weight. He is losing weight the correct way, slowly. He did not have his stomach stapled like so many of the celebrities have.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Michael Moore's Letter to Obutthead
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:00:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that was a typo - I think Moore meant to write "eat a hundred bowls of Apple Jacks"

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »
Get in mah belleh!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
Dear Leader is stupid, but even he's not *that* stupid.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »
Linky pls?
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »
Daveparts still  (378 posts)        Sat Mar-06-10 03:15 PM
9. Obama's response 
 Dear Mr. Moore,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. Sadly, like most US employers I am not accepting applications at this time. However just for the sake of argument I showed your letter to my cabinet.

The Health and Human Services secretary said that your appointment would upset the insurance industry. My labor secretary explained that your appointment would upset America’s small business community. My defense secretary almost went through the roof explaining that our defense contractors would be livid. That if those overseas contractors where to unionize it would bust the budget. Please understand that just because our defense budget comes in at near a trillion dollars annually bringing freedom to third world peasants is very expensive.

My press secretary also explained that your appointment to the administration would be detrimental to our press outreach. That you are rarely ever invited on main stream news programs and that could hurt my administrations profile.Please understand Mr. Moore that I find your films both funny and entertaining but inside the beltway I only pretend to agree with you.

So you do your push ups and jumping jacks as for me I’m a basketball player which is about being quick and faking out the other guy. Swish, nothing but net!

Yours truly,

Barack

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x522421

Mari333  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-06-10 01:38 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. it would make me very happy and I would suddenly respect Obama again 
 if he hired Michael Moore to replace the Rahm. It would certainly bring back his eroding base.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7856084
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »
Now, don't get too giddy with excitement over my offer, because you and I are going to be up at 5 in the morning, 7 days a week and I am going to get you pumped up for battle every single day. Each morning you and I will do 100 jumping jacks.
HA HA HA HA HA  :lmao: :rotf:

Big Mikey still uses an AOL address?  Talk about being stuck in the past.  Ho hum... more overblown, too-long-to-read drivel from another moonbat.  Who cares?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
Lurking DUmbasses...

Michael Moore's success as a filmmaker and "working-class hero" is part of a carefully crafted image that bears little connection with reality, finds author Peter Schweizer in his new book "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy."

Don't be fooled by the scraggly beard, the baggy jeans, the plaid shirts and the baseball caps, explains Schweizer.

Don't be fooled by his claim to be from the working-class town of Flint, Mich., he writes.

Don't be fooled by his various claims to have made no more than $19,000 a year, $15,000 a year or $12,000 a year before his first hit, "Roger & Me," the author says.

Michael Moore

In fact, Moore didn't even grow up in Flint, but rather nearby Davison. His father was not the working stiff struggling to make ends meet that he portrays, but a General Motors employee who worked from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. and played golf every afternoon at a private country club and who had four weeks of paid vacation and retired comfortably at the age of 53.

Before "Roger & Me" hit it big in 1989, Moore had already received an advance from a New York publisher for $50,000, another $50,000 from Mother Jones magazine upon termination as an editor and a $20,000 grant from Ralph Nader. After "Roger & Me," he became fabulously wealthy by nearly any standard.

When Moore flew to London to be interviewed by the BBC or to promote a film, he flew the Concorde and stayed at the Ritz. But, according to the book, he would also keep a room at a cheap hotel down the street where he would meet with journalists to maintain his image as a "man of humble circumstances."

His 10-acre, waterfront home today is on Michigan's Torch Lake, one of the three most beautiful lakes in the world, according to National Geographic. He was accused by authorities of despoiling a wetland – just like many of the greedy, robber-baron land-grabbers he criticizes – when he tried to expand his private beach.

Moore also owns a penthouse in New York City. That was his official residence until 2003 when he switched to Michigan. That coincided with the success of "Bowling for Columbine," which brought him millions in profits – profits that would have been taxed at a rate of 7.7 percent in New York, as opposed to 3.9 percent in Michigan, saving him hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Schweizer reports that Moore, like Rosie O'Donnell, detests guns in the hands of ordinary Americans but surrounds himself with armed guards when he is out in public.

One of the secrets to Moore's success, writes Schweizer, is his virulent anti-Americanism, which has wide appeal abroad. Moore, for instance, has sold twice as many books in Germany alone as he has sold in the U.S.

"Moore's books and films sell well overseas because anti-Americanism is a popular idiom," writes Schweizer. "Says Andrian Kreye of Munich, Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung, 'German readers feel safe regurgitating anti-Americanism so long as it's an American who says it first.'"

Schweizer reveals in "Do As I Say (Not As I Do)" that Moore owns tens of thousands of shares of stock despite claiming he owns none. Most surprisingly of all, however, is the revelation that among those stocks are substantial shares of the much maligned Halliburton.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47233

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
(CNSNews.com) – Filmmaker Michael Moore has been approved to receive a refundable tax credit of up to $1 million from the State of Michigan Film Office for his 2009 documentary, “Capitalism: A Love Story,” and a Republican state senator in Michigan wants her state's money back.  Two years ago, Moore attacked the movie-subsidizing program for giving "free money" to corporations.

“That’s a refundable tax credit, so that’s just a handout,” Michigan Sen. Nancy Cassis told CNSNews.com Friday from her office in Lansing. “I am just aghast at his asking for the taxpayers of Michigan to donate $1 million out of our already impoverished general fund to support his film--that trashes our economic system.”

In July 2008, Moore participated in a panel discussion at the Traverse City Film Festival, where he attacked the tax-credit program.

"These are large multinational corporations--Viacom, GE, Rupert Murdoch--that own these studios," Moore said. "Why do they need our money from Michigan, from our taxpayers? We’re already broke here. Why? I mean, they play one state against another and so they get all this free cash when they’re making billions already in profits. What’s the thinking behind that? … Giving free money to a bunch of billionaires."

Sen. Cassis expressed outrage over Moore’s condemnation of the program. “The hypocrisy of Michael Moore is absolutely stunning,” she told CNSNews.com.

“On one day he criticized the film giveaways and then asked for a $1 million handout of his own,” Cassis said.
http://www.valuesvoternews.com/2010/02/michael-moore-seeks-million-dollar.html
    - Charlton Heston

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »
Volunteers needed to push MM back into ocean

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »
Not a real good idea. Every time he falls into the ocean, tsunami warnings go up in over half the planet.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
Not a real good idea. Every time he falls into the ocean, tsunami warnings go up in over half the planet.

and apparently he has already eaten 3 trainers.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 04:55:17 PM »
and apparently he has already eaten 3 trainers.

Hey; those were accidents.  They were between him and a bucket of jelly doughnuts.  :-)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 05:54:56 AM »
Hey; those were accidents.  They were between him and a bucket of jelly doughnuts.  :-)

Hey I don't know what they expected, they were warned: If you get a little on you and he's around.... 

:lmao:

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:30 AM »

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Vmnq5dBF7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Vmnq5dBF7Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    - Charlton Heston

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 08:40:56 AM »
..Naaa - he just recently learned that the White House has a pastry chef... thats the only reason he is interested.