Author Topic: U.S. credit rating about to tank because of social expenditures  (Read 2724 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
U.S. credit rating about to tank because of social expenditures
« on: January 11, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »
US's triple-A credit rating 'under threat'
By Francesco Guerrera, Aline van Duyn and Daniel Pimlott,in New York

Published: January 11 2008 02:00

The US is at risk of losing its top-notch triple-A credit rating within a decade unless it takes radical action to curb soaring healthcare and social security spending, Moody's, the credit rating agency, said yesterday.

The warning over the future of the triple-A rating - granted to US government debt since it was first assessed in 1917 - reflects growing concerns over the country's ability to retain its financial and economic supremacy.

read more at, but one has to register: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/fcc631cc-bfe6-11dc-8052-0000779fd2ac,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2Ffcc631cc-bfe6-11dc-8052-0000779fd2ac.html%3Fnclick_check%3D1&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drudgereport.com%2F&nclick_check=1
----------

Oh my.

Should it be any news that it's the primitives, and not the military, that's driving us deeper and deeper into debt?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: U.S. credit rating about to tank because of social expenditures
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »
they will ignore this or find a way to spin it....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:47:01 PM »
It's obviously a conspiracy of the Joooooooooooos!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
US's triple-A credit rating 'under threat'
By Francesco Guerrera, Aline van Duyn and Daniel Pimlott,in New York

Published: January 11 2008 02:00

The US is at risk of losing its top-notch triple-A credit rating within a decade unless it takes radical action to curb soaring healthcare and social security spending, Moody's, the credit rating agency, said yesterday.

Fifty trillion dollars over the next ten years to pay for welfare benefits, tapped-out Social Security and Medicare IOU's, government employee pensions and healthcare.

The military operations in Iraq are a drop in the bucket compared to this. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.