Author Topic: Relaxing Monday?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Relaxing Monday?
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:42:41 AM »
Hope you are all enjoying a relaxed day while I'm working.  :-)

[youtube=425,350]-Ti1Y3rKuCs[/youtube]

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Relaxing Monday?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 11:45:38 AM »
Yes, my day is going well.  Thank you very much for asking. :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »
I slept in, made french toast for breakfast, and am now enjoying my second cup of coffee.  I have plans to do some deep cleaning and organizing today, I have too much junk, which make things hard to keep tidy because things don't have a place.  I'm going to do my best to resolve it today.  :-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »
Woke up way too early, thinking about taking a nap.  :yawn:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »
I slept in, made french toast for breakfast, and am now enjoying my second cup of coffee.  I have plans to do some deep cleaning and organizing today, I have too much junk, which make things hard to keep tidy because things don't have a place.  I'm going to do my best to resolve it today.  :-)
There you go! http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-declutter-your-home   
Get tidying.  :)

Offline debk

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »
After last week working my tush off for the wedding I did on Saturday....I slept most of yesterday and spending today catching up on email, FB and here. Heading out to the pool for a couple of hours then have 3 reports to get done.

The wedding came off without any hitches except someone sent the groom and best man(his father) out 25 minutes before the wedding was to start  ::)...sent someone to tell them to stand around and talk to people....but apparently it didn't register with them. I had the rest of the bridal party on schedule!

Everyone liked the food...groom's mother kept asking for the recipe for the potatoes and I kept politely smiling and not answering until the 4th time she asked....actually what she said was...."you HAVE to give me the recipe for those potatoes...I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT!!".....and I said "no, sorry." Pissed her off. (she's a whiny b****). Told her I have no problem giving out recipes that I get from somewhere else....but those I make up....I don't give out.

Not exactly true....but I really don't like the woman. I don't normally take an instant dislike to someone...but this woman is something else! Gave a bridal shower for the bride and groom....she served hamburgers and hot dogs, and chicken fingers and fried mushrooms (the pre-cooked frozen kind that get baked), cole slaw, potato salad, some fruit(grapes, canteloupe, pineapple...that she said cost $400!!) and angel food cake still in the grocery wrapper.....no alcohol....and told everyone that it cost her $5000!!!!!!! As a result, they couldn't afford to do a rehearsal dinner ...so they brought 3 pizzas, and 2 small fruit topped pizzas from Papa John's!!!!

For the reception I made(100 people):

Shrimp salad w/ butter crackers
Spinach dip w/ Tostitos
Salsa
Mixed nuts

25 lbs beef tenderloin w/ horseradish sour cream sauce
31 lbs of ham w/ Jack Daniels honey maple glaze
Soft rolls
Cheesy twice baked potatoes
Corn-black bean salad
Caprese salad
Bow-tie pasta salad w/ pepperoni, red/yellow/orange peppers, grape tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, fresh parsley
Caesar salad

Strawberries w/creme fraiche

Did the above for about $600.

And yes ...I am bragging :tongue:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »
That all looks very tasty deb.  When you decide to give out the potato recipe post it here first.  :-)

Offline debk

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
That all looks very tasty deb.  When you decide to give out the potato recipe post it here first.  :-)

Bake some Idaho potatoes (8 large will fill a 9x13" baking dish) for 90 minutes at 400.

While hot, peel and put in mixing bowl.

Add whatever you like on your baked potatoes....I use butter, sour cream, chives.
1 diced onion
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.

Mix with beaters until well blended....they will still be lumpy.

Adjust seasonings to taste ....probably need to at least add salt.

Add grated cheddar cheese.

Put in greased baking dish.

Cover with more grated cheddar....bake until heated thru at 350...about 30-45 minutes.

The leftovers make awesome potato pancakes....add a beaten egg or two.....mix well....and cook like you would regular pancakes.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:46:50 PM by debk »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »
$5000?  Yikes.

Sounds tasty... when can I come pick up some leftovers? :drool:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Flame

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 01:46:16 PM »
Made curtains for my back door today....turned out quite nice if I do say so myself!   Also hung up a quit/wall hanging thingy my sister-in-law made for my husband.

The quilt is hanging in the stairwell near out front door, and the door is off out dining room/kitchen into the back yard.

My oldest son has baseball practice tonight, but that's about it.

Offline Flame

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

Bake some Idaho potatoes (8 large will fill a 9x13" baking dish) for 90 minutes at 400.

Add whatever you like on your baked potatoes....I use butter, sour cream, chives.
1 diced onion

Cover with more grated cheddar....bake until heated thru at 350...about 30-45 minutes.

The leftovers make awesome potato pancakes....add a beaten egg or two.....mix well....and cook like you would regular pancakes.

Sounds yummy!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »

1 diced onion

Adjust seasonings to taste ....probably need to at least add salt.

:drool: I am definitely going to try that.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
The quilt is hanging in the stairwell near out front door, and the door is off out dining room/kitchen into the back yard.

Nice!  I like it.  The curtains, not so much :)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
A late morning with beer for breakfast and some leftover spicy pork for lunch, followed by not much else.  I'm off tomorrow, so I might get something done this weekend.  Or maybe not.  Sometimes it's nice not having any responsibilities.

Offline debk

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 02:20:13 PM »
$5000?  Yikes.

Sounds tasty... when can I come pick up some leftovers? :drool:

If she spent more than a couple hundred I'm the Pope!!!!

The bride's mom found whole beef tenderloin here for $4.98lb!!!! I cooked 7 of them. They turned out great, but I made up a glaze for the hams that was awesome.....Jack Daniels, Coca-cola, brown sugar, spicy mustard, maple syrup, and the glaze packet that came with the ham (spiral ham from Sam's). Put each ham in a baking bag and poured the glaze over it, then baked them in a roasting oven (one of those old-fashioned ones that sits on the counter) at 300 for 45 minutes, then 250 for 4 hours. They were incredibly moist and flavorful. Did not have the Honey-baked Ham crustiness, but the flavor was better....at a quarter of the cost.

If you don't have one of these countertop ovens....they are the greatest. Got mine at Target 5 or 6 years ago. They put them on sale several times in the fall, and will hold a 30lb turkey easily. When they go on sale they are usually less than $40. They've been around forever...we had one when I was a kid.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
If she spent more than a couple hundred I'm the Pope!!!!
:rotf: :-*

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »
I guess I shouldn't talk about the beer-can chicken I made today.  I bought two whole chickens a while back at Sam's for 8 bucks.  The first one fed me for damn near a week.  I'm guessing the second one will do as well, especially considering I don't have to eat it every meal, every day.  I still have leftover ribs and some green chile for burritos.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 09:50:51 PM »
I finally saw "The Hangover".  That was the most remotely productive thing I've done all day.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender