Author Topic: How about a ride with the Blue Angels???  (Read 1172 times)

Offline 5412

How about a ride with the Blue Angels???
« on: March 29, 2009, 06:28:46 AM »
Hi,

My wife and I used to live in Pensacola, on Perdido Key, just a few miles from the Pensacola NAS where the Blue Angels were stationed.  We had a red Mustang convertible and my wife was riding along Barrancas Blvd. which is on the edge of the Naval Air Station, top down, beautiful sunny day.  All of a sudden her chest starts vibrating and she looks up and there is one of the Blue Angels, upside down, probably no more than 50-75 feet in the air, checking her out.  He waived at her, she waived back and then he moved foreward enough so the blast would not hit her and shot straight up in the air, afterburner and all.  Quite an experience.

Those guys are amazing,

Back Seat of F-18

I think you will like this...

Ride in an F/A 18 Hornet

Make sure and click on all 5 excerpts. What a Ride!!!

Make sure your sound is on.

This is very good. Be sure to watch all of the 'scenes' especially  'Scene 2'.

You have to click on each photo at the left to watch the scene.   

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/swf/blueangels/blueangels.swf

Offline Flame

Re: How about a ride with the Blue Angels???
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:02:16 AM »
I have some great picture I took of the Angels at an airshow in 2005....very cool!   And that one was of the cool things about living in Colorado SPrings...Thunderbirds every June for the Air Force Academy graduation!

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »
Sadly those of us in Helena MT who enjoy the Blue Angels will never get to see them perform here ever again - they blackballed us.

The last time they were here there was all kinds of anti-military krap that they had to deal with;

1)  several enlisted members of the team were verbally assaulted when they went into several businesses and asked permission to place a poster advertising the air show

2)  a female county commissioner accused an senior enlisted member of the team of drugging and raping her.  When the drug and rape tests came back, there was ZERO evidence that she was drugged and ZERO evidence that she was raped - but the damage was done.  The team member she accused was kicked off the team and was forced to retire from the Navy early.

The thunderbirds and the Golden Knights are scheduled to perform their airshows here in June.  I sent both teams an e-mail advising them to contact the Blue Angels about how they were treated here and detailed some of the conduct of the folks in Helena MT.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
Was said senior enlisted member allowed to sue for defamation?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:55:58 PM »
Was said senior enlisted member allowed to sue for defamation?

Probably not.

The Navy and the Blue Angels just wanted the whole matter to disappear.

His career was ruined.

The female county commissioner in question is a well known lush.  County taxpayers shelled out money more than once sending her to rehab.  One person I worked with, when I worked for the state, told me he lived a couple houses down from her and he said it was if she had a revolving door in her house because she was "constantly" bringing a different male home.

She has since disappeared.  One can only hope she got so drunk that she drover her car off a bridge and into the Missouri River and drown.
America - Love It, or LEAVE