Author Topic: State Department Won’t Evacuate American Citizens from Sudan As Conflict Intensi  (Read 581 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
State Department Won’t Evacuate American Citizens from Sudan As Conflict Intensifies
https://freebeacon.com/national-security/state-department-wont-evacuate-american-citizens-from-sudan-as-conflict-intensifies/

The State Department says that it has no plans to evacuate the 16,000 American citizens in Sudan as fighting between the country’s military leaders plunges the country further into chaos.

The U.S. military on Saturday evacuated the 100 officials working at the U.S. embassy in Khartoum, citing danger to embassy staff. But speaking to reporters over the weekend, a State Department official said that evacuation efforts would not extend to civilians.

"As a result of that uncertain security picture, as a result of the unavailability of the civilian airport, we don’t foresee coordinating a U.S. Government evacuation for our fellow citizens in Sudan at this time or in the coming days," undersecretary for management Ambassador John Bass told reporters over the weekend. "We don’t anticipate those security conditions are going to change in the near term."

Saturday’s evacuation was conducted without the approval of Sudan’s Rapid Security Forces, which comprise one side of the warring military factions.

A civil war broke out in Sudan. 16,000 Americans are in Sudan. The State Department is not able to rescue them all.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

By tomorrow it'll be Trump's fault.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
By tomorrow it'll be Trump's fault.

I have a fiver that says KJP has been working up a "blame Trump" set of talking points for at least the last 3 weeks. It's the only way to stay ahead of what the boss could possibly be blamed for.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I have a fiver that says KJP has been working up a "blame Trump" set of talking points for at least the last 3 weeks. It's the only way to stay ahead of what the boss could possibly be blamed for.

I will not take that bet, except let's please be realistic. KJP is too stupid to work up anything. Her infamous binder is put together by her staffers with the talking points written in crayon so she can understand it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I will not take that bet, except let's please be realistic. KJP is too stupid to work up anything. Her infamous binder is put together by her staffers with the talking points written in crayon so she can understand it.

Between her and slo joe they must go through a lot of crayons  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Trapped Americans In Sudan "Shocked & Disgusted" - Left By Biden To Fend For Themselves
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/turkish-evacuation-plane-comes-under-attack-sudan

Update(1302ET): Sudan is continuing to stare into the abyss of full-blown civil war as the battle for control of the capital of Khartoum between two rival generals - now reaching the two week mark - results in a mounting death toll. Currently, dozens of countries have for days been racing to get their citizens out via military transport planes, ships, and via cross-border land routes into Ethiopia and neighboring countries, but not the United States.

A surprisingly blunt report voicing intense criticism toward the Biden administration has been issued by CNN Friday, which writes, "As the crisis in Sudan continues to unfold, there is mounting anger among Americans who feel abandoned by the US government and left to navigate the complicated and dangerous situation on their own."

CNN further points out that robust evacuation efforts are underway by many other countries. As we detailed below, a C-130 evac flight sent by Turkey even took on small arms fire while landing outside the capital. And the Chinese government has said it has successfully evacuated at least 1,300 of its nationals thus far, with state media confirming evacuation operations ongoing by "land and sea".

America has done nothing about evacuating Americans. China is evacuating people.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

I just go to Al Arabiya for the latest news on the fighting. 

Western sites are literally phoning it in... 300 Americans in a bus-convoy.  Secretary Blinking yamming about a 72-hour ceasefire.  Nobody even knows what that means with shells flying everywhere.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2023/04/25/Sudanese-man-braves-Khartoum-clashes-to-tend-to-wild-animals-at-his-sanctuary

Offline Dblhaul

Offline ADsOutburst

FJB

I was tempted to say "Let's go Brandon!", but I'm at the point where I can't offer him any encouragement, not even mockingly.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
FJB
I was tempted to say "Let's go Brandon!", but I'm at the point where I can't offer him any encouragement, not even mockingly.

Oh I can happily offer #JoeThePretender and his junta plenty of encouragement...
  • ...to suck-start a shotgun
  • ...to die in a friggin' fire
  • ...to eat a 50 lb bag of dicks
  • ...to take a nice long walk off a short pier
  • ...to take a flying leap
  • ...to **** all the way off
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus