Author Topic: New to the unemployment line.  (Read 394 times)

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
New to the unemployment line.
« on: April 24, 2023, 06:20:56 PM »
I hear that CNN just fired Lemonhead.

Now that Fox is showing their true stripe perhaps they will let him have Tucker Carlson's old job.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: New to the unemployment line.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 10:37:24 PM »
Downward-Spiral Of The Year.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 10:58:11 PM »
Unfortunately so but Fox has shown their Leftist leanings before, fairly recently too. Obviously they are hopping on Brandon's bandwagon for the '24 Putsch against President Trump's inevitable push.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 06:14:35 AM »
IMHO, Carlson is in a great position to do not much of anything for the next few months. Call it an extended vacation. He'll be back, though, because he's driven to deal with the lies of the left and the specter of the 2024 election looms.

When he comes back, he'll either start his own news company (not sure you can call it a "cable news" company) or, like many pundits who have been ejected by the legacy and cable news media, start his own podcast.

Rogan, move over, buddy. You're gonna have some company.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 01:43:13 PM »
My thoughts exactly Eupher. Definitely room for a solidly conservative forum in the cable political commentary landscape.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 02:50:13 PM »
Of the three major media figures (being generous toward Lemon):

* The now former CEO of NBCUniversal Jeff Shell is likely to have a bit of difficulty/delay in finding a roughly equivalent position. He left due to an "inappropriate relationship" with a subordinate. #MeToo is self-declawed by its hypocrisy, partisanship, and its leaders' antisemitism, but its influence lingers in Prog circles. And CEO positions don't grow on trees.

* Tucker Carlson is and will be forced with tough choices. Go with another major news/opinion outlet? Glen Beck claims to have offered Carlson a job. Create his own video/podcast channel? On a site like Rumble? Create his own site? POing Progs imagining his demise will be a matter of when and how, not if.

* Don Lemon ... I'm no expert on ProgMedia outlets and opportunities, but I'd be surprised if he winds up on his own video/podcast on some semi-obscure ProgMedia outlet or a dim corner of GoogTube.

I think Carlson will land on his feet quickly with little hassle.

I think Sell will eventually find something he will consider decent, but probably not as elevated as CEO of NBCUniversal.

Borrowing from one of Gordon Ramsey's current show, I think Lemon will land, but in a bottom level kitchen (:rimshot:).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 05:48:25 PM »
Maybe Lemon should reach out to Potato-head Stelter. Seems he resurfaced.  :whatever:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 05:16:51 AM »
Reading more speculation as to the why and wherefore Carlson left Fox, I happened on this lengthy comment in a RedState article.

The comment is intriguing and, if it's true, Murdoch has done a damned good job silencing Carlson. Carlson never saw it coming.

A portion of the comment:

...Because Tucker, it turns out, had only recently re-negotiated his contract with Fox, and is currently legally bound to them four three more years. That means that though Tucker will no longer be broadcasting on Fox, since they have paid off his contract (i.e. paid him for his time under the terms of his contract), unless they release him from his contract, he cannot work for another network or even start his own company. And they are not going to release him. They have effectively muzzled the only voice in all major media speaking for populism/ MAGA/ and effectively Trump for the next three years.

The only way he can remain active in the broadcast industry for the next three years, is if Fox agrees to sell the terms of his contract and somebody buys the contract out. Fox isn't going to sell. Fox is effectively spending about 8 million a year for the next three years to keep Tucker muzzled...

The RedState article:
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/04/25/why-did-fox-news-part-ways-with-tucker-carlson-his-past-regrets-might-give-us-a-clue-n736708
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.