Author Topic: Charges Dropped Against Alec Baldwin for Fatal Shooting  (Read 276 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Charges Dropped Against Alec Baldwin for Fatal Shooting
« on: April 20, 2023, 07:44:48 PM »
Go ahead and tell me there aren't at least two systems of justice in this bullshit country we call the United States of America.

Un-****ing-believable. Nope. Completely believable because that's the system we have been cucked with.

Can you believe it? Because I can. Charges against Alec Baldwin in the fatal Rust movie set shooting have been dropped, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

Baldwin, who is 65 years old, was charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, during filming back in October 2021. It’s beyond frustrating that despite Baldwin accidentally firing a gun while practicing a cross-draw, causing the death of the cinematographer and injury to the director Joel Souza, he won’t face any legal consequences, but that’s liberal privilege for you.

“We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Alec Baldwin and we encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident,” Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro, Alec Baldwin’s attorneys, said in a statement.

Baldwin went on a P.R. tour after the incident, where he absolved himself of any responsibility for Hutchins’s death. “Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is,” Baldwin told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “But I know it’s not me.”

Flashback: Alec Baldwin’s Gun Didn’t ‘Accidentally Discharge,’ But Gun Owners Already Know That

It’s undeniable that Baldwin is responsible for the fatal shooting. He was holding the gun, and fired it. Hutchins would likely still be alive if a National Rifle Association safety advisor had been present on set as they typically are on other movie sets.

“Her death is the result of the kind of dogmatic, self-righteous leftism that Baldwin espouses,” political commentator Mark Judge wrote earlier this year. “The tight grip of Baldwin’s unwavering belief system pulled the trigger. The ego that has made him rage against the NRA created the environment that made a tragic accident possible.”

The left is too busy demonizing the NRA to acknowledge the fact that the group is devoted to gun safety — and gun safety was undoubtedly not present on the set of Rust. Hutchins’ death resulted from a lack of adherence to proper gun safety protocols, compounded by Alec Baldwin’s recklessness. However, it seems that Baldwin’s liberal privilege means he will not be held accountable for his actions, which means that Hutchins’ family won’t receive justice.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who served as the armorer for the film, was also accused of two counts of involuntary manslaughter in relation to the tragic death of Halyna Hutchins. However, in late February, the gun enhancement charges that were filed against both Baldwin and Gutierrez-Reed were dropped.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/04/20/breaking-charges-dropped-against-alec-baldwin-for-fatal-shooting-n1688920
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Charges Dropped Against Alec Baldwin for Fatal Shooting
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 07:09:18 AM »
Honestly I was surprised that he was charged to begin with. I am by no means a fan of Alec Baldwin but I also accept that accidents happen and some times there is no criminal behavior or intent involved. Now, from a civil trial point of view I think that the woman's family should take him for everything they can get but I don't believe he did anything criminally wrong.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 07:18:48 AM »
Honestly I was surprised that he was charged to begin with. I am by no means a fan of Alec Baldwin but I also accept that accidents happen and some times there is no criminal behavior or intent involved. Now, from a civil trial point of view I think that the woman's family should take him for everything they can get but I don't believe he did anything criminally wrong.

I disagree. Anyone handling firearms, even props (though this particular revolver was a legitimate, real firearm), is criminally negligent if he/she does not check that firearm before pointing it at a person.

As I understand it, armorers are specifically hired by movie and TV producers to ensure safety in the handling of firearms. The female armorer in this case is reported to have been negligent in a number of specific incidents. But even though she may have been negligent, that still does not absolve Baldwin from an accusation of criminal negligence.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 11:59:04 AM »
I was on the wrong end of an accidental discharge where someone died. I speak from a different perspective than most.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 05:18:46 AM »
I was on the wrong end of an accidental discharge where someone died. I speak from a different perspective than most.

Clearly. I'm of the school where there is no such thing as an "accidental discharge." Intent to discharge the firearm may not be there in such cases, but the "accident" is the result of a failure to adhere to the basic firearms handling rules. And that's where the "negligent" part comes in. The court, through the standard proceeding, should determine whether or not Baldwin and his armorer were criminally negligent.

All the same, I'm wondering who paid whom to make those charges go away. And how much. Baldwin has already reached a settlement with the victim's family, announced in October 2022. The amount was not disclosed, but I'm hoping it deeply, deeply hurt Baldwin financially. Baldwin has a history of being a vengeful, angry, arrogant asshole who has had more than one scrape with the law, usually the result of his public behavior. It's just shameful that bringing him down to earth cost the life of one person, and wounding another.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 05:21:44 AM by Eupher »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 09:56:01 AM »
In short, I was handing the weapon to a friend and as they pulled it from me my finger was inside the trigger guard, my finger contacted the trigger as the gun was being pulled forward and the gun went off.

I appreciate your honesty and your acknowledgement of what happened. And I'm very sorry to hear of the aftermath -- that is something that we should never have to bear.

But I imagine you recognize the error here. One should NEVER have the finger on the bang switch until it's time to rock and roll. This is my fundamental point -- violation of gun safety rules is the CAUSE (not a symptom) of so-called "accidental discharges."

The prosecutor clearly saw things as you point out, but that does not negate the originating factor. Decorum prevents me from stating that again, as you are clearly living it every day and for that, I sympathize.

As for Alec... being an arrogant, careless prick is not by itself a crime.

That's true, but when it comes to the court of public opinion (FWIW) even he has to acquiesce to its reality. In short, Karma's a bitch and she ain't playin'. No sympathy for the asshole.