Author Topic: If you want to be part of a "well regulated milita".  (Read 325 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
If you want to be part of a "well regulated milita".
« on: March 31, 2023, 09:41:12 PM »
The Jungle 1 (3,923 posts)

Join the military. Short of that "we the people" have a right to control the guns you own.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Just so you know guns are very controlled in the military.

“The very language of the Second Amendment,” wrote Burger, “refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires. … The Framers clearly intended to secure the right to bear arms essentially for military purposes.” Chief Justice Warren Burger.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger also once said, "The gun lobby's interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American people by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime."

The three Justices that the felon trump appointed are putting this nation in danger.

I highlighted part is where the DUmpmonkie is both right and wrong at the very same time. Guns are meant for the citizen to be able to take military action, when required, eith against a foreign enemy... or a domestic one.

inthewind21 (2,761 posts)

1. Correction

The US citizen that put Trump in office which allowed him to put 3 justices on the bench are putting this country in danger.

3. Correction of a correction

If I rob a bank and use a get away car.
Do you arrest the person who sold me the car.

The orange felon is responsible for his action.

:thatsright:

Star Member sarisataka (15,554 posts)

6. You would probably not arrest them

But would you sue the seller and the manufacturer of the car? Or is responsibility still on the felon?

7. I do not think there is any liability for the manufacture or seller.

I do understand your point about the nuts who voted for the felon.

So, manufacture and selling guns should hold no liability... good to know.

maxsolomon (30,029 posts)

2. That interpretation happened prior to President Sociopath's appointments.

DC v Heller, 2008. Scalia, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito.

3 of them are still on the court.

5. Well I am gonna have to call ya on that

Bruen Decision June 23 2022. 6-3 vote
The Supreme Court's Bruen decision lifted most state restrictions on the public carrying of weapons, it also did something much more significant. It changed the way in which courts must judge Second Amendment challenges to gun regulations and restrictions.

Until we take to the streets nothing will change.

Kennah (10,312 posts)

8. Perpich v DOD said there are three militias: federal, state, and reserve or unorganized

Since the 1903 Efficiency in Militia Act, or Dick Act, the reserves and state guard have been declared part of the federal militia (U.S. military) when called up by the President, which overrides a call up by the Governor.

So the federal militia is the U.S. military and includes the reserves and guard when called up by the President.

State militias do exist in some states, but I don't think they'd last very long against the U.S. military if someone decides they wanna secede.

Then the reserve or unorganized militia. Those eligible to be called up, which is men 17 to 45 per 10 USC 246.

Finally, we must draw conspicuous attention to the 20 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan and conclude that no one fights and kills extremely determined, well-trained, fit, young insurgents like the U.S. military. Meal Team 6 wasn't in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So the idea that fat, middle-aged guys are going to fight off the U.S. military is beyond silly.

Sorry NRA, but facts are facts.

The Military is the standing armies of the USA.
The Reserves and National Guard are the 'Militia', although the reserves are just a money game to reduce DOD costs and pay them out of a separate purse.
The unorganized militia is everyone about to carry a weapon, 17 to 45. The citizen. The 'laws' of the militia run back to medieval times, and basically required the citizen to retain and maintain serviceable weapons and ammunition to fulfil their duties in the case of being needed to carry out their duties.

WarGamer (8,296 posts)

9. All you need is 5 SCOTUS Judges to see it your way...

Without that, it's fantasy. 

10. Repeal of the 2nd is a real option

Even if there is no chance of repeal the effort would force change.
But yes it would be easier if trump and the right would not have stolen two seats.

ripcord (3,812 posts)

14. How is it a real option?

Republicans control 28 states while we control 19, if anything we are likely to lose rights we consider important if it comes to making constitutional changes.

15. I disagree

Just the effort of repeal would force their hand. Simple politics.
Bottom line we are not screaming loud enough. Next week the mutilated kids will be forgotten.
Repeal of the 2nd would not ban guns.

Children murdered by your leftist trans radicals, by the way...

:bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online 67 Rover

Re: If you want to be part of a "well regulated milita".
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 11:08:14 AM »
ripcord (3,812 posts)

14. How is it a real option?

Republicans control 28 states while we control 19, if anything we are likely to lose rights we consider important if it comes to making constitutional changes.

If we repeal the 19th does that also include transgender men?  Just asking.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 11:58:29 AM »
The jungle character takes stupid to a whole new level.  :loser: :loser:

It’s a good thing his ass is attached otherwise he would lose it  :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 05:14:00 PM »
"Next week the mutilated kids will be forgotten."
Most leftists have already forgotten them due to preferring to instead mourn over and grieve the heartless, psychotic monster who murdered them.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 06:02:06 PM »

Join the military. Short of that "we the people" have a right to control the guns you own.

Bullshit, DUm'Rat. Back in the 1847 the courts said that Dred Scot had no rights. That decision was overturned later by a little tiff you Dim'Rats started called the first American Civil War.

Overturning previous Supreme Court cases usually happens a lot less bloodily though: just last year as only one example, one of your favorite "stick that in your pipe and smoke it" decisions - Roe vs. Wade  and Chief Justice Berger's tortured logic within it - was finally overturned and remanded to the States where it belonged. Some - the leftist shitholes chief among them - chose to continue to murder unborn infants in Moloch's name. Others just quietly re-instated their pre-Roe bans on the practice of infant sacrifice.

“The very language of the Second Amendment,” wrote Burger, “refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires. … The Framers clearly intended to secure the right to bear arms essentially for military purposes.” Chief Justice Warren Burger.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger also once said, "The gun lobby's interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American people by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime."
[snip]

Cool. Now lets see if you can quote Chief Justice Berger's stance on HOMOSEXUALITY:popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 06:06:29 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 08:49:55 PM »
No thanks DUmmy. I'm a part of the people who have a right to keep and bear arms, a right that the bill of rights states explicitly that shall not be infringed.

This right and its protection are clear to people with reading comprehension skill above DUmmy level.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2023, 01:24:11 AM »
Until we take to the streets nothing will change.

Si sentis rana, tum salire.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 08:14:49 AM »

Leftists are suddenly originalists when they think the original words can support their ideas.  Firmly believing whatever suits the needs of the moment, as usual.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.