Author Topic: The Bragg Grand Jury Delay  (Read 170 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The Bragg Grand Jury Delay
« on: March 30, 2023, 08:52:46 AM »
Star Member gab13by13 (15,636 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217772351

The Bragg Grand Jury Delay

Trump is celebrating, I'm going to be positive and say it may be a very good sign.

Allen Weisselberg fired his Trump lawyers which could mean he is cooperating with prosecutors. We know that Weisselberg committed perjury covering up for Trump, I am saying that prosecutors are hitting him up with more charges, more jail time at Rikers.

Trump denies he knew anything about the Stormy Daniel's payoff. Cohen testified that Trump told him and Weisselberg to "take care of the payoff." If Weisselberg has flipped on Trump he will corroborate Cohen's testimony, Game Over For Trump.

If Weisselberg didn't flip, never mind, if he did, don't let Bill Barr anywhere near Riker's Island. Keep those surveillance cameras operating in Weisselberg's cell.

:stoner:

Star Member no_hypocrisy (42,180 posts)

2. I too see this as a positive sign.

If AG Bragg considered his case would be strengthened/bolstered by more time to obtain more incontrovertible evidence, then he's making good choices. There is no statute of limitations at hand to force him to hurry half-cocked.

Let TFG proclaim his glee and "innocence". Let him regale in his delusions.

Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (41,176 posts)

3. The original case against AW, tax avoidance, is over though

right? So no more additional charges. Are you thinking AW can somehow help prosecution in SD payoff?

At a loss as to why, after all the opportunities, would AW switch sides now. Unless there is something much bigger than SD - the alleged potential racketeering charges?

In the GA case, remember long time ago the GJ was supposed to meet in March. And indict. And today's March 30th!

Something big is gonna happen!!!

Star Member Ocelot II (107,073 posts)

8. There is no delay. There never was one. Bragg never announced a schedule

of any kind; the only person who ever said anything was going to happen on a particular date was TFG - and, of course, he was lying. He announced a couple of weeks ago that he was going to be arrested on the following Tuesday, which was based on nothing at all other than the contents of his colon. He was trying to stir up the MAGAts, raise money, and maybe try to goad Bragg into making an announcement (or scare him into dropping the case). None of it worked and there was no arrest, but TFG got the media all stirred up, which means its consumers got all stirred up, made to believe an indictment was imminent and freaking out when it didn't happen. Meanwhile, Bragg just kept calling more witnesses. Right now the grand jury is off for a few weeks' spring break for the convenience of the jurors (note that another Manhattan grand jury hearing an unrelated case is also on a break, according to a NY lawyer) and will reconvene. Maybe there will be more witnesses; maybe they will vote right away. But there is not and never was a delay because there was never an announced, predetermined schedule in the first place and therefore nothing to be delayed. TFG's gambit punked everybody who believed him. Nobody should ever believe him.

Star Member doc03 (33,015 posts)

15. Trump will not be charged in the NY case and maybe that is good. Instead of being hit

with a flimsy misdemeanor it would be far better if the DOJ got off their f---g ass.

Star Member doc03 (33,015 posts)

20. I have lost track of all his crimes. Would that be his tax fraud

crimes that seem to have just vanished?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: The Bragg Grand Jury Delay
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 10:39:23 AM »
Oh you DUlusional DUmbass DUchebags
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: The Bragg Grand Jury Delay
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 12:11:26 PM »
If AG Bragg considered his case would be strengthened/bolstered by more time to obtain more incontrovertible evidence, then he's making good choices. There is no statute of limitations at hand to force him to hurry half-cocked.

He needs more time because he realizes that there is no crime and he knows he just f**ked up big time. Now he’s just trying to cover his ass and save himself  :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!