Author Topic: Majority says criminal charges against Trump should disqualify him in 2024 race,  (Read 234 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Joe Cool (513 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217772339

Majority says criminal charges against Trump should disqualify him in 2024 race, poll says

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/29/trump-criminal-charges-disqualify-him-for-election-poll.html

A majority of Americans believe Donald Trump should be disqualified from running for president again if he is criminally charged in any of the multiple federal and state investigations he faces, a new Quinnipiac University poll found.

But Trump is still seeing relatively strong support in the Quinnipiac poll among Republicans and Republican-leaning voters.
A majority of that group said they would vote for him in a GOP primary, by a 10 percentage point margin over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, the only other Republican who registered anything close to significant support.

:yawn:

Shanti Shanti Shanti (11,587 posts)

1. 67 averaged %, broken down by party - 88% D say yes, 75% R say no, he can still win primary

Star Member brooklynite (85,603 posts)

2. all they have to do is vote against him; problem solved.

Otherwise, no ability to disqualify him absent a specific conviction for insurrection.

everyonematters (3,207 posts)

3. I am already against Trump because he is a man of such low character,

that he should be no where near the oval office. If it was someone else, I would assess if the charges are fair and then if I think he is guilty, looking at the available evidence. I don't think someone should be precluded just because he is charged.

Star Member doc03 (33,015 posts)

5. When the founders of our country wrote the Constitution they never

foresaw anyone like DJT or a party of cowards afraid to take him on.

Star Member BlueTsunami2018 (2,936 posts)

6. Unfortunately, nothing disqualifies you from running for President.

Except being younger than 35, being born somewhere other than the United States or being impeached and removed from the office. And the latter must contain that specific language.

All this poll tells me is that we want him to be the nominee.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Actually, DUm'Rat, only a CONVICTION disqualifies him. Y'all have been charging him for over 7 years now and simultaneously haven't been able to prove a single one of those accusations.

Besides, whaddaya wanna bet that your "majority" of those polled oversampled stark raving moonbats like yourself by at least 12 percentage points (I'm comfortable wagering that it's more like 30% oversampled).

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3870

The actual poll details.  Lots of interesting numbers there, and almost all clearly split down party lines, although the independents are siding with republicans in an awful lot of the questions.

Actually, DUm'Rat, only a CONVICTION disqualifies him. Y'all have been charging him for over 7 years now and simultaneously haven't been able to prove a single one of those accusations.

To my knowledge, even a convicted felon is still legally eligible to run for president.  Definitely would be a major campaign issue for anyone, but not an automatic disqualification. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Actually, DUm'Rat, only a CONVICTION disqualifies him.

Now you’re nit picking  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

88% of dems probably think he should be disqualified regardless.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
88% of dems probably think he should be whoever they run doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell unless he's disqualified regardless.

Fixt 'er for ya, my friend. :cheers1: :hi5:

Only problem with that argument, of course is that it completely ignores the Dominion Vote Tabulators of Plenty in the equation.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpDiver

Why are they so steadfast on wanting to DISENFRANCHISE people who choose to vote for Trump? I thought DUmmies were opposed to disenfranchising voters.