Author Topic: My country, that I defended for all my life, is going to hell,  (Read 441 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member MarineCombatEngineer (9,289 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217771352

My country, that I defended for all my life, is going to hell,
and I fear for the future of my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

We must stop these vicious MAGAt's by all means necessary.

Most of you know that I'm not a violent man, but given the circumstances, what with the repigs wanting to wipe us out like the Nazi's attempted to do the "undesirables", IMHO, it's time to start fighting back with every means available.

My rant for the day.

:thatsright:

Star Member OAITW r.2.0 (18,603 posts)

1. Only the 1/2 that keeps voting Republican.

The rest of us want a better future for this country.

bucolic_frolic (36,164 posts)

6. Democracy requires defense by the masses and intelligent, forward thinking leadership

America has gone soft. We are not willing to defend. We want our money and consumerism and vanity over vigilance, morality (real morality), and community commitment. Too many big winners winning too big, and not enough taxes and responsibility for the country laid on them.

Star Member AverageOldGuy (923 posts)

8. Jefferson told us:

"From time to time, the roots of the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of MAGAts."

Time's coming.

SMoss (106 posts)

11. Liberals also have guns

Magats believe no liberals have or know how to use firearms. They might change their tune if they know we are not intimidated because many of us have guns and are marksmen.

slightlv (1,415 posts)

13. Marine, ex AF here...

and I've been feeling much like you.

When I went into the Air Force, I was among the very first females in the LE (law enforcement) MOS. At that time, they still hadn't opened up Security to women. There were a lot of issues being first... from stupid (like hats and boots that wouldn't fit) to really, really bad... (like a disproportionate number of males thinking we were there only for their pleasure). We persevered through all the groping, the ill-footing combat boots, and a whole host of other things to point out the changes that needed to be made to truly open up the field for women. I felt honored, then, to not only serve my country, but to work towards opening up a whole new field of endeavor for women. Today... bah! I am so ashamed of what my country has become, and so frustrated at not "taking care of" those who hold us back. I'm a pacifist at heart; even more so now that I'm older. But nothing will get my blood boiling more than these Magats who want to completely rip our country out from underneath us. I may no longer be able to hit the broadside of a barn, but I'm up for fighting for my country. Let those who aren't satisfied with it, who want to remake it into some sort of soviet knock-off run by too-rich-for-God oligarchs... let THEM move someplace else more to their liking... maybe Russia... or Iran. I would just sincerely love to kick them out of our country, period!

Star Member Codifer (338 posts)

16. I have seen film from WW2.

I would suppose most of us have watched such film (I think it was from Latvia of 1939 or so) and wondered why did those poor sods dig their own graves and then line up to be shot. It is, however, easy to judge from a distance. Perhaps they did not know that they were about to be murdered. I fantasize that, if it were me, I would rush the stooge with the automatic rifles and do what I could to take it away fro him and beat him to death with it. It would be much better if all twenty of us doomed sods were to do this in unison. At the very least the bastard would have a bloody nose and I would be dead either way. That is the point... I would want to go out on MY terms.

At this point in my life, the remaining years might be few by anyone's standard. Not that much to lose.

Would I get some satisfaction or other good feeling by killing someone? I don't really know but I hope not.

Perhaps the only positive outcome would be that he is dead and I am alive. I guess that that is enough.

Shit.

Edit to add: I am not a combat veteran. In SE Asia (Yankee Station, Gulf of Tonkin) I started aircraft (S2F) on the flight deck. Sometimes folks will ask what I did aboard ship and I tell them that I drove a jeep, just to **** with them a little. They walk away cock sure that I am the biggest liar they ever met.

I am a very good shot with a pistol.

:whatever:

Playingmantis (25 posts)

18. My father was a combat wounded vet from WW2 and

I served in the USAF at Clark AFB for most of my four years..

I am sick and tired of these cowards, liars and chicken hawks to claim to be so patriotic while undermining the country.. same for those Evangelicals who worship Trump..

Cant reason with them.. and they make me sick with their fakery..lies and bullshit!

and members of my own family are this way...

Its something that bothers me every day..

LexVegas (5,402 posts)

19. Amen. It's why I am an armed liberal. They can try me. nt

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: My country, that I defended for all my life, is going to hell,
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 09:01:27 PM »
damnit... i spent a lot of time building that dupe thread!

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 09:03:33 PM »
The country certainly is going to hell:

- Open borders
- Teachers grooming children
- Democrats pitting races against each other
- Normalizing the mental illness of trannies
- Inflation
- A doddering old fool as POTUS
- Fighting yet another proxy war
- An inflation "reduction" act where the government just prints oodles more money and actually increases inflation

Just to name a few reasons . . .

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 09:20:46 PM »
A couple of things. First, it's a shame these vile Marxist/fascist loving primitives were ever in the military. Second, since they left, the country is now safer by a factor of them. The sooner they're cast aside, the better.
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 09:48:09 PM »

:yawn:

i gotta say, I'm surprised that thread hasn't been taken down already.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 11:13:32 PM »
A whole lotta bouncey valor goin' on over there.

The 'Patriotism killed Patriotism' schtick when Service-records are brought up to defend open borders and Constitutional disdain.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 04:02:31 PM »
slightlv (1,415 posts)

13. Marine, ex AF here...

and I've been feeling much like you.

When I went into the Air Force, I was among the very first females in the LE (law enforcement) MOS. At that time, they still hadn't opened up Security to women. There were a lot of issues being first... from stupid (like hats and boots that wouldn't fit) to really, really bad... (like a disproportionate number of males thinking we were there only for their pleasure). We persevered through all the groping, the ill-footing combat boots, and a whole host of other things to point out the changes that needed to be made to truly open up the field for women. I felt honored, then, to not only serve my country, but to work towards opening up a whole new field of endeavor for women. Today... bah! I am so ashamed of what my country has become, and so frustrated at not "taking care of" those who hold us back. I'm a pacifist at heart; even more so now that I'm older. But nothing will get my blood boiling more than these Magats who want to completely rip our country out from underneath us. I may no longer be able to hit the broadside of a barn, but I'm up for fighting for my country. Let those who aren't satisfied with it, who want to remake it into some sort of soviet knock-off run by too-rich-for-God oligarchs... let THEM move someplace else more to their liking... maybe Russia... or Iran. I would just sincerely love to kick them out of our country, period!

Yep, those bastards were holding you trail blazers back because they did not have pregnant flight suits.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 04:21:02 PM »
Let those who aren't satisfied with it, who want to remake it into some sort of soviet knock-off run by too-rich-for-God oligarchs... let THEM move someplace else more to their liking... maybe Russia... or Iran. I would just sincerely love to kick them out of our country, period!

No. You do not talk about how it is 'MAGAts' who want to tear down and remake the country, after all these years of proclaiming the US is such an unjust country, and how the system, and our traditions needs to be torn down and remade, and how the Constitution is an anachronism written by white men. You are the ones siding with dark money and shadowy figures controlling the government and corporations from behind the scenes.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 05:29:02 PM »
No. You do not talk about how it is 'MAGAts' who want to tear down and remake the country, after all these years of proclaiming the US is such an unjust country, and how the system, and our traditions needs to be torn down and remade, and how the Constitution is an anachronism written by white men. You are the ones siding with dark money and shadowy figures controlling the government and corporations from behind the scenes.
This right here ^^^^^.

:cheersmate:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.