Author Topic: let's draft all gun owners into the National Guard  (Read 446 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
let's draft all gun owners into the National Guard
« on: March 29, 2023, 03:52:22 PM »
GenXer47 (699 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217769518

let's draft all gun owners into the National Guard
Wanna play with guns? Great, we've got a job for you.
Your weapons will be stored at the armory and you'll report for training and service as required.
No age limit. Elderly can pilot drones as well as anyone.
Any infractions will be dealt with in a court of military justice, not the soft civilian justice system we have for civilian gun owners.
I know it sound a bit ridiculous, but ridiculous is where we live!

Today, as defined by the Militia Act of 1903, the term "militia" is used to describe two classes within the United States:[8]

Organized militia – consisting of State Defense Forces, the National Guard and Naval Militia.[9][10]

Unorganized militia – comprising the reserve militia: every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age, not a member of the State Defense Forces, National Guard, or Naval Militia.[11]

Since 1933, Congress has organized the National Guard under its power to "raise and support armies" and not its power to "Provide for organizing, arming and disciplining the Militia".[12] Congress chose to do this in the interests of organizing reserve military units which were not limited in deployment by the strictures of its power over the constitutional militia, which can be called forth only "to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_(United_States)

Already most of those are in the unorganized militia by US law, dumbass... But sure- lets get them on the state payroll.

Star Member Irish_Dem (35,819 posts)

3. 40% of adult Americans own guns.

We would have a very large national guard.

GenXer47 (699 posts)

6. they can opt out - by handing over their guns

That's not how shit works in the US, bucko.

Star Member Ocelot II (107,055 posts)

9. I don't have time to explain how unconstitutional that whole idea is,

but it's unconstitutional, as well as ridiculous.

Star Member FalloutShelter (10,150 posts)

2. Absolutely...

Well regulated militia.
I’d go further. When you register your gun
(Mandated by law) You register for military draft.
Lottery system. Recruiting is at the lowest point in decades… we can fix that.

:mental:

Star Member MarineCombatEngineer (9,280 posts)

4. So you would draft this 75 yo into the NG?

Just because I legally own 1, count it,1 handgun?

Well, you're right about one thing in your thread, it is ridiculous.

I paid my dues, no thanks.

MichMan (9,051 posts)

5. National Guard members are all paid for their service

Where will the money to pay them all come from?

Star Member Ocelot II (107,055 posts)

10. The sale of their confiscated guns, of course,
since the guns most people own are not suitable as weapons for the National Guard.

Star Member EarthFirst (2,614 posts)

11. The sale of the firearms to whom? nt

:rotf:

dembotoz (15,811 posts)

21. so give them the training so they actually think they could win in a civil war?

no

I would bet most of the gun owners in the US have some sort of training...

sanatanadharma (2,687 posts)

22. If "nothing can be done!", then ...

... America is done.

Pass laws, demand gun safes, insurance, use zoning, pass anti-gun laws over and over and ignore the Supreme Court. Force the issue upon America. Define arms by law to be those known in 1789. Highlight the preamble of the Constitution. The Constitution is invalid if it fails the words of the preamble.

Force Americans to choose between centuries of fatal tradition or an actual functioning society that treats the idea of kids bleeding out in schools as a sign of mental, moral, social dis-eases. Keep the courts busy with new laws, appeals, public discussion, pressure on judges and everyone else to justify the status quo as good, acceptable, necessary, unchangeable.
Make it clear who is for humanity and who is bestial and favors child sacrifices.

There are those on the right pushing for a constitutional convention. They do not believe that nothing can be done about the Constitution.

Demand justice not 'just us' for for the overarmed few. There is NO well regulated militia if the USA does not have call-up contact information about bearers of arms or the arms and ammunition available.

Stop coddling the gun-lovers and killers.

You should start at Lexington and Concord...

EX500rider (8,810 posts)

46. Of course all able-bodied men between ages 17 and 45 are all ready in the Reserve Militia

If they know it or not.
Militia Act of 1903
The 1903 act repealed the Militia Acts of 1795 and designated the militia (per Title 10 of the U.S. Code, Section 311) as two classes: the Reserve Militia, which included all able-bodied men between ages 17 and 45, and the Organized Militia, comprising state militia (National Guard) units receiving federal support.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: let's draft all gun owners into the National Guard
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 04:28:05 PM »
Pass laws, demand gun safes, insurance, use zoning, pass anti-gun laws over and over and ignore the Supreme Court. Force the issue upon America. Define arms by law to be those known in 1789. Highlight the preamble of the Constitution. The Constitution is invalid if it fails the words of the preamble.

The path you're suggesting is a far greater threat to the preamble than anything gun rights advocates have done.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 04:33:11 PM »
sanatanadharma (2,687 posts)

22. If "nothing can be done!", then ...

... America is done.

Force Americans to choose between centuries of fatal tradition or an actual functioning society that treats the idea of kids bleeding out in schools as a sign of mental, moral, social dis-eases. Keep the courts busy with new laws, appeals, public discussion, pressure on judges and everyone else to justify the status quo as good, acceptable, necessary, unchangeable.
Make it clear who is for humanity and who is bestial and favors child sacrifices.

There are those on the right pushing for a constitutional convention. They do not believe that nothing can be done about the Constitution.

Demand justice not 'just us' for for the overarmed few. There is NO well regulated militia if the USA does not have call-up contact information about bearers of arms or the arms and ammunition available.

Stop coddling the gun-lovers and killers.

Jim Cramer thinks this is a winning bet!  :lmao:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 05:17:59 PM »
I have a better idea. How about if we make every welfare leach and SSDI lowlife work 40 hours a week or they don't get any money from hard working Americans?

OR

I am also open to just cutting welfare and SSDI for able bodied people and they can get work to pay for food and shelter themselves.

What do you ****ing useless oxygen stealing DUmbass leaches think of that?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 05:19:57 PM »
LexVegas (5,399 posts)

40. The Constitution protects rights you don't like too.

Careful Lex. Youre on thin ice with that kinda talk. Thats practically whacky conservative ideas.  :-)

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 05:23:32 PM »
I have a better idea. How about if we make every welfare leach and SSDI lowlife work 40 hours a week or they don't get any money from hard working Americans?

OR

I am also open to just cutting welfare and SSDI for able bodied people and they can get work to pay for food and shelter themselves.

What do you ****ing useless oxygen stealing DUmbass leaches think of that?

Funny you would post that. Keep in mind, the degenerate known as
GenXer47 (699 posts)
is an unemployed 40 something coffee barista who lives with its momma. Constantly complaining about its lack of a love life.

Thats the type of DUmp-grade prog. who would come with this ridiculous idea. Im not surprised.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 06:49:36 PM »
How about:

NO. <racks a slide, chambering a round>

Your move lefty.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 07:09:32 PM »
How about:

Your move lefty.

How many Teflon cop killer rounds do you have in that clip?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 10:46:38 AM »
How about:

Your move lefty.

I agree but unless children are around, you should have one in the pipe already. There is valuable time lost with racking and what if you are fending off a democrat or a democrat has disabled your off hand. Sure you can rack one handed on your belt or a table/desk (& I recommend practicing that) but why take the chance and lose valuable seconds. 

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:50:32 AM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 11:00:22 AM »
How many Teflon cop killer rounds do you have in that clip?

Don't know about that, but I pack loaded for DUm'Rats with "DUmDUm" rounds.  :lmao:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 11:01:55 AM »
I agree but unless children are around, you should have one in the pipe already. There is valuable time lost with racking and what if you are fending off a democrat or a democrat has disabled your off hand. Sure you can rack one handed on your belt or a table/desk but why take the chance and lose valuable seconds. 

Just my 2 cents.

Interesting aside.  When getting arms training as a correction officer, one of the reasons we were given to not keep a round chambered in the issued shotgun was that the sound of racking a pump shotgun is one of the most recognized sounds in the world, and in most of the situations we would be in, hearing that sound would likely give the inmates pause and prevent the need to discharge the weapon. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 12:06:54 PM »
I would draft all the war mongering politicians and their families first send them straight to the front lines
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 01:46:12 PM »
Interesting aside.  When getting arms training as a correction officer, one of the reasons we were given to not keep a round chambered in the issued shotgun was that the sound of racking a pump shotgun is one of the most recognized sounds in the world, and in most of the situations we would be in, hearing that sound would likely give the inmates pause and prevent the need to discharge the weapon.

I've heard that too but I'm not betting my family's life on that. However, I was specifically speaking of semiautomatic pistols one would carry.