Author Topic: Squatters Increasingly Taking Over Homes Across US With No End in Sight, Experts  (Read 336 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Squatters Increasingly Taking Over Homes Across US With No End in Sight, Experts Warn
https://www.theepochtimes.com/squatters-increasingly-taking-over-homes-across-us-with-no-end-in-sight-experts-warn_5139344.html?src_src=partner&src_cmp=ZeroHedge

Amid an increase in reports of squatters taking over people’s homes across the country, one expert warned that the phenomenon is on the rise and noted that removing a squatter could take months.

Real estate lawyer Jim Burling told Fox News on Tuesday that any home that is not occupied for a period of time could be targeted by squatters. If the owner tries to call the police, officers may not be able to do much, and at the same time, using the courts could turn into a lengthy and expensive process, he warned.

“I think it’s a fairly big problem and I think it’s pretty hard to avoid,” Burling, who is vice president of litigation for Pacific Legal Foundation, said. In cases where a property owner is attempting to evict a squatter, generally the court system has to get involved to determine whose paperwork is legitimate, he noted.

“If somebody is living in a home and saying ‘hey, I signed a lease, I’m paying rent, I have a right to be here,’ whether or not that’s true, the police hear that story then they hear a story of somebody who’s not living there and saying ‘this is my place these people don’t belong here,’ the police officer can’t make that legal determination,” Burling said.

Squatting is becoming a bigger problem. The police cannot do much.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline freedumb2003b

Saw a video where a guy owned his recentky-passed Dad's house and then squatters moved in.

So he squatted on the squatters. Watched the place and when they were all out of the house got a couple if guys to move their furniture and changed the locks.  When the squatters git back he showed his paperwork. When the cops showed he did not open the door and basically said they would have to evict HIM.

It worked but you gotta be tough.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Saw a video where a guy owned his recentky-passed Dad's house and then squatters moved in.

So he squatted on the squatters. Watched the place and when they were all out of the house got a couple if guys to move their furniture and changed the locks.  When the squatters git back he showed his paperwork. When the cops showed he did not open the door and basically said they would have to evict HIM.

It worked but you gotta be tough.

It is pitiful that the owner had to go through such insane measures.  Should be a very cut and dry case of trespassing, cops should be hauling the trespassers off before they are getting furniture into a house they don't own. 

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.