Author Topic: NYC DOT strikes out by misspelling ‘Jakie’ Robinson Parkway sign  (Read 264 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

The city Department of Transportation struck out on this one.

Big Apple DOT officials botched a Queens road sign for the Jackie Robinson Parkway, misspelling the color-barrier-busting baseball Hall of Famer’s name.

The sign at Myrtle Avenue and Forest Park Drive features a likeness of the Brooklyn Dodgers’ great — atop the words “Jakie Robinson Parkway.”

“It’s embarrassing,” Glendale native Kira Incantalupo told The Post on Sunday. “Poor Jackie Robinson.

“That shouldn’t have happened,” said Incantalupo, 37. “I mean, nobody wants to have that. It’s a memorial for somebody. It should be corrected.”

Queens teen JP Ward had a harsher take.

“It’s f–king stupid,” the 17-year-old said. “I wouldn’t say it’s disrespectful, but it’s definitely stupid.”

Robinson became the first black ball player in Major League Baseball when he was called up by the Dodgers in 1947, breaking the sport’s decades-old color barrier.

He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962, a decade before his death.

“This spelling mistake is absurd,” City Councilman Robert Holden added of the road-sign typo on Sunday. “You don’t have a few eyes looking at these signs? DOT is a mess.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/26/nyc-dot-strikes-out-with-jakie-robinson-parkway-sign/

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: NYC DOT strikes out by misspelling ‘Jakie’ Robinson Parkway sign
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 07:25:59 PM »
Right off Matin Luthor Kng Drive
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 08:31:29 PM »
And, it looks like the bottom arrow is attached to the post slightly crooked. Their attention to detail is something else.  :p

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 07:04:24 AM »
I'm just amazed that the workers were actually able to fasten that sign to the post without getting it crooked.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 10:41:48 AM »
I can't find it now, but there was a report that got memory holed pretty quickly which IIRC said that single digit percentages of NY graduates could read.  Not just can't read at grade level, but can't read at all.  The fact that this sign was printed and installed with no one noticing seems to enforce that idea.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 12:23:10 PM »
I can't find it now, but there was a report that got memory holed pretty quickly which IIRC said that single digit percentages of NY graduates could read.  Not just can't read at grade level, but can't read at all.  The fact that this sign was printed and installed with no one noticing seems to enforce that idea.

It was more important to have 5 workers,a foreman, project manager and union rep than a spelling wizard!

Calling dr Jill!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!