Author Topic: Biden's IRS plans to crack down on waiters' tips  (Read 376 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Biden's IRS plans to crack down on waiters' tips
« on: February 08, 2023, 08:51:35 AM »
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) proposed a revenue procedure this week to crack down on the service industry's reporting of tips.

The Service Industry Tip Compliance Agreement (SITCA) program would be a voluntary tip reporting system in which the IRS and service industry companies cooperate, according to the announcement Monday. As part of the proposal, the IRS will give the public until early May to provide feedback on the program before implementing it.

"Those 87,000 new IRS agents that you were promised would only target the rich," tweeted Mike Palicz, federal affairs manager at Americans for Tax Reform. "They're coming after waitresses' tips now."

According to the IRS, the program would seek to "improve tip reporting compliance," reduce administrative burdens and provide more transparency and certainty to taxpayers.

"This is not a proposal for the auditing of servers," an IRS official told Fox News Digital. "Yesterday’s action was a proposal for comment – not a rule – based on over a decade of feedback from restaurants and other businesses seeking the increased flexibility for their overall tax compliance on tips."

"This proposal is not in effect and is intended to welcome further conversation from all interested parties before any rule is put into place," the official added.

Among the program's features, the agency lists "monitoring of employer compliance based on actual annual tip revenue and charge tip data from an employer's point-of-sale system, and allowance for adjustments in tipping practices from year to year."

It also states that participating employers would provide the IRS with annual reports, would receive protection from liability related to "rules that define tips as part of an employee's pay" and would have the flexibility to implant internal tip reporting procedures "in accordance with the section of the tax law that requires employees to report tips to their employers."

"There's no reason they'd be issuing guidance on how to crack down on this if it was only going to end up being voluntary," Palicz told Fox News Digital in an interview. "Ultimately, the goal is to go and grab as much revenue as possible and from whoever they can."

"All of this in the backdrop of — they told us they're not going to be coming after people earning $400,000 or less," he continued. "Well, here's a new IRS rule that's focused on bringing in tips from waitresses. That's what they're focused on doing, that's what they're putting new rules on."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-irs-plans-crack-down-waiters-tips
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline RuralNc

Re: Biden's IRS plans to crack down on waiters' tips
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 07:20:45 PM »
On an unrelated but similar topic, I keep reading about "living wages". Lots of arguments from people that restaurants should pay wait staff "living wages" so they dont have to depend on tips.

I havent seen one single restaurant employee who depends on tips, agree. I wonder why.  :-)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 10:42:25 AM »
It’s probably going to cost more than they will collect  :thatsright: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 03:22:59 PM »
Democrats fighting for "the little guy", I see.

Whoops, did I say "fighting for the little guy"? Because I meant beating up the little guy.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 03:28:38 PM »
Democrats fighting for "the little guy", I see.

Whoops, did I say "fighting for the little guy"? Because I meant beating up the little guy.

It’s more like f**king the little guy.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 04:06:56 PM »
It’s more like f**king the little guy.

Well if there's anybody we know who's absolutely great at ****ing little guys, it would be #JoeThePedophile.   :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 05:42:27 PM »
Well if there's anybody we know who's absolutely great at ****ing little guys, it would be #JoeThePedophile.   :whatever:

And hair sniffing..

And forced kissing..

And lingering...

And telling creepy stories about 12 year olds..

Its just Joe. Your average neighborhood pervert.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 08:53:21 PM »
And hair sniffing..

And forced kissing..

And lingering...

And telling creepy stories about 12 year olds..

Its just Joe. Your average neighborhood pervert.

Don't forget showering. Ashley specifically mentioned him showering with her in her diary.

Personally, makes me want to puke but what do I know? Uncle Gropey is "the most-est popular-est pResident evah to step foot in the Oval Orifice", after all [/Dim'Rat]
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus