Author Topic: Ranchers warn disease that would ‘decimate’ the cattle industry could cross the  (Read 211 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Ranchers warn disease that would ‘decimate’ the cattle industry could cross the southern border
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ranchers-warn-disease-would-decimate-cattle-industry-cross-southern-border

The Biden administration’s border policies have led to a mass influx of illegal immigrants, and ranchers are increasingly concerned that they will bring with them a highly contagious virus that could cost billions and decimate the livestock industry.

Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) is a highly contagious virus that affects cows, pigs, sheep and other animals with cloven hooves. Todd Wilkinson, a South Dakota rancher who also serves as president-elect of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, told Fox News Digital it is only a matter of time before FMD makes its way across the southern border.

"Our border is just so porous, if that disease comes in, it’s just going to devastate the industry. And frankly, I don’t know how it’s been kept out to this point," Wilkinson said.

FMD circulates in 77 percent of the global livestock population, primarily in Africa, the Middle East and Asia, along with parts of South America. The United States has been free of FMD since 1929.

America could see Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD). It can have a serious impact on the cattle industry.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

I heard on the news when illegals walk through fields with crops the crops can’t be harvested because of the danger of contamination. Millions of dollars of crops are being wasted and the cost of our groceries is rising because of it. Thank you slow Joe asshole.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!