Author Topic: Woman who faked Native American heritage resigns from Wisconsin university resid  (Read 261 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Woman who faked Native American heritage resigns from Wisconsin university residency
https://www.foxnews.com/media/woman-faked-native-american-heritage-awarded-university-residency

The University of Wisconsin-Madison awarded a $5,000, 10-week residency to an art scholar who pretended to be of Native American descent, so the scholar could develop a "toolkit and curriculum around cultural appropriation," before resigning.

Kay LeClaire, who uses they/them pronouns, labeled themselves as "two spirit," an Indigenous term used to describe those who identify with both masculine and feminine qualities.

LeClaire had, for years, falsely claimed "Métis, Oneida, Ojibwe and Cuban heritage" and had even adopted an Ojibwe name, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

LeClaire also co-owned an Indigenous and queer art and tattoo parlor, they held a spot on the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Task Force and garnered recognition as a prominent Native American voice before the controversy emerged.

Kay LeClaire has been posing as a Native American. Another Rachel Dolezal, Jessica Krug, and Carrie Bourassa.

She was exposed in November 2022.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=5635.0
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 06:43:37 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Madison Indigenous arts leader, activist revealed as white
https://madison365.com/indigenous-arts-leader-activist-revealed-as-white/

Early in 2020, an Indigenous artist urged the owners of a new music venue in town to change its name.

It was called The Winnebago, after the street on which it stands. Many Indigenous people and allies let the owners know that wasn’t the best name for a white-owned music venue. One of them was nibiiwakamigkwe, also known as Kay LeClaire, a founding member and co-owner of the queer Indigenous artists’ collective giige, and budding leader of Madison’s Indigenous arts community.

It took several months, but the venue eventually relented and rebranded as The Burr Oak.

“I’m glad the owners have decided to no longer profit from the identities of Indigenous peoples,” LeClaire wrote in an editorial for Our Lives Wisconsin. “I’m glad the name is going, but I’m not happy the institutions that allowed it to be stolen in the first place remain. For over 500 years, Indigenous Peoples have not controlled our narratives and representations. Our exclusion has been built into inclusion for others.”

They knew something was off.

Several members of Madison’s Indigenous community who befriended or worked with LeClaire had small suspicions, but explained them away or gave LeClaire the benefit of the doubt.

“They claimed Métis (heritage)”, said Landsem, who is a member of the Manitoba Métis Federation. “I knew they were not. They didn’t know anything about being Métis. They told me incorrect things a lot. My assumption for the whole like last few years has been … they’re probably a disconnected descendant who has a complex about that. That’s what I assumed because I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.”

“I thought it was interesting how (they) often wore, it wasn’t like full regalia, but (they were) often wearing furs and clearly Indigenous-made clothing and it was almost like flying a flag. ‘Hi, I’m an indigenous woman.’ You don’t see that very often,” Goforth said. “Really, I don’t see that in my circles. I chalked that up to part of (their) role at the UW, bringing the exposure of culture forward, but now I look at it, and it was literally like a costume. It’s just so painful.”
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

Geez, she makes George Santos seem honest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
"Paging Liz Warren. Fauxahontas to the white courtesy phone, please"...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 07:51:22 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
"Paging Liz Warren. Fauxahontas to the white courtesy phone, please"...

It would appear that Fauxcahontas has a sister, both of whom are evil. Then again, the U of Wis in Madison is one of those festering, woke centers of hell, even among the normally astute Cheeseheads.

This is what wokeism brings -- attempts to cash in on something the wokesters aren't. Despicable.

Right, Senator Warren?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.